Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
If getting vaccinations was against their religion maybe they should have picked a different proffession. I can respect their civil rights until it conflicts with the rights of the people they are caring for. I would be angry to have a 80yr old relative go into the hospital to be treated for a broken foot and die from the flu they contracted.
The nurse did not say getting vaccinations was against her religion, (although that is one of many legal exemptions), she said:

“This is my body. I have a right to refuse the flu vaccine. For 21 years, I have religiously not taken the flu vaccine, and now you’re telling me that I believe in it.”

The meaning of the word in this sense is : "Extremely scrupulous or conscientious" nothing to do with religion.

You would be angry to have an elderly relative die from flu. What if they died from a flu vaccine they did not want, but were forced to take because anyone in the hospital/nursing home was required to take it? Would that make you angry if you found out that the efficacy of that flu vaccine was only 6%?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #128

Tiffin Owners Club
response

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Have you read any information about risks with flu vaccines, or are you just going on your own personal experience to form your HO?

I'm not sure that one can successfully be sued for unknowingly spreading illness, and there must be a reason that vaccine manufacturers are employing lawyers to indemnify them from lawsuits for death or injury from them.
One can be sued for reckless behavior and/or not taking reasonable precautions to prevent harm to others. I sure hope these nurses and hospitals have their malpractice insurance up to date.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
One can be sued for reckless behavior and/or not taking reasonable precautions to prevent harm to others. I sure hope these nurses and hospitals have their malpractice insurance up to date.
Most definitely, one can be sued for almost anything.
Successfully winning that lawsuit is something different than initiating it.
Not to mention that there is no justice without money to fund your solicitor, and most often only the best will win the case, regardless of who is right or wrong.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #130

ok, so not your job, nothing to do with you..so why such a rave over this?

I'm missing something here...

No reply needed..I see no reason to even let this go any further...
Old 02-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post

I'm missing something here
Ditto.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
I'm curious ... Are you objecting to "all" vaccines or just the flu vaccine?

It seems you can find someone...somewhere making an argument against everything. I mean Muslim Clerics in Nigerian argue against the Polio vaccine based on the idea that this vaccine is laced with HIV and infertility drugs. Do you believe this? Do you seriously feel the Polio vaccine is useless and has been ineffective in helping to virtually eradicate a dreadful disease?

Do you travel outside the US? For example, when we volunteered to work in a wild animal sanctuary in Africa, we chose the very expensive Rabies vaccine over the risk of contracting rabies which is virtually fatal in humans......for that matter (for travel purposes) we have also been vaccinated for Cholera, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis and we have been known to take Malaria pills. Do you or would you travel throughout the Third World without travel vaccines & protection?

Do you really feel that taking travel vaccines against known infectious diseases is -an ignorant man follows public opinion?
I think that you must make your own choices, as I must make mine, from whatever viewpoint or whatever information we have to make them with. I think that nurses should not be fired for refusing to take a flu vaccine. I feel that there is good reason most doctors don't take vaccinations, good reason they are not forced to do so, and good reason many of them do not vaccinate their children. I know there are risks to taking vaccines. I know that FDA has made mistakes in the past and I do not trust them 100% with regard to their approvals. I know that profit is often the motive in many things, including medicine. I feel that the personal choices I make with regard to my own health or where I travel is not up for discussion in this forum.
I do not feel that "taking travel vaccines against known infectious disease is - an ignorant man follows public opinion". I hope that those who do vaccinate themselves and their children are making informed choices with all information available to them.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #133

Quote:

1, Rave? The verb? Talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
or the noun: An extremely enthusiastic recommendation or appraisal of someone or something.

2. If you are missing something, you have some catching up to do

3. You are excused, but hopefully you will let us continue as much further as we wish to continue.

Safe travels
Old 02-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaDave View Post
Ditto.
See 1 and 2 above
Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #135
laj

Quote:

Perhaps not today, but what about tomorrow, or another day when ones rights are encroached upon on another issue. If you find this thread uninteresting or worthless don't follow it. That's easy enough. I find it interesting what others opinions are on the bigger picture, not just the vaccine issue.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 AM   #136

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
Folks, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Just curiuos.... What does that mean ?
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #137

The nurses rights were not violated. They had a choice to either to get the shot or not. They decided not to get the shot. The hospital, in the interest of patient safety, fired the nurses. The nurses knew that they would be fired if they did not get the shot. Sounds like the nurses made there own bed.

The hospital has a duty to protect it's patients.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #138

National RV Owners Club
Yesterdays paper said the flu shots were not working.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #139

Force everybody to take the flueshot. How easy to control the population. Flueshot????? Cheers Gerald
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #140
laj

My sediments exactly. Unless you know how, and have the the right equipment you have no idea what your shooting into your veins. Even then hard to tell how much of which chemical. Skeptical, damn straight. Trust, absolutely none. And no, I'm not paranoid they haven't told the complete truth on much, if anything.