Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
This is actually from July but it is worth reposting.

Lindsay Lohan, 24, is all over the news because she's a celebrity drug addict.

While Justin Allen, 23, Brett Linley, 29, Matthew Weikert, 29, Justus Bartett, 27, Dave Santos, 21, Chase Stanley, 21, Jesse Reed, 26, Matthew Johnson, 21, Zachary Fisher, 24, Brandon King, 23, Christopher Goeke, 23, and Sheldon Tate, 27 are all servicemen that gave their lives this week, no media mention. Honor THEM by reposting.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
''Just give John a touch of your hand, he'd like that.''

Did that and then used the same hand to wipe away a tear.... no shame at all.
God bless our Vets......

Nuff said.....

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #17
National RV Owners Club
To all my Brothers and Sisters in Arms who have served, will serve and are currently serving Thank You for keeping this Country Truely the Land of the Free and The Home of The Brave. I have a Grandson serving in Afganistan also. Please come home safely Alex, GramPa is proud of you.
USMC 61-66
UTANG 82-92
USAFR 92-2004 (RET) Last 3yrs active duty by choice.

Also, Semper Fi to my Fellow Marines, may be retired AF, but Once, Always.

Joe & Angie
Shih Tzu's Cookie & Rocky
2001 Tradewinds 7390 2011 CRV EX-L Navi w/ RoadMaster FuseMaster
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Every Veterans day, I place a US Flag on my Dad's grave.

He went ashore on Omaha Beach on D+1, with the 29th Div.

All Vets are special people.
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
Charles H. Cecil MM2, U.S. Navy
U.S.S. Gunston Hall LSD5
South Pacific Theater 1943/1945
Combat Veteran
World War 2
Thank you my dad for your service to this great nation in her time of need. You were always my hero and my ''rod of measure'' as a man, as a sailor and as a fighting man. May I someday be worthy of being called your son....

Fair winds, Following seas

God bless and protect all men and women in service to this great nation...

Nuff said I guess.......

Seajay the sailor man....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #20
As I read this I think about my family. Grandfather - Army WW1 RIP. Father - Navy SeaBee WW2 RIP, FIL Marines China thru Viet Nam RIP, MIL Navy Nurse WW2 RIP, Myself Army 67-69, Son, just signed up Army Boot at Benning then OCS. "May God bless all that serve and those that have served". Thank You.
99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #21
Ford Super Duty Owner
God bless the Vet................All gave some ,some gave ALL!
bear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #22
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have nothing to say, but a Thank You.
We are all proud of each and every one of you, from past to present.
swamphog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:30 AM   #23
Thank you goes out to all our service men & women, we really appreciate you. Our family was honored to visit the Viet Nam Memorial in Washington, D.C, the day we visited there was a steady rain falling but the silence that fell over it was remarkable and forever etched in my memory, My brother was in Viet Nam but was one of the lucky ones to return to his family.
mk-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #24
Newmar Owners Club
Seajay et. al.:

Our son just returned from 4th tour in middle East (2 in Iraq, 2 in Afghanistan) as EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) Air Force,....SO...we're VERY aware of the contributions our Vets and Active military have made, AND how difficult it is for the families of deployed military folks during their abscence. A whole year without a father or mother at home ain't necessarily a piece of cake for the spouse and kids who remain at home and is CERTAINLY one,among the many issues these vets/active folks deal with, WITHOUT COMPLAINING!!!

It seems like such a small compensation, ......but:

It ain't no small thing !!

Steve & Lynette
2014 Newmar 3103 BAYSTAR/Triton V10 w. Banks/05 Honda Element toad
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
USAF 1962 to 1984; Vietnam 1968 - 1969, Green Hornet Gunner!! Thanks to all my brothers and sisters; I respect your service to our country. This is a great idea from a "Navy" guy!!!
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Toad: 2009 Lincoln MKX AWD
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #26
USN 1979 to 1999: Gulf War One. Panama. Great Idea Seajay. Thank you all that have and are still serving. God Bless all those in Harms Way.
Life Liberty Freedom and Pursuit of all those who threaten it.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #27
I too offer my thanks to ALL veterans of all branches of the military, and the Merchant Marines of wartime service. This forgotten group of unarmed individuals were not military members, but put themselves in danger transporting virtually everything to Europe during WW II.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #28
USN SEABEE 1963-1996 Much Thanks to all my Brothers and Sisters for your Honorable Service To God and Country. Please lets add one more thing to this post lets ALL fly Our Glorious Red White and Blue on 11 Nov. showing our Pride in Our Country and Support of Our Military. God Bless Americe One Nation Under God. Seabee

USN (SEABEE) 1963-1996, 2013 Mountain Aire 4314, 2012 Lincoln MKX, HD Softail Convertable CVO, FMCA, Good Sam, Newmar Kountry Klub Tennessee State Director, God Bless America One Nation Under God
seabee13 is offline   Reply With Quote