Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2019, 09:03 PM   #29

I like to tell them hold on while I get my credit card and set the phone down until they hang up after waiting for me to come back on with the card number. You can almost hear them trying to decide how to spend the money. Lol
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I answer Burlington County Sheriff's Department Can I help you! They really back,pedal then!
works very well!

Then there was a Sat morning a woman called selling something don't remember what. She talked for perhaps 5-6 minutes, then I said I was eating breakfast-not interested, bye. She called again in about 10 minutes, and started in again. I stopped her by asking where she was located, she told me, then I asked how bad she wanted to sell xyz, she replied very bad, so I then asked did she fool around; dead silence. No more calls from her.
Now I didn't say anything wrong, it was her mind working that did the trick.

Then there is this: The Retired Husband at WalMart.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
I answer Murphy's Mule barn Murphy speaking. Usually does the trick. My friends all know and expect it. I have one guy I can't stop "Calvin Collins the carpet cleaning expert" Must have used 40 different numbers and never answers if you pick up or call back. Would love to watch him eat a phone!
Old 05-02-2019, 07:54 PM   #32

I put my cell phone on 'do not disturb'. It stays that way all the time. My phone only rings if the calling number is in my contacts directory. The rest go to voice mail.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
I've gone for days without getting a single spam call. Then I'll get five in one day. There's no rhyme or reason.

I got one from my wife not long ago, ring tone and all, and she was sitting there next to me -- not calling me.

That's because your phone associates the spoofed number with your wife's information since it was her number.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
That's because your phone associates the spoofed number with your wife's information since it was her number.
That may be. I get maybe 10 to 15 junk calls a week from the same area code and prefix as mine. I figure if they're hitting the last four digits randomly there's a 1 in 10,000 chance of hers showing up once. Heck, I've gotten them from myself.