Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #29

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
dog Folks,

You are aware that you slammed probably 80% of the people in the US. Painting all Walmart shoppers with your biased brush only shows a "better than thou" attitude.

Well, you have never met me. I fit right in with that 80%.

You would never pick me out of a crowd of WalMart shoppers.

In the future, I will make sure to a put a smiley face on the end of the post so you won't miss the attempt at humor.

Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
jmcklin.... I noticed you said the battery was in a box. I have never in my life seen a car battery in a box. What brand of battery was it and what did the box look like?

I buy most of my batteries at Walmart. They seem to work fine and last a long time.
Motorcycle batteries come in a box with six vials of acid.

I never said there was anything wrong with WalMart batteries. Just that I found an old battery in a new box.

jmckinley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckinley View Post
Motorcycle batteries come in a box with six vials of acid.

I never said there was anything wrong with WalMart batteries. Just that I found an old battery in a new box.
I learn something new on here every day. I never bought a motorcycle battery so help me out.

Are you saying they come with no acid in them and you have to add it after you purchase the battery?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
The last motorcycle battery I purchased from O'Reilly's was a dry AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) with tubes of acid that would be injected into each cell all at the same time.

Once the fluid was in the cells the permanent snap caps were installed. Then you had to let it sit for a number of hours to allow the liquid to be absorbed into the Glass Mat's prior to putting it on the charger for 24 hours.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I learn something new on here every day. I never bought a motorcycle battery so help me out.

Are you saying they come with no acid in them and you have to add it after you purchase the battery?

jmckinley is correct.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:10 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
In concept I agree, that buyer must beware. I just take exception to singling out Walmart. This problem is true of so many stores, large and small. I am sure returning merchandise to stock is not part of the company policy but rather the actions of an employee to facilitate returns. How often to you find outdated food in the grocery. Tire stores sell old tires. Car dealers do not check on manufacturer recalls.
The headline should read: Buy beware, and not single out one retailer.
JMHO
If your going to criticize the op you shouldn't single out the three industries you mention. Always the car dealers.......
Old 09-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #35

"Are you saying they come with no acid in them and you have to add it after you
purchase the battery?"

As the other posters said, that is the way motorcycle batteries are sold. My guess is the sales volume is lower than car batteries so they sit on the shelf longer. Acid is not added prior to putting them on the shelf so shelf life is nearly infinite.
jmckinley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Your statement begs the question:"Have you really studied the people that shop there?"

They've done it for us...

People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #37
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
If it's something that I even have the slightest doubt about, I'll open it up before I drive away from the store.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #38

Hey I also bought a shower door at Home Depot got home waited for Drew to get here to help me install it to find that some of the parts where missing. Went back the next couple of days spoke with a manager and told him and showed him what I bought and what I got with it and you could see that someone had put some pieces on. So the next one we open up in the store to make sure everything was there.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Sometimes happens right from the factory. Bought a grill and took it home. Still closed with the tape and staples. Plastic all wrapped neatly with no wrinkles. Unpacked the entire box.

First thing to start assembling was the base. No base in the box. Drive across town to get another box. Checked it there but this was the only time something has happened to me.

Generally am pretty careful when buying at any store. Check the expiry date on products, make sure the packaging is still sealed, etc.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #40

SHOPPING AT Walmart
A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Walmart customers. This one caught me by surprise.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends. Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts.

It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds.

You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen January 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 29th. Also February 1st & 4th, Twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 30th, three times last Monday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for 2.99 each. I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at K-Mart and bought them out. Also, you never will get to eat at McDonalds. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Home Depot.
Read more at snopes.com: Windshield Washer Robbers
Old 10-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #41

dultram, now that was a good one...we had a good laugh with that response as I thought it was real at first, and this is just your first post...Welcome to IRV2, it's a great place to get info and an occassional good laugh.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't keep it to yourself, Dultram. Where is that Wal-Mart?

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote