Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget63 View Post

Just my two sense, but if your 80 year old relative had taken a flu shot, there would be no issue. Now if that same relative was against getting a shot, then why should the nurses not have the same right?
Yes they should. If you read this whole thread I already stated a retraction to this post. It was my first reaction and after thinking about being in their shoes I would not want to be forced to receive an immunization. Being employed by a company that doesn't hire smokers or with an expectation to dress a certain way is different than the evasiveness of an injection.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #100

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
Yes they should. If you read this whole thread I already stated a retraction to this post. It was my first reaction and after thinking about being in their shoes I would not want to be forced to receive an immunization. Being employed by a company that doesn't hire smokers or with an expectation to dress a certain way is different than the evasiveness of an injection.
My apology for not reading the entire thread. I commented on the very first posting.... my bad.... hehehe
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget63 View Post

My apology for not reading the entire thread. I commented on the very first posting.... my bad.... hehehe
No problem its alot to sift through
Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #102

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
I would like to know what your wife thinks about firing nurses who have refused to be vaccinated. Thanks for your contribution!
If you get sick --stay home. Her hospital mandates that they not come to work if they are sick..doctors are the worst for coming in sick (the ones in private practice don't get paid if they don't deliver the baby..the ones in a group practice get their other team mates to cover for them) . My wife has written them up if they do. She is required to wear mask during flu out breaks in area. She did say that in states where they continue to vote away workers rights..you get what you vote for.

Vaccinations of children my wife is 100% behind compliance...totally different issue. And the medical/public health facts are solidly behind compliance.

Flu Shots are other issue and the facts are mixed. I get them and if they guess the correct strain to put in it, I don't get the flu. But that makes me in 60 percentile not sure that is high enough benefit for general public but perhaps for high risk demographic it makes more sense (young/old/impaired).
A lot of doctors are questioning the data on benefits vs risks analysis so it may come to some more scientific-based discussion and new policies soon. But it should be based on the data and not "Chariot of the Gods" idiots and non-facts. Not easy today to tell BS from Truth. Every wack job and their coo-coo ideas gets a forum on cable news and the internet now a days...sad.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #103

I would say that's the meat of this thread. At what point does public well being override your civil rights if ever? Not trying to change the subject but this mentality of knee jerk reactions for the sake of safety is when we give up our rights. Same could be said for gun control. People die and everyone jumps on the bandwagon to prevent it. Make everyone get vaccinated or take away all the guns. So much for our freedoms because of the actions of a select few.
So I guess that's the extremes but just to make a point not to discuss guns. The debate starts with where do you draw the line on what's evasive? Where personal choice and public safety collide who wins? How evasive is too evasive?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #104

Vintage RV Owners Club
When did this become about anything but an employer's right to set workplace requirements?

No one has a "civil right" to a particular job.

I do want to thank y'all for bringing it up, though...I got right on the phone to the nursing home my Mother is in and confirmed that flu shots are "terms of employment" across the board there.

Whew!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
When did this become about anything but an employer's right to set workplace requirements?

No one has a "civil right" to a particular job.

I do want to thank y'all for bringing it up, though...I got right on the phone to the nursing home my Mother is in and confirmed that flu shots are "terms of employment" across the board there.

Whew!
So your saying the employer has the right to set forth any requirement them seem fit? They can then require participation in prayer before work. Or descriminate saying an entire white workforce is terms of employment? Hummm
Old 02-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #106

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
So your saying the employer has the right to set forth any requirement them seem fit? They can then require participation in prayer before work. Or descriminate saying an entire white workforce is terms of employment? Hummm
...Yeah, that's what I'm sayin', all right................
Plus they can shoot you up with a microchip and track your movements, and demand a blood sacrifice involving your firstborn child, and monitor your nights out, and tell you what football team to root for, and which God to worship, and oh, just a whole bunch of other things, depending on what the Huge Conspiracy Websites y'all get your facts from comes up with.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

...Yeah, that's what I'm sayin', all right................
Plus they can shoot you up with a microchip and track your movements, and demand a blood sacrifice involving your firstborn child, and monitor your nights out, and tell you what football team to root for, and which God to worship, and oh, just a whole bunch of other things, depending on what the Huge Conspiracy Websites y'all get your facts from comes up with.
Its not a conspiracy but I want to continue to live in a free country. Don't need the gov to tell me to wear my seat belt or be vaccinated. Id like to retain some level of personal choice
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
The best evidence I've found that is pro- vaccine is that the Taliban are killing health care workers trying to administer the same. Wait, could be a new game show? Are you smarter than the Taliban? Has a nice ring to it. Large smirk.
so47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #109
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The only control needed is people control.

Those that are sick should not be out in public.

If it is a hospital workplace requirement that the employees be inoculated against an influenza virus, then all those being treated there should have an inoculation before being admitted, and all those visiting should have an inoculation. As stated before, don't forget the delivery people.

Besides having those antibacterial gels by the door of the hospital rooms, there should be a new set of sterilized clothing for each one that visits, especially hospital staff, and the clothing they are wearing when entering should be thrown away.

Why not? How far does it go?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #110

Vintage RV Owners Club
How do y'all feel about "FORCED" TB testing of food service workers?

Can't get a restaurant job in Arkansas without the Invasive Needle Test!

Used to be nationwide...now not so much...
Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #111

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Its not a conspiracy but I want to continue to live in a free country. Don't need the gov to tell me to wear my seat belt or be vaccinated. Id like to retain some level of personal choice
As long as others don't get impacted by another's personal choice, I totally agree. But if ya don' wear a seatbelt you should not be covered by insurance since your oh so much greater injuries would Tread On Me as a fellow policy holder. You should be on your own, outa pocket, etc. Why should your idea of freedom be paid for by the rest of us? Is that Big G? Good, that's what it should be doing. Protecting the prudent from the not so much. But seatbelt usage has been pushed hard by ins. Co 'cause it impacts their bottom line. Jussayin.
so47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #112

Quote:
I would say that's the meat of this thread. At what point does public well being override your civil rights if ever? Not trying to change the subject but this mentality of knee jerk reactions for the sake of safety is when we give up our rights. Same could be said for gun control. People die and everyone jumps on the bandwagon to prevent it. Make everyone get vaccinated or take away all the guns. So much for our freedoms because of the actions of a select few.
So I guess that's the extremes but just to make a point not to discuss guns. The debate starts with where do you draw the line on what's evasive? Where personal choice and public safety collide who wins? How evasive is too evasive?
I would say that is for individuals to choose for themselves, with regard to vaccinations. That is invasive, especially with what we now know about them, and the FDA.

A wise man makes his own decisions - an ignorant man follows public opinion.
Chinese proverb
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote