Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #155

So if you've had every shot for flu etc - shouldn't that mean that you won't catch anything from others? Isn't that what the shots are supposed to protect you from?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #156

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Duerr View Post
So if you've had every shot for flu etc - shouldn't that mean that you won't catch anything from others? Isn't that what the shots are supposed to protect you from?

If that were the truth... then my daughter would not be deathly ill in Oregon right now. Her doctor told her she MUST have the flu shot last fall so she does not get the flu...

She went to the ER last night spent the whole darn night there... she called me today and I told her to go back to her doctor and ask for refund and she told me... NEVER AGAIN will she take a flu shot.

First time in her life she took a flu shot, and it is the first time in her life she has had the flu... Hummm...

Unless a health care worker can provide me with a list and amount of all ingredients in ANY injection... I refuse it. I have the right to protect my body and when I worked at the hospital in the lab... I refused flu shots too and was never sick.

By the way, daughter is a 24/7 stay at home mom with baby her husband works and he did not have the flu shot, but was sick with it last week. So, really does it matter if you get the shot or not? In my opinion it does not. What does matter to me is what the hell they have in the syringe they are pushing into my arm...

Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Kay View Post
If that were the truth... then my daughter would not be deathly ill in Oregon right now. Her doctor told her she MUST have the flu shot last fall so she does not get the flu...

She went to the ER last night spent the whole darn night there... she called me today and I told her to go back to her doctor and ask for refund and she told me... NEVER AGAIN will she take a flu shot.

First time in her life she took a flu shot, and it is the first time in her life she has had the flu... Hummm...

Unless a health care worker can provide me with a list and amount of all ingredients in ANY injection... I refuse it. I have the right to protect my body and when I worked at the hospital in the lab... I refused flu shots too and was never sick.

By the way, daughter is a 24/7 stay at home mom with baby her husband works and he did not have the flu shot, but was sick with it last week. So, really does it matter if you get the shot or not? In my opinion it does not. What does matter to me is what the hell they have in the syringe they are pushing into my arm...
Makes perfect sense, since that is what they injected her with. Interesting how some folks think they are immune after flu vaccination, just because their bodies were able to fight off the vaccine. Interesting too, how many still think that all nurses should be mandatorily and unconditionally given the flu shot if they are working around sick people, but the doctors, not so much. I still don't get that, unless they truly think that no one should enter the hospital without proof that they have had the vaccination.
So sorry to hear your DD is so ill.
Thanks for sharing your personal story with us.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #158

Natural Cures Not Medicine: The Truth About What's Really In Flu Shots

So... You want to know what Flu shots are made of ? Besides the 7.2 billion in funding from the government - Flu shots are made in eggs - they used to inject the virus's in the egg and grow the anti bodies for about 11 days - but now they are using a new "cell-line" technology that can be harvesting every 6 to 8 weeks - But this technique sometimes uses Dog DNA - insect cells - and all sorts of other new untested chemicals for long term health effects.

Feel free to look at this list of chemicals found in Flu shots:
Flu Vaccine Ingredients

For example: Here is a list of ingredients to a common GlaxoSmithKline flu-shot:
Formaldehyde, Gentamicin Sulfate, Latex, Polysorbate 80, Thimerosal, Ovalbumin (egg), Egg protein, Influenza A virus hemagglutinin, Influenza B virus hemagglutinin, Octoxynol-10, alpha-tocopheryl, Hydrogen succinate, Hydrocortisone, Sodium deoxycholate.

FEEL FREE TO LOOK UP THOSE CHEMICALS -
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #159

Sometimes our gut instinct serves us well. Sometimes more information confirms that our gut instinct was right. Stay well everyone!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Sometimes our gut instinct serves us well. Sometimes more information confirms that our gut instinct was right. Stay well everyone!
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. It might get settled out of court but either way hopefully a follow up story is made public.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #161

It will indeed.
There is a precedent posted earlier in the thread.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

It's a conspiracy...
Conspiracy Theorist:
Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #163

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Conspiracy Theorist:
Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker.
X 2!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #164

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For very study you can find against flu shots you can find the opposite. If you don't want a flu shot don't get one, but everyone should make up their own mind and do their own research.

Myth 1: The flu shot causes the flu
Flu shots tend to be given at the time of year when respiratory viruses run rampant anyway, so it shouldn't come as surprise that some people catch a respiratory bug right around the same time they receive the vaccine. Also, because it takes about two weeks to build up immunity to the virus after receiving a shot, some people may get sick with the flu within that timeframe.
The viruses contained in the flu shot are dead and can't give people the flu, according to experts at the CDC. The most common side effect from a shot is arm soreness, they tweeted. For children given the nasal spray form of flu immunization, the most common reactions are a runny nose, wheezing and headache.

Myth 4: People who are allergic to eggs can't get a flu shot
This is a common myth since current flu shots contain strains of the influenza virus grown in eggs.
The experts on the chat noted that a reaction to the shot by someone with egg allergies is rare.
"You should only avoid getting a flu shot if you have a severe allergy to eggs," tweeted Dr. Thomas Sandora, an infection control expert and epidemiologist at Boston Children's Hospital.
A recent Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology study backs up this thinking. In the report, Canadian researchers followed 367 people with egg allergies who received a flu shot. None had a serious reaction to the shot, not even subjects with a history of developing anaphylaxis after eating eggs, and only 13 reported mild symptoms after the shot, such as hives or itchy skin.
However, that's not to say it never happens, so if you are allergic to eggs, check in with your doctor before taking a seasonal flu shot.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #165

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Myth: Flu shots cause autism

Some flu vaccines contain thimerosal, a mercury-containing preservative that has been blamed for health problems, including autism. But studies have shown that the low doses of thimerosal are harmless, causing nothing more than redness and swelling at the injection site. Numerous studies have shown no link between thimerosal exposure and autism.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
For very study you can find against flu shots you can find the opposite. If you don't want a flu shot don't get one, but everyone should make up their own mind and do their own research.

Myth 1: The flu shot causes the flu
Flu shots tend to be given at the time of year when respiratory viruses run rampant anyway, so it shouldn't come as surprise that some people catch a respiratory bug right around the same time they receive the vaccine. Also, because it takes about two weeks to build up immunity to the virus after receiving a shot, some people may get sick with the flu within that timeframe.
The viruses contained in the flu shot are dead and can't give people the flu, according to experts at the CDC. The most common side effect from a shot is arm soreness, they tweeted. For children given the nasal spray form of flu immunization, the most common reactions are a runny nose, wheezing and headache.

Myth 4: People who are allergic to eggs can't get a flu shot
This is a common myth since current flu shots contain strains of the influenza virus grown in eggs.
The experts on the chat noted that a reaction to the shot by someone with egg allergies is rare.
"You should only avoid getting a flu shot if you have a severe allergy to eggs," tweeted Dr. Thomas Sandora, an infection control expert and epidemiologist at Boston Children's Hospital.
A recent Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology study backs up this thinking. In the report, Canadian researchers followed 367 people with egg allergies who received a flu shot. None had a serious reaction to the shot, not even subjects with a history of developing anaphylaxis after eating eggs, and only 13 reported mild symptoms after the shot, such as hives or itchy skin.
However, that's not to say it never happens, so if you are allergic to eggs, check in with your doctor before taking a seasonal flu shot.
What source is this from? That has to be considered. CDC is sponsored by government. So is FDA. Again, the idea of 'profit' rears it's head...
Who are the 'experts' on the 'chat'?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #167

Quote:

Some flu vaccines contain thimerosal, a mercury-containing preservative that has been blamed for health problems, including autism. But studies have shown that the low doses of thimerosal are harmless, causing nothing more than redness and swelling at the injection site. Numerous studies have shown no link between thimerosal exposure and autism.
I don't think the nurses are concerned with 'catching Autism' from the flu shots.
And yes, so far that 'myth' has been debunked, but it is certainly not the only concern.

Again though, you have provided no source from where this information came. That's what we 'critical thinkers' (Conspiracy Theorists) need in order to consider information provided on the internet.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #168

Quote:

Not dismissing your post as I agree with most of it. Especially not being able to get the flu from the shot. Many strands and such which make people believe they received it from the immunization.
But I also remember when the huge debate whether cigarettes could cause cancer and for a while there was as many studies showing no link as there was showing a link.
The other problem is with the fact that people do react differently to medications. Some people need higher doses for the same results. the effects vary. So to conduct a study on a small sample size and assume you have captured all cases is a estimated proclamation. Based on percentages and statistics. If they handed out the pink coolaid and said it would only kill 1 in 100k but protects you from the flu is it worth the risk?
So whenever lots of money is involved and people have a reason to get results they want they will conduct studies until they get the answers they want. Same goes for both sides of this debate.
Regardless of peoples opinion on immunization the fact remains do we want to give our employers the right to force you to take it? The OP question.