Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #43

Folks, have read through all the posts so far, and have an observation or two. One, I don't take advantage of being able to overnight in Walmart parking lots, but I suspect many of you do. Two, if that's the case, what makes you think Walmart appreciates being bashed in a public RV forum? Three, even if you're like me and don't use the free overnight generosity, please don't bash on a company that does so. If Walmart decides to rescind its permission, that can affect a lot of our community.... Just saying.

Nick B
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Because the low IQ folks they hire .
Wow! That covers a large crowd!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:51 AM   #45

Old Car Nut and others,

Lighten up on the " low IQ " workers. They are contributing to society by performing a service.

Would you rather have them sit home and collect welfare?

How about we put them away so no one has to see them, like in the past?
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #46

Walmart Shopping Carts

Walmart, Safeway, Frys, Albertsons, etc.....are all equal on flat wheels.
If the highly paid cart crews manually push the carts, they must push/slide the train sideways now and then to follow their designed route. Hence, flat wheels!
Stores with electric cart train haulers avoid that. Stores that get electric cart haulers are still stuck with the pre-flattened wheels.
And folks that don't put carts in the corals are high in numbers throughout the world.
And a thumping wheel does not upset me. But I will go back and exchange a cart that steers hard (car/cart collision casualties).
So, pound your fists til they turn pink, folks, inequities will continue to abound! Kinda like tooting your Hadleys as if that will cure crappy driving habits.
Happy trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #47

There are usually many carts to choose from so just grab the next one.

If it is real bad roll it up to the service desk and ask them to find you a good one.

We rarely get a bad one at local sams or costco...some pull to the side and sams shocked us until they put the ground drags on but it was fun wearing insulated boots and touching dw every little but to get a jump...
Old 03-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
That just goes to prove that Walmart does not do a four corner weigh on their carts and check the Goodyear list for what pressure to run the wheels, and blatantly not use Tire Pressure Monitors. No wonder they have flat wheels!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:17 AM   #49

iRV2 No Limits Club
It is time for the truth:

Flat spots on the wheel is actually a nefarious plot to prevent theft of the carts.

No one will steal a cart with bad wheels.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:40 AM   #50

Freightliner Owners Club
Actually I like the clackety-clack wheels. Walmart actually has them for our benefit as safety equipment. Now I know when the nice lady with the overloaded cart (piled high with kids and supplies) is approaching the same blind corner next to the big unstable display stack.

Still proud of my "Blue Light Special" tee shirt....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:08 AM   #51

Flat spots on wheels, hard turning carts, how about the signs that explain: "No kids in carts"? Really can't understand why some people can't read a sign and put their kid, with their wet shoes or boots, with who knows what on the bottoms, on the same surface where we put our groceries.

Kind of disgusting when you think about it. What comes into the store by them walking from their vehicle thru all the detritus in the parking lot?
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:34 AM   #52

Please! Stop bashing the employees. I was one for a year due to being 63, a high volume production engineer in a community suffering in a poor economy. I worked in the Tire Lube Express changing tires and oil.
Some of the employees are there temporarily and others due to circumstances beyond their control.
You do not reward a dog by beating it so why denigrate the employees at Wal-Mart?

I have been a Chief Applications Engineer, a Sales Manager, a Chief Engineer, a Plant Manager, and an Advanced Technology Engineer.
Not exactly a "dim" employee. Just there until the economy improved.
I also can spell, punctuate, and capitalize, which sometimes is not done well on a lot of internet postings.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #53
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I think the wheel flat spots are from the cart being left out in the cold! The carts tires are likely biased ply. Takes a while to get em heated up to be flexible again.
Reminds me of my 64 Ford I bought growing up. Took two or three blocks till the tires got soft. Shook the crap out of everything.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:25 AM   #54

The tires are designed to lessen the probability of an unattended cart rolling into vehicles in the parking lot
aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #55

I thought the crooked wheels did that. The cart would just turn and hit your car.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Flat spots on wheels, hard turning carts, how about the signs that explain: "No kids in carts"? Really can't understand why some people can't read a sign and put their kid, with their wet shoes or boots, with who knows what on the bottoms, on the same surface where we put our groceries.

Kind of disgusting when you think about it. What comes into the store by them walking from their vehicle thru all the detritus in the parking lot?
I prefer a kid corraled in a cart to having them running free in the store.