Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Waking up the English Mastif

This was featured on the "Today" show this morning;

Waking up

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
Good one. I'd love to see Ceasar Milan handle that situation.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #4

It's a bulldog thing, you have to own one to understand
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #5

That's worse that most kids. And I thought our dogs were bed hogs!
free2rv4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #6

Good one Wayne ! Good thing for us ours have their own furniture, a hobby of mine to build pet furniture. (large size in our case)
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #7

I once owned a Doberman named Duchess. She never, ever got on the furniture. One day I went to visit a couple who also had a Doberman. Their living room had 3 chairs and one of those chairs belonged to their Doberman. When you walked into the living room the first thing their Dobie would do is jump up into her chair so no one else could take it. When that happened Duchess gave the strangest, most penetrating look ever.

The next afternoon I came home from work. Duchess was asleep on the sofa. I yelled at her, waved my arms, scolded her etc. The next afternoon she greeted me at the door however there was a very suspicious, warm, hair covered depression in the sofa. I had never owned a house dog before so I went to the library and found a book with the perfect solution.

Buy several mouse traps, set the traps, place them on the furniture then lay newspapers over them. The newspapers are to make sure the dog doesn't get a trap snapped onto a paw. It worked like magic. She never even tried to climb onto the newspaper. After a week or so I left the newspapers off and she apparently forgot all about getting on the sofa.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson View Post
It's a bulldog thing, you have to own one to understand

its all in her tone of voice, she is not the dominate critter
he has a funny bark moan, he thinks she is playing a game.

reminds me of our two rotties, hard headed as a fence post at first
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

That's EXACTLY what it's like when I try to get DW out of bed to get on the road early!

When I had my Dane he had his own twin bed turned sideways at the foot of my king. Could barely walk around it but it kept the peace.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafxman View Post
I once owned a Doberman named Duchess. She never, ever got on the furniture. One day I went to visit a couple who also had a Doberman. Their living room had 3 chairs and one of those chairs belonged to their Doberman. When you walked into the living room the first thing their Dobie would do is jump up into her chair so no one else could take it. When that happened Duchess gave the strangest, most penetrating look ever.

The next afternoon I came home from work. Duchess was asleep on the sofa. I yelled at her, waved my arms, scolded her etc. The next afternoon she greeted me at the door however there was a very suspicious, warm, hair covered depression in the sofa. I had never owned a house dog before so I went to the library and found a book with the perfect solution.

Buy several mouse traps, set the traps, place them on the furniture then lay newspapers over them. The newspapers are to make sure the dog doesn't get a trap snapped onto a paw. It worked like magic. She never even tried to climb onto the newspaper. After a week or so I left the newspapers off and she apparently forgot all about getting on the sofa.
We too have a No Dogs on The Furniture Rule - from visiting our friends and family, it seems like we are certainly in the minority on this. We've always had this rule and now 5 Labradors later, our 4-legged kids are still not allowed on the couch, chairs or beds. They have mostly full run of the house and RV and have their own comfy beds to sleep on.

When our kids were younger we even had a - no dogs in the bedroom rule - which we've eased up a bit on recently, although not completely. We feel that if they are not taught that they can be on the furniture, then they will not miss it.

We have one family friend(s) - that shall remain nameless - and they let their past and present dogs sleep in their king size bed. Their former dog got so dominant about it being her place, that she peed on their pillows one day to mark her territory - yeah that would have been it for me.

I see how dirty our carpets get from the dog paws and fur, why would I want that directly on my couch, chairs and bed? I don't go any lay in their beds, why should they lay in mine?

And then there are cats ... don't even get me started there. Yes they tend to be clean animals, but they use (or should) a litterbox and then walk all over the counters, furniture, bed, pillows and more ... and yes, we used to have cats plural - but no more.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
its all in her tone of voice, she is not the dominate critter
he has a funny bark moan, he thinks she is playing a game.

reminds me of our two rotties, hard headed as a fence post at first
Absolutely correct ... to him its a game, with her tone, the play biting and her petting him while he is up there.

2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote