Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #71
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
Walmart bashers are amusing. I'll bet they are at the front of the line when the doors open.
Have had one in city I live in for about three years, I have never been in the place.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I go to Walmart I think it should be a crime to wear some of the clothing I see patrons there wearing. Some send shivers down my back. (-;

Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #73
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Alot of people have spent their whole life's working for Walmart and are just as happy as anyone else. There are several millionaires who have retired from wally world also . Their stock option plan was better than most companies ever offered. There is a walmart in almost every small town in Texas and some very good folks work there too. Some of them are RVers-2 .
1995 Monaco Dynasty
32' B5.9 Banks, 6 speed Alison 3060
2008 HHR Panel toad
Old 03-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #74

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
When I go to Walmart I think it should be a crime to wear some of the clothing I see patrons there wearing. Some send shivers down my back. (-;
And on that same train of thoughr...People of Walmart
SSgt. Richard L Ray, USAF (Retired) - Laura L Ray
Our second home is a vintage 1995 Jayco Eagle 277RB 'The Love Shack"
towed by a 2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab short bed "The Green Goblin"

Old 03-30-2015, 05:12 AM   #75
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post

True but one day I went to both Wal-Mart and target. 90% of the women in Target were wearing stretch pants with knee high boots. Even the ones that shouldn't be wearing stretch pants. Bad dressers are everywhere. I dropped my boy off for school. He goes at noon for half day pre-school. you should see what some kids wear to school. One high school girl wearing sweat pants and flip flops. Her hair un brushed. Like she just got out of bed.
93 Jayco RK 325
07 Chevy classic crew cab long box LBZ Duramax
Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic
Old 03-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #76
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Seriously? What planet have you been living on? Jobs aren't always that easy to find, especially now when the only jobs readily available are ones that require already having specific training (and who can take time and pay to get that training when they need to put food on the table right now?). People work at lousy jobs because that is all they can get, especially in smaller towns. And Wal-Mart IS a lousy employer that treats employees unfairly. Try reading the news; I see articles about Wal-Mart's poor labor practices fairly frequently.
So, according to your statement above, Walmart provides jobs to folks who are having trouble finding work? And that's a bad thing? They will hire people who are unskilled or handicapped, and provide them an opportunity to support themselves instead of jumping on the welfare train, and that's a bad thing?
The "poor labor practice complaints" are coming from people who can't get jobs anywhere else and want $60,000 year with health, life, 401K, 403B and 2 months vacation.
Just trying to understand your reasoning.
2008 Tundra DC, 5.7L, Airlift 5000 Airbags
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Signature Untralight Diamond Package
Old 03-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #77
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
Thank you walmart in Trinidad Colorado for allowing my family and me to stay overnight during a bad snow storm, and all the rest of the times I stopped because I was tired.
Yep, us too and for the very same reasons! Snow storm closed I-5 and we were inside calling the DOT for a road report when it came over the speaker system. Couldn't leave if we had wanted!
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Old 03-30-2015, 03:11 PM   #78
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by MuckSavage View Post
Seems that they're homeless & very defensive of what's their's.

, as defined by the general non-RV public.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #79
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Why? I rarely shop at Wally World because they are frequently out of stock on items I need (and take as much as a month or more to restock), they frequently change up their products, checkout lines are long (my back doesn't appreciate that) and the parking lot is usually a battle zone of people fighting over parking spaces and have inadequate handicap parking. I get my prescriptions from Wally World's pharmacy because I can get them refilled anywhere if I should need to (that came in handy recently when I was out of state for two months longer than expected helping out some friends). I have to give them at least a week's lead time when ordering refills because they are frequently out of one or more of my prescriptions, even though they are the same ones I've been use for several years.

Wally World does attract more trashy looking shoppers than most retailers.
In reading a couple of threads that you have posted, if you were true to your word and yourself, you would not shop at Walmart for ANY reason. As you dislike them so much for how they treat employees, their in stock availability, the people they attract and long lines that make your back ache. But like most people while you bash them for the way they run THEIR business you still make excuses to shop there, so they must be doing something right.

I used Walmart as an example in a Leadership class I was taking where we had to define the word "Quality". I said basically that "Quality" is simply put in the mind of the beholder. Walmart for example some people have more time than money, and waiting in line or putting up with what some have described as their "clientele" to save a signifant amount of money is "quality" to them, where as someone who is short on time, but has enough money may pay a little more for products so they can get in/out quickly, and that is "quality" to them. Then put that concept into any form of service you render(and price/cost doesn't have to be the defining "quality"), and you will better your organization. That is the condensed version and I will tell you that my 30 minute presentation took the top honors out of a class of 40 presentations, as everyone could relate to it.

As to never having the product you are looking for, quoting what you said "what planet or world are you living in". I'm not sure where those that have had this problem are living but any Walmart we have stopped in from Colorado to all along the Western United States, has always had TOO MUCH stuff to buy and my wife always finds it....
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Old 03-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #80
Newmar Owners Club
I have been camping in walmart parking lots since 1986 never had a problem. Walmart has security at a lot of the stores. I don't think rvs attack crime I think walmart has a crime as do all big box stores.
Dale and Rita
2002 Newmar Dutch Star 4095, tow car 2008 Buick Enclave CLX
Old 03-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #81
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
You Wal-Mart bashers, do you ever go into Kmart. The clientele are the same, just an older , run down looking store.

I would name some more, stand alone discount department stores, but their gone.
In the Los Angeles metro area the ranking goes like this:

Walmart - The newest stores. Located in working class neighborhoods. The interior florescent lighting temperature is white/bluish, above 6000 Kelvin. Exposed ceiling ducting, (occasional birds flying inside). Hourly pay for new hires, $9.00 - $9.75/hr.

Target - Older stores located in upscale neighborhoods, New stores in working class neighborhoods and new housing development tracts. The interior florescent lighting temperature is between 3000-4000 Kelvin. Covered tile ceilings. Hourly pay for new hires, $10.00 - $12.75/hr.

Kmart - Older stores located in the exact same locations since the 1960's. Newer Super K-marts in working class neighborhoods. The interior florescent lighting temperature is also between 3000-4000 Kelvin, but some of the bulbs are invariably flickering or not working. Covered tile ceilings, (still yellow from when smoking was allowed). Hourly pay for new hires, $9.50 - $10.50/hr.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #82
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Too many off topic and personal comments.

Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Closed Thread