Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #71
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by jmckinley View Post
Just an update in the Walmart square wheel problem. My local store and several I've been to in multiple states this month are sporting new wheels on most of their carts. I am giving myself full credit for sparking this long time overdue improvement.
They swapped out our gentley used carts for your square wheelers. THANKS BUD

"96" HR Navigator, 38' no slides, Cummins, Allison
next stop
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #72
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by JRNOLL View Post

That would have been an ALDI..On of my favorite places to shop.

Sadly.. None here in S.E.GA

ALDI is a German company.

Another way ALDI saves us money is they do not bag,,As the cashier rings up your purchases she (or he) transfers the goods to a different cart (Already with a quarter in the lock) you bag, or box yourself (normally) Wife and I would take the Motor Home when we went shopping and simply push the cart "home" she went in and I out..Overroad door switch and handed groceries inside..Finally returning cart to store to recover a quarter...... The next customer in line got your quarter.. You got the one from the customer before you.

Really like those stores.
Yep, they were Aldi's. Now if I were a young 12-13 year old entrepreneur I'd stand outside by the cars and ask If I could help by returning the carts. I'd have been a half millionaire today.

Originally Posted by LynnD View Post
I have to wonder about the reasoning of the cart corrals, not just at WalMart, but at most stores. I have RA so I have a Handicap Parking sticker, I don't always use it but if I am having a bad day I use the reserved parking. Have you ever noticed that the cart return area is halfway across the parking lot from the handicapped parking?
They have cart corrals! Oh, wait, yes the do but so many people do not sue them. I have seen cars parked right beside a cart corral and still put the cart in front of their car. We both always push one back into the store.

Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #73

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Most of the folks shopping Walmart are Nascar fans. Go fast, turn left. The pit crews just cannot seem to get a new set of tires on.
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #74
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Isn't NOT being allowed to "run" in the store called discipline?
Or is discipline now not a popular thing to enforce?
Try getting knocked down by some kid running undisciplined in a store. The floors are not padded and an apology really is inadequate to an elderly person who has been injured by being knocked down.
There are known instances where an injury to an elderly person has triggered dementia. Bet an apology doesn't fix that either.

Been there--seen that.
My 90 year old father in law used to do his own shopping at the local Publix store. He couldn't walk too well so he used the motorized carts. The problem was that he is in the beginning stages of dementia and his judgment and "filters" we're impaired.
He would tear through the store yelling at little children to get out of the way! My poor niece who accompanied him could not control him.
Publix lived up to their reputation for excellent customer service. When they saw him coming in the door, one of their employees would help him do his shopping!
Now that is customer service. And yes, he doesn't drive any more.

Sunseeker2 is online now   Reply With Quote