Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Veterans Day ...Nov 11

Veterans day is fast approaching. It is on November 11 and here is what I want everyone to do in appreciation of our veterans and the sacrifices these men and women have made to insure the freedom of this great nation.

Between now and NOVEMBER 11 I want everyone that reads this or hears about this post to come to this post and show your appreciation for the service of these brave men and women. I want you to say ''Thanks Vets'' or ''Good job Vets'' or just something simple like that to show that YOU KNOW where our freedoms come from. If you will do this for me, I, Seajay the Sailor Man, do swear that I shall forgive and forget all I.O.U.'s for the ten cents that so many of you owe me for using my wonderful ideas. I further want you to understand that, though I am a Veteran, I am not doing this for me. I am nothing, I am doing it for the men and women are the real heros. I am doing this to honor the brave men and women that have put it on the line for the freedom of this great nation. I do it for the Men and Women of WW2 and Korea. For the Veterans of Viet Nam and the many ''stick fights'' like Granada and Panama where our Veterans lost life and limb and for the brave men and women fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan and the thousands that have come home missing an arm or a leg and especially for the men and women that didn't get to come home alive. Any Veteran will tell you that the ''real heros'' are the ones that lost their lives in defense of our freedoms. God bless our Vets....

Please, between now and November 11, Please, everyone come here and show your gratitude to the men and women of every service, every stripe and color represented in our Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, Marine Corps and every Reservist that has fought for this great country and willingly put their life on the line for our freedom. Remember this ......

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. SOMEONE DIED TO GIVE IT TO US..... THANK A VET FOR IT .....

God bless our Veterans......

Nuff said I guess, It's up to you now......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Seajay, what an excellent idea. Many thanks to all you other vets out there. I could not have done it alone.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
welcome home brothers and sisters
brianj nam apr 67-nov 68
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Thank you to all fellow vets! But also thanks to all the mom's and dads that lost son's and daughters. Thank you to all the wife's and children of fallen hero's and soldiers that have been to hell and back. Lest we never forget you
jfbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you VETS, especially my nephew and his wife. Serving right now in the AIR FORCE with several tours to Iraq and Afganistan. "KEEP EM FLYING".

Bill
Air Force Vet "69 to 73"
bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Can't say it often enough. THANK YOU ALL ACTIVE AND VET!
USAF '67 - '71
Old 10-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I served in the US Navy from 63 to 67. Like seajay said, I am nothing compared to the veterans who fought for our country. Pray for them often, the soldiers on active duty in Afganistan and Iraq. I never served in a combat area, so I con only imagine how terrible it is. I have two great nephews serving in Iraq and Afganistan and I pray for them and all the soldiers fighting these useless wars.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #8

If it were up to me school kids would have to memorize these figures:

United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or for a more official source:

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/americanwarcasualty.htm

Can't seem to get the second one to work, google American War and Military Operations Casualties: Lists and Statistics

You should end up at the Naval Library.
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
My oldest son is in Afghanistan and I cannot even begin to say how proud of him I am. Thank you one and all. USAF'62-'73
1oleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
You guys are doin good.... Spread he word and lets get a thousand responses to this forum. Our Vets Are the greatest group of people in the world...... Come on......... show 'um you LOVE 'UM........
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SAFE AND SOON
Come Christmas, Willa and I hope to adopt several and send some stuff from home. I send silly stuff like a toy train, battery powered remote control cars for racing. silly puttie, tinker toys, building blocks and ''goofie lips'' and ''hill billie teeth'' and yo yo's. When our troops tire of the toys they give them to the kids over there......
God bless our troops and bring them home soon please...

Nuff said again ........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Some of us will make it a two day holiday - November 10 is the recognized birthday of USMC and as you know November 11 is Veterans Day. Semper Fi
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Thank you to all Vets.

Dean
1st Air Cav '68-70
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Seajay and to all the other Vets THANK YOU. As we drive around this great country of ours, we say Thank You each and every day to our Vets.
We have a tire cover that reads
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
US flag
THANK YOU VETS
We have had Vets and their families come up to us, thanking us, for remembering them. The reason we have the tire cover is because to many people in this great Country take for granted what our VETS have done for our Freedom.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
If you happen by the Viet Nam Memorial in Washington, D.C. or are lucky enough to see the "traveling wall" please take note of Panel 18E, Line 119. Name is John V. Chutis (s/sgt, USMC).
John was with Mike Company, 3rd Bn, 3rd Marines, 3rd Marine Div. During the battle of "The Hilltops" surrounding Khe Sanh, Mike Company started the day of the assault with 161 men. At nightfall there were 80.
From what I read at Texas Tech's extensive Viet Nam material, it was a slaughter on both sides.
John and I grew up together from first grade through high school. Occasionally, in my dreams, I see John as we were in our (together) misspent youth.
JOHN V. CHUTIS...2 Oct 41 - 30 Apr 67. Just give John a touch of your hand, he'd like that. You may Google him @ John V. Chutis, Viet Nam Wall.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote