Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
and more we should know:
What can you do?
These are just a few suggestions; please come up with more of your own! Add to this list and spread the word.

Give this information to everyone you know and love.
Contact local first responders (EMTs, Paramedics, Fireman, etc). Tell them what is will be in the flu shots and that *they* will be the first ones to get it.
Contact local police and discuss concerns about mandatory vaccination. You go to church and to the grocery store with these folks and their kids play with your kids. They are not “scary” people. Take them coffee and a treat to get in the door.
Contact local city council members about your liberties. You need their support to maintain your right to refuse.
Write a small article for LOCAL, community newspapers. Watch for samples on Dr. Tenpenny | Vaccine Articles | Dr. Tenpenny
Have at least 3 weeks of food and water at your house and be prepared to voluntarily self-quarantine of given no other options.
Stock up on Vitamin D3 (3000 IU per person), Vitamin A, Vitamin C, etc and homeopathics for the flu
Check out Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic and Oath Keepers. A pdf of their oath for easy printing is on Dr. Tenpenny | Vaccine Articles | Dr. Tenpenny I am sharing this with local military recruitment office, reservists and retired military people we know.
Connect with other activist organizations –those who support 2nd amendment issues, the environmental and animal rights. Help spread the word about their passion and get them involved with yours.You can’t do it all, but you can do something!

* As stated years ago by Margaret Mead, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has.”

In reading the bold, I should recognize that perhaps I do have an agenda here. Originally I was concerned about what I considered a human rights issue. Now, I feel compelled to share what I know with those I care about - my fellow human beings.

In the words of Helen Keller: "I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do".
__________________

__________________
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
greatlakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 554
CCRVr you must have a whole folder full of information on this subject or your a quick goggle'r. Lol
In reference to the articles about young children and the effectiveness. The best line of defense is for mothers to breast feed because they pass on their immunities through the breast milk. However people don't make the time for that. People are too impatient anymore and will risk a shot over taking a few days off to just deal with being sick. But that's another topic.
__________________

__________________
Rob
2000 Monaco Windsor Cummins 330
greatlakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
Francesca's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hadlock, Washington
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
In reading the bold, I should recognize that perhaps I do have an agenda here. Originally I was concerned about what I considered a human rights issue. Now, I feel compelled to share what I know with those I care about - my fellow human beings.

As stated years ago by Margaret Mead, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has.”

In the words of Helen Keller: "I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do".


What, no Mother Theresa?

So...what, exactly, are you actually doing, other than most of the posting in this threadtopic, the subject of which has evidently changed to a "juicier" one??
__________________
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
1ciderdog's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,325
[QUOTE=HappyCCRVr;1471987]On the contrary, a child cannot be excluded from public or private education on the grounds that they have not been vaccinated.
Parents can opt out of vaccinations for their children.

Note: "Exemptions allowed" (even for philosophical reasons) Vaccines ProCon.org
Here's why those numbers are growing:

All that may be true but his morning ABC news in Medford Oregon says 272 child were not allowed in school in Jackson County Schools because they had not received vaccinations. http://www.kdrv.com/272-children-exc...-immunization/
__________________
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #89
Registered User
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,857
Food Allergies Etc

The information I've read seems to indicate that the rise in allergies might be more environmental and specifically related to the amount of PM-10 in the immediate area. Diesel exhaust is the #1 source of PM-10. All of us with diesels are in the crosshairs!

Other studies coorelate it to the use of hand sanitizers and the amount of time children spend indoors. (Want healthy children? Let them get dirty OUTDOORS).

Interesting point though, do kids still play outdoors or do they sit in front of the TV, computer, and game consol all day? The rise in juvenile obesity and it's related problems says something. it used to be unheard of for a young person the become insulin resistant and type-2 diabetic but now it's common.

Nobody has been able to positivly tie the rise in autism to any specific cause but theories abound with lots of angry rhetoric on both sides. That autism is first diagnosed at about the age children start getting innoculations may be just a coincidence. As with all things on the internet you can find 'expert' opinions of both sides. (You going to believe? The doctors or a hollywood star with big boobs & famous legs?)

My choice has been to get them. Never had a problem and haven't had any flu for as long as I can remember. I wish I had known how painful shingles are, I would have gotten that one too!

Interestingly enough there is an ongoing clinical trial of a vaccine that 'may' prevent/cure peanut allergy. If you had a serious peanut allergy and could die in the space of a few minutes if a cook so much as used poor quality peanut oil would it be worth the risk to you?

I have a friend with a severe peanut allergy. His wife kissed him several hours after eating a peanut bar and he ended up in the ER. He's been in the ER many times that I know of. You can bet he'll get it.
__________________
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
UFO Pilot's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 4,610
A few years back I would get the flu every year and it would usually turn into pneumonia. About 15 years ago I started getting a flu shot and haven’t had the flu since. My Father-in-Law lives in a nursing home and everyone receives the flu shot. No flu and no deaths from the flu.

We have a quirky little town nearby that has declared itself nuclear free, GMO free, ozone free, etc. No drive thru’s allowed either. They have banned smart meters, cell phone towers, wifi and anything they believe transmits radio frequencies. They pride themselves on being “smarter” than everyone else. The Mayor owns the "medical marijuana" business in town


Approximately 85% of the school children there have received no vaccinations of any kind. Whooping cough is becoming epidemic and other diseases are making a comeback. Guess what else is epidemic, teen age drug use.

I will continue to take the flu shot.
__________________
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
CCRVr you must have a whole folder full of information on this subject or your a quick goggle'r. Lol
In reference to the articles about young children and the effectiveness. The best line of defense is for mothers to breast feed because they pass on their immunities through the breast milk. However people don't make the time for that. People are too impatient anymore and will risk a shot over taking a few days off to just deal with being sick. But that's another topic.
Our eldest son and his wife arei trying to conceive. He has his pre-med majored in biology. He is now in a two year nutrition college. They are dead fast against vaccinating their children. (they saved me from blood pressure meds by treating me with organic food, pure water, exercise, yoga and meditation in order to receive a clear bill of health from my GP) I learned a little about the flu vaccine after my mother became ill every time her doctor injected her. She would not go against what her doctor said, believed him with all her being, as he is the professional. Every time we came south, our friend would take his whole family to the corner drugstore to receive their flu shots, and would vehemently try to convince us to get them too. He and his kids are always sick with colds and flu regardless of the vaccine, but he still believes it works. It was then I began to research the vaccine and learn a little. Since I started this thread, I have done more research (so your second guess is more correct LOL.
I breastfed my kids until they were a year old. The second born had asthma, and was overdosed on antibiotics for it. He landed in hospital a few times to be put on a nebulizer. It was then I began to learn about the harm that antibiotics can cause.

Taking time off work when you are ill most definitely fits in with this conversation about workers denied their personal rights against flu injections, prevention of flu, and information about it IMO
__________________
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post


What, no Mother Theresa?

So...what, exactly, are you actually doing, other than most of the posting in this threadtopic, the subject of which has evidently changed to a "juicier" one??
Francesca, perhaps if you rephrase your question, I could properly answer it. Or, just go back and read the bold parts of the post above?
__________________
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
[QUOTE=1ciderdog;1472638]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
On the contrary, a child cannot be excluded from public or private education on the grounds that they have not been vaccinated.
Parents can opt out of vaccinations for their children.

Note: "Exemptions allowed" (even for philosophical reasons) Vaccines ProCon.org
Here's why those numbers are growing:

All that may be true but his morning ABC news in Medford Oregon says 272 child were not allowed in school in Jackson County Schools because they had not received vaccinations. 272 Children Excluded For Immunization | KDRV
And here we go again.....thanks for posting that.
__________________
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
The information I've read seems to indicate that the rise in allergies might be more environmental and specifically related to the amount of PM-10 in the immediate area. Diesel exhaust is the #1 source of PM-10. All of us with diesels are in the crosshairs!

The source of information is always to be considered.

Other studies coorelate it to the use of hand sanitizers and the amount of time children spend indoors. (Want healthy children? Let them get dirty OUTDOORS).
Children should only use non-alcohol hand sani's, and only when handwashing is not available. Not many people wash their hands properly (long enough) making it less effective.

Interesting point though, do kids still play outdoors or do they sit in front of the TV, computer, and game consol all day? The rise in juvenile obesity and it's related problems says something. it used to be unheard of for a young person the become insulin resistant and type-2 diabetic but now it's common.

My friends kids who get ill a lot in spite of their vaccines do not play outdoors much at all. I completely agree with you there on all points.

Nobody has been able to positivly tie the rise in autism to any specific cause but theories abound with lots of angry rhetoric on both sides. That autism is first diagnosed at about the age children start getting innoculations may be just a coincidence. As with all things on the internet you can find 'expert' opinions of both sides. (You going to believe? The doctors or a hollywood star with big boobs & famous legs?)

Absolutely correct with regard to vaccinations and autism. Just a coincidence there? Who do I believe? I consider all points on both sides and conclude my own opinion through critical thinking.

My choice has been to get them. Never had a problem and haven't had any flu for as long as I can remember. I wish I had known how painful shingles are, I would have gotten that one too!

And this is the beauty of a democratic society. The trouble is when you are forced to get them when it is against your own conclusion in order to keep your job IMO

Interestingly enough there is an ongoing clinical trial of a vaccine that 'may' prevent/cure peanut allergy. If you had a serious peanut allergy and could die in the space of a few minutes if a cook so much as used poor quality peanut oil would it be worth the risk to you?

Fortunately I have no allergy to peanuts, but that doesn't stop me from not eating in restaurants...I make that choice for multiple reasons. Incidentally, they are also trying to treat peanut allergies by administering small doses of peanuts.

I have a friend with a severe peanut allergy. His wife kissed him several hours after eating a peanut bar and he ended up in the ER. He's been in the ER many times that I know of. You can bet he'll get it.
How unfortunate! Again, thank goodness for democracy!
Now, what if someone told him if he gets this vaccine he can no longer keep his job?
Peanut allergies are not dealt with very well in public schools either, although they like us to think it is.

interfaced reply above in red
__________________
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
greatlakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 554
I guess I would have to say I was one of the sheep for many years as I had my children vaccinated because I figured the health professionals know more than I do. I'm just an engineer and know mechanical things. But years go by and my wife now is an RN working in a ICU unit and just finished her masters in nursing education. She wants to be a mid wife. I've learned a lit from her. But the biggest thing which I kinda already knew was all medicines are derived from natural ingredients. God has given us the tools to prevent most ailments. We have created problems for ourselves via the hormones and chemicals we ingest for the sake of preservatives, color or producing meat faster and cheaper. All sounds somewhat hippy like but I believe there is certainly some truth to it. I don't take aspirin hardly ever and when sick (cold) just typically just deal with it. I will use a Neddy pot for congestion but other than that i'm uncomfortable filling my body full of drugs for the sake of convince. Maybe i'm wrong but seems we have a lot more health issues than years ago.
__________________
Rob
2000 Monaco Windsor Cummins 330
greatlakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
A few years back I would get the flu every year and it would usually turn into pneumonia. About 15 years ago I started getting a flu shot and haven’t had the flu since. My Father-in-Law lives in a nursing home and everyone receives the flu shot. No flu and no deaths from the flu.

We have a quirky little town nearby that has declared itself nuclear free, GMO free, ozone free, etc. No drive thru’s allowed either. They have banned smart meters, cell phone towers, wifi and anything they believe transmits radio frequencies. They pride themselves on being “smarter” than everyone else. The Mayor owns the "medical marijuana" business in town


Approximately 85% of the school children there have received no vaccinations of any kind. Whooping cough is becoming epidemic and other diseases are making a comeback. Guess what else is epidemic, teen age drug use.

I will continue to take the flu shot.
You have the right to continue the flu shots, and it is good that you and your FIL have access to it, and that it works for you! Imagine if someone told you you could not have it because of concerns that it didn't work for others?
I would like if you could provide any links to information about this town you speak of, or at least the name of the town. Thank you.
__________________
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
I guess I would have to say I was one of the sheep for many years as I had my children vaccinated because I figured the health professionals know more than I do. I'm just an engineer and know mechanical things. But years go by and my wife now is an RN working in a ICU unit and just finished her masters in nursing education. She wants to be a mid wife. I've learned a lit from her. But the biggest thing which I kinda already knew was all medicines are derived from natural ingredients. God has given us the tools to prevent most ailments. We have created problems for ourselves via the hormones and chemicals we ingest for the sake of preservatives, color or producing meat faster and cheaper. All sounds somewhat hippy like but I believe there is certainly some truth to it. I don't take aspirin hardly ever and when sick (cold) just typically just deal with it. I will use a Neddy pot for congestion but other than that i'm uncomfortable filling my body full of drugs for the sake of convince. Maybe i'm wrong but seems we have a lot more health issues than years ago.
Amen to that! Thanks for your contribution to the discussion, it is always good to hear from those who are involved or close to someone involved in the profession of alopathic medicine.
__________________
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Gadget63's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fair Play, SC
Posts: 986
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
If getting vaccinations was against their religion maybe they should have picked a different proffession. I can respect their civil rights until it conflicts with the rights of the people they are caring for. I would be angry to have a 80yr old relative go into the hospital to be treated for a broken foot and die from the flu they contracted.
Just my two sense, but if your 80 year old relative had taken a flu shot, there would be no issue. Now if that same relative was against getting a shot, then why should the nurses not have the same right?
__________________

__________________
Richie, Rose and our Australian Terrier Harley
2004 Bounder 35R, 2012 ACME EZtow,2012 Kia Rio Hatchback
Gadget63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.