Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Vibration in upper thigh...Cell phone feel.

Does anyone one else experience this? It feels like a cell phone in my left front pocket set on vibrate. I have some C-Spine issues and seeing a new Dr tomorrow.

I can't answer any of the many calls that my thigh receives. No voice mails so far.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2017, 07:31 PM   #2

Same thing happens to me. It's odd when there is no phone in my pocket.

I chalked it up to carrying a cell phone in my left pocket since '93, as I'm always on call for work....
Old 12-06-2017, 05:53 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Back in the pager days, I always kept mine on vibrate.

25 years ago, I was flying into Reno Nevada. The approach was very rough, there were storms in the area, and we were getting beat up and bounced around pretty bad. All my senses were peaked and I was having a lot of difficulty hold the plane on glide-slope.

All the sudden, as we pass the inner marker, I fell this horrendous vibration. In what was probably microseconds, I had a short spasm of "What the hell is that" with thoughts that I just lost an engine, but why wasn't the plane starting to roll?. I then realized it was my pager going off...

After that flight, I always made it a point to turn the pager off before I climbed into the pilots seat...
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:09 AM   #4

It happens to me all the time, sciatica. I have answered my phone sometimes. walking has helped.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Does anyone one else experience this? It feels like a cell phone in my left front pocket set on vibrate. I have some C-Spine issues and seeing a new Dr tomorrow.

I can't answer any of the many calls that my thigh receives. No voice mails so far.

I have it as well. I have hip pain on both sides that requires 4 nerve burns on each side every six months. My doctor told me it was Meralgia Paresthetica. For me it comes and goes. He said it can be something as simple as too tight of a belt to as complex as pinched nerve issues caused by any number of things. Good luck.
Starchief13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #6

I'm glad someone else gets this! I never use the cell phone while driving so my wife holds onto them and does the talking while I and driving. She laughs her head off when I suddenly reach for my pocket thinking the phone is vibrating and there she sits holding my phone!

I think the high flautin technical term for it is "I'm going crazy"!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:06 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have this happen as well, I thought I was going nuts. AS of late I have been wearing suspenders instead of a belt, seems to have subsided.? I also have back issues(big time) and found that a tight belt aggravates my back big time.I lost 20 lbs since my wife passed in sept,got sick of my pants dragging the ground, that made me decide on the suspenders,I don't care much for the look, but they are comfortable,no vibrating in my left thigh is a nice plus.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #8

Take your wallet out of you back pocket any time you are sitting down. I don't even sit on my wallet for even 2 minutes anymore, it really tweaks your back, which of course can lead to all sorts of pains here and there, particularly in your legs. Learned this many years ago; you might be surprised how much better you feel.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Take your wallet out of you back pocket any time you are sitting down. I don't even sit on my wallet for even 2 minutes anymore, it really tweaks your back, which of course can lead to all sorts of pains here and there, particularly in your legs. Learned this many years ago; you might be surprised how much better you feel.
Yes, I've been hearing that for years but feel naked without it even sitting down, maybe it's time.

I've always carried a tri-fold which makes it worse. I just measured it and it's 1-1/4" thick compressed but only has a $5 and a $1 bill in it.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #10

I gave up a wallet years ago. Just a few CCs and a rubber band. Always in my side or front pocket.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Yes, I've been hearing that for years but feel naked without it even sitting down, maybe it's time.

I've always carried a tri-fold which makes it worse. I just measured it and it's 1-1/4" thick compressed but only has a $5 and a $1 bill in it.
Yep, it takes a while to get over that feeling that you've lost your wallet.

Then, you have to figure out what to do with it, if it's not in your back pocket when you are sitting down. Options - wife's purse; jacket pocket, leg pocket on cargo shorts / pants (yes, there are times I choose my shorts / pants based on what I am going to be doing and how I am going to carry my wallet). I'm not a fan of just sitting it on a table, but what I usually do in that case is put my phone on top of it, but of course have to be conscious of not loosing it or getting it swiped.

Other times, I'll just take out my drivers license, a credit card and some cash, and just carry what I know I'll need in my front pocket. I mean, do I really need to have my FMCA card with me all the time?

Then there is the going to the car senario. I'll put it in my back pocket to get to the car, then immediately take it out and put it in the door pocket or console, all of which may be over a period of less than a minute..... Another benefit of not getting in and out of your vehicle without your wallet lump, is that you will not put added wear on the seat bolsters!

Give it a try, it's going to take a while to work it into your routine.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I started carrying 2 wallets so I could sit up straight.
ga80486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:50 AM   #13

I ordered and now use a front pocket wallet (ordered from Thegrommet.com) It helps a lot, although it takes a while to get used to it. I was so accustomed always tapping my back pocket to make sure wallet was there. I felt "naked" and startled when nothing was there. [emoji41]⚓️
Starchief13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:40 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have the same feeling , only when I am driving a car with a clutch. I gave up a wallet on my back pocket 20 years ago, makes my butt look smaller without one.

Tags
vibration