Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I shop at Wal*Mart for specific items and will continue BUT have you ever really studied some of the people who work there?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #16

As careful as I am I went into Home Depot and threw several 100 ft rolls of wire in my cart. All looked neatly bundled. When I got home, 100 miles away, noticed one bundle was bundled different. Someone used part of the roll and re-bundled neatly and returned to the store. Apparently used about 10% of the roll and returned the rest. Happens all over. Not just at Walmart.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't ment ot sound superior but, my mom taught me to inspect carefully any product I purchased. No dented cans,no taped boxes, source of product (back then Made In Japan meant junk) , so on. This problem has jut gotten worse in these times.

I also strongly recommend that WalMart inspect more carefully before replacing items back on the shelf. In some cases it might even be dangerous.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #18

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I shop at Wal*Mart for specific items and will continue BUT have you ever really studied some of the people who work there?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Your statement begs the question:"Have you really studied the people that shop there?"
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Your statement begs the question:"Have you really studied the people that shop there?"
Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Actually I have and that's why I get the few items needed, attempt to find an open self-pay that actually works and leave quickly.

Shopping at Sam's Club is far more relaxing than at ANY Wal*Mart.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #21

Don't get me wrong, folks. I buy a lot of stuff at Walmart. As the biggest company in the world, their purchasing power is unequaled, allowing them to offer the best prices. I'm not one of those people who claim they never shop there but really do. And, I camp there a lot.

I was just trying to warn my fellow campers to watch out for bad stuff. Not necessarily slamming WalMart.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #22

I agree with the watch out for tampered products before you buy. My experience was slightly different. I went to Lowe's and was going to buy a couple 5 gallons containers of a strong deck cleaner. As I pulled the second container off the chest high shelf the lid popped and the liquid cleaning solution spilled all over me missing my face by inches! The manager offered to call the emergency squad, and when I refused told me to go buy new clothing and bring him the bill. He checked the other 5 gallon containers and found another one where the lid was loose and the seal was missing!

So the moral of the story is be careful out there! Look things over carefully before you buy no mater which store you are at!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #23

dog Folks,

You are aware that you slammed probably 80% of the people in the US. Painting all Walmart shoppers with your biased brush only shows a "better than thou" attitude.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Most stores are trying to keep ALL customers happy. So they adopt a no questions asked policy. As with much of the rest of our so called judicial system the stores don't expect the law will do much to those caught. There is little deterrent to those caught so they just do it over and over. The stores just turn over the increased cost to us the consumers. It's the honest and those with the $$$$ that will always pay, pay and pay some more.

I had a friend who regularly took tape measures back to Wal-Mart after they had been used for one school year in his wood shop. I thought it just slightly dishonest. If there is such a thing as Slightly dishonest. As I used to explain to my students. If you run a red light at 2-AM because there was no traffic it's still wrong. Just because you don't get caught breaking a law does not make it right. Wrong is still wrong.

You'd be amazed how many individuals believe the opposite. "It's OK just as long as you don't get caught." Most of us know different.

The true measure of a persons character is not how they behave when someone is watching it's how they behave when nobody is watching.

As societies generally tolerate the "Slightly" dishonest the world becomes more difficult and costly for the honest. That is why we are seeing more and more of this kind of stuff.
JMHO
TeJay
Old 09-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #25

So how many of us are being slightly dishonest by driving our Rvs above the posted speed limit?

Are we not the problem as well?

I admit I do drive over the speed limit by 5-10 mph. I am consistenly being passed by old dudes in DP with a toad going 70+. Not safe IMO.

I am not saying its OK to steal because its not. But we are all bending the rules when we think it is OK for us.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Check this case of water we put in our 'beer' frig in the utility room @ home

thank goodness the cold slowed it down ~~~

This was AFTER the water had been in there long enough to cool off and then pull two or three bottles out - maybe two or three days ?

My wife now asks if I want some snake water ???!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arlington-20140913-00421.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	75011  
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #27

Halfwright, I agree with you. Although I have seen some shady characters in Walmart, I have also seen them in many other stores too. I used Walmart as an example of what the term "quality" means to people in some professional training I had to do for a group of soon to be Law Enforcment management. Some people have more time than money , so going to Walmart and saving a few bucks is well worth the vist, those that have more money than time will go somewhere closer/ maybe quicker service ect, because they don't worry about cost. The bottom line is "quality" is measured in the eyes of the person who recieves the product, service,or experience.

I'm not embarrased to shop at Walmart because I was always taught to be greatful for what you have, if you can buy the exact same product somewhere cheaper then go there(no matter how much money you have)ie "waste not want not", and nobody is better than anyone else, they are just living in different circumstances and just may have not always made the best decisions in life. The last one got me thru 30+ years in a career in Law Enforcement being able to react to and handle some of the crazyness that goes on in our world.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
jmcklin.... I noticed you said the battery was in a box. I have never in my life seen a car battery in a box. What brand of battery was it and what did the box look like?

I buy most of my batteries at Walmart. They seem to work fine and last a long time.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote