Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #197

Vintage RV Owners Club

You chided us for straying from the "Human Rights Issue" only three days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Just a reminder this thread is about flu vaccines, (although we are all expanding the topic) and the idea that they may be forced upon individuals who have decided they do not want them; and the idea they can be fired from their job if they refuse them. That is a human rights issue of freedom to decide if you want to be vaccinated, or not.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #198

Thanks. But I didn't scold anyone, I used the word 'reminder'. (Chiding is for the moderators) Oh, the words we choose.
This information is about vaccinations, and there is good discussion on that site on both sides, and from the middle ground But thanks for the reminder Francesca!

'Yikes! More truth about vaccines...and good conversations within from believers on both sides. We really should ensure that we have the choice.'

Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr
Yikes! More truth about vaccines...and good conversations within from believers on both sides. We really should ensure that we have the choice.
Collective-Evolution – The Shocking Truth About What’s Really In Vaccines

OK....so I read your links. All three articles appeared to be consistent in their condemnation of vaccines & a belief that epidemiological science, health research, the CDC and the government are involved in some sinister scheme to harm us.....well the following quote from Joe Martino pretty much sums things up!

"........This example shows us once again that vaccines simply don’t work in the way they are publicly stated to. Do they work? Yes. They work for how they are designed. Which is to help increase the spreading of disease, weaken the immune system and create a a physical reliance on the medical system. ....Joe Martino"

Pretty strong stuff from Joe. As a result, I thought it might be an idea to find out a little bit more about Joe's qualifications as a medical researcher.....where did he get his PHD in infectious viral disease or epidemiology ....what research has he published in peer reviewed journals...anything that might lend just a little credibility to such a strong opinion. To be fair, I didn't do an exhaustive investigation into Joe, but it is interesting to note that he has absolutely no professional qualification in the field of epidemiology or medical science. Joe is, however, a PHD student ....a counsellor.....and a science fiction writer! Hey.....Joe is more than welcome to his opinions and has every right to an Internet Blog....just a bit to far out in the solar system for my liking.

For the record....I personally do not take the flu vaccine. I think there are enough articles by respected medical scientists (including studies from the CDC & the government) that indicate these vaccines are unproven and only marginally effective. Therefore, as a healthy adult the flu does not represent enough of a danger (to me) to justify the possible risks associated with the vaccine. (who knows maybe Joe is onto something?). On the other hand, I am thankful to have been vaccinated against polio, cholera, hepatitis, typhoid, yellow fever, tetanus, rabies...where the risk & stakes are much higher to me personally. Considering the number of "at risk" people who do die every year from the Flu.....I hope medical science does not give-up on trying to find a suitable vaccine....in spite of Joe's belief that they are all designed " to increase the spreading of disease".

As for the health workers right to refuse the flu vaccine.....absolutely they have this right. However, until the Courts rule otherwise, it would appear that the Employer also has the right to terminate those who refuse to comply with the terms of employment.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #200

Good post, thanks a lot!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Yikes! More truth about vaccines...and good conversations within from believers on both sides. We really should ensure that we have the choice.
Collective-Evolution – The Shocking Truth About What’s Really In Vaccines
Junk science.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #202
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
One can find a bazillion "hits" on the internet to support any point of view, so I don't put much stock in most of these web sites as most are just unsupported opinions.

As adults, we can chose to follow or disregard sound medical advice.

Those that refuse vaccines would have no choice in the military. We were vaccinated for just about everything there was a vaccine for.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #203
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
One can find a bazillion "hits" on the internet to support any point of view, so I don't put much stock in most of these web sites as most are just unsupported opinions.

As adults, we can chose to follow or disregard sound medical advice.

Those that refuse vaccines would have no choice in the military. We were vaccinated for just about everything there was a vaccine for.
Now if one is educated enough to know what's sound you can make a informed decision. But they are trying to change it to where no one has a personal choice. As you said just like the military. Sad
Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #204

Good point Laj ^^^^^ and Bang On! Who are we to believe? Critical thinkers can work that out for themselves, but they need ALL the information in order to do so. And, the right to make their own choice.