Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Last weekend the Walmart/Murphy's in Saginaw TX was $3.39 for regular ...Wednesday noticed it was $3.45, and yesterday $3.60 !!!

Maybe the plan is to raise prices first so the cut looks as good as it sounds ???
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
Last weekend the Walmart/Murphy's in Saginaw TX was $3.39 for regular ...Wednesday noticed it was $3.45, and yesterday $3.60 !!!

Maybe the plan is to raise prices first so the cut looks as good as it sounds ???
The average price of regular across the nation has increased an average of 50 cents per gallon since the 4th. At least most kept them lower for the 4th of July weekend.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
One thing to remember when using the WM card, even $.10 off of $3.50 is only apprx 3% savings. If you use a credit card that gives you 5% off as I do for fuel you aren't saving anything.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
An actual civil discussion. Can you beat that. I posted a comment on another forum about gas going up before the Holiday weekend and was blasted to NO end. I think it's great that they would do this and try to help people that are having a rough time. Not that most of us are not. Couldn't believe what happened with the prices. They bottomed here in upper MI just before the Holiday at $3.35. Slowly rose before the weekend to $3.69 then dropped on Monday to $3.60. Then Tuesday morning they rocketed to $3.89 and have fluctuated the rest of the week both down and back up and today sit back down again at $3.74. Sure would like to know what is going on. They say to write your state officials if you think there is some gas gouging going on. Yeah right, just when would they even look at the complaint, December? Something sure must be done by someone with prices fluctuating like they do this just isn't right.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Same thing is going on here in central FL. Steve N Sal, the price of gas is up and down (mostly up) but so far diesel is holding steady.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #20

[QUOTE=Steve N Sal;898480]An actual civil discussion. Can you beat that. I posted a comment on another forum about gas going up before the Holiday weekend and was blasted to NO end.

Don't feel bad; I posted on another forum that I thought that anytime that it was required to work 60 hours a week (30 for husband; 30 for wife) for a (FREE) site it was rediculus and anytime it was required to work that kind of hours there should be pay involved. boy did I get blasted for that.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Could the BLASTING been on an Infinity sponsored forum??? just thinking.
Safe travels
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #22

Gas is going to go up. It went down about 50cents. Now its going up 1.00. Then back down to 50cents off, then back to 1.00 raise. With this mentality you can see that gas is continuing upwards. No legislature can stop this. They got laughed at by the CEO's of Oil companies during last hearings. The legislature folks failed and CEO's are still laughing over it. The profits to them are immense. They will get their just awards in Heaven. Or is it in Hell?
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Gas is going to go up. It went down about 50cents. Now its going up 1.00. Then back down to 50cents off, then back to 1.00 raise. With this mentality you can see that gas is continuing upwards. No legislature can stop this. They got laughed at by the CEO's of Oil companies during last hearings. The legislature folks failed and CEO's are still laughing over it. The profits to them are immense. They will get their just awards in Heaven. Or is it in Hell?
I don't think it's as simple as that. If you do some research you'll see there are many companies that make more then oil companies, banks, pharmaceutical companies, food and beverage industry.... You get the point, it just happens the oil industry is the current "whipping boy". A few years ago it was the pharmaceutical companies that were in the cross hairs and just a couple of years ago it was the auto industry.... Sometimes I thing congress needs someone or something to use as a diversion for their ineptness.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:30 AM   #24

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokyjoe
I stayed at the WM in Williamsburg Kentucky last week. Their was 18 simi's and 1 other motorhome.

36' Diesel
Smokyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
None up here in our area of the NW,but I got gas at Safeway for .30 a gallon off after buying $75 worth of groceries.Limit $100 or 30 gallons.Since we always use Safeway anyway and the bill usually runs more than $50- 100,that's a good deal. Now they've switched it up to some kind of point system..Figger.No parking lot camping tho.
Found diesel in the Central Washington area for from $3.83 to $4.29,but averaging just under $4 last week.
I looked this gift horse in the mouth--------

NOt that it is not a good deal but------

OUr local Safeway offered the same deal---differing amounts depending on how much you bought--or the time of year etc; The offer, however, was restricted to particular gas stations----the closest one to me was far enough away that when I computed what a round trip for gas would cost in terms of gas usage---it actually cost me money to go there and fill up.

A local Fred Meyer now has a station giving me the best discount price when I buy stuff in the store--I go by there every day---it works for me.

Anyway---do some thinking before you rush off to get a good deal-------it pays.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #26

None in western PA that I'm aware of...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Lots of west coast Wally Worlds sell gas, of the 4 in my area, 3 of them sell gas (Lancaster 1, Plamdale 2).

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #28

Even with the temporary discount + the walmart gift card 3 cent discount, Sams club is still 2 cents less per gallon.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas