Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
(Snip).. Finally visited the wall in 1989 when my own father passed and was buried at Quantico. I saw Tommy's father's name and cried as hard for him as I had my dad the previous day.

It is amazing to me how powerful the Vietnam Memorial Wall truly is. I visited the wall several years ago and when I saw the names of my friends, I too burst into tears. I couldn't help myself though it had been over 40 years since they were lost.

Thank you for your story.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2019, 05:40 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
I served and lost a couple of buddies and found out later that schoolmates were also gone. The Wall is powerful to visit. I recommend after dark or right at dusk for a real dramatic viewing.

I heard that Rolling Thunder will not take place because arrangements for the parking lots at the Pentagon were too difficult because of security. Now there is a sad state of affairs. It has long been on my bucket list to buy or rent a bike just to ride with that crowd.

Thanks for sharing the link and keeping the heroes of the forgotten war close.

v/r
Carl
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post

I heard that Rolling Thunder will not take place because arrangements for the parking lots at the Pentagon were too difficult because of security. Now there is a sad state of affairs. It has long been on my bucket list to buy or rent a bike just to ride with that crowd.

v/r
Carl
I think this is the last year, so still time to go. I don't ride but was in DC in 2015 during the rally and it was amazing to see that many bikes going down Constitution ave past the Wall. You wouldn't be alone as a spectator there was a lot people watching the procession from the curb.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #18

An absolutely awesome site, and well worth an extended study. But if you really want a POWERFUL EXPERIENCE, go see the wall in person. Something happens to you that you just don't expect.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:01 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Thanks for posting. If you can not make it to D.C. to see the Vietnam Memorial Wall, then go see the traveling version. If I recall, it is set to 3/4 scale of the original. I went at night, and big elephant tears started rolling down my tired old eyes. Just breath taking! It is free to visit, but they do have a place to donate. I reached in my wallet and gave what i had, The best $32.00 I ever donated. I served during Vietnam Era, but did not serve in country. I do have a few friends from high school, that served in country. One is in a battle with agent orange effects, and the other committed suicide many years ago. One thing about combat, even if you survive, you still have to fight for your life long after the war is over. 1971-1995
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
my wife's cousin is one from our town, and there were 3 friends who's names all made the list. I am 100% disabled all service related, and live a piece of that time every day I get up in the morning. Those days are with me just like yesterday.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post

Thank you for this website. i was able to find my Friend and Firstie Dick Deuter.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:39 AM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for sharing!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #23

Here is another perspective. The traveling wall and the Vietnam Wall in our nations capitol are both very emotional things to see and experience . But there are thousands of others who won’t be listed on those walls who are now deceased from many other reasons , from suicide to substance abuse to belated illness . Which happens to be what myself and god knows how many others are dealing with everyday . I have one of the 3 original presumptive Agent Orange illnesses.My war
continues with CLL. But I’d go back and serve again in a heartbeat . Hang in there all my brothers and keeping fighting !!!
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote