Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #71

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Words of wisdom from someone who lives atop fill created from the wreckage of the Vanport flood...

Just jivin' ya, 'neck!

I'm an Oregonian by birth and you're dissin' my home State.
Yer east of me, Sauvie is river sediment created by the confluence of the willamette and Columbia, I believe swan island is the wreckage dump, along with hayden island, which is right across the slough from vanport that the I-5 crosses, along with the heron lakes golf course, which is in the middle of vanport, along with the Portland raceway.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #72

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mud dweller, eh? Well, no wonder...

As an effort to get back on topic:
I hear that sort of terrain makes lots of methane...ever try to tap the backyard?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #73

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Mud dweller, eh? Well, no wonder...

As an effort to get back on topic:
I hear that sort of terrain makes lots of methane...ever try to tap the backyard?
I think there's a few local natural gas wells, but the city has done everything in its power to block any new exploration and even shipping terminals to get more in or out of the area
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #74

So, we may get e15, maybe not. And there is nuthin we can do about it, me thinks.
Has the horse been bludgeoned into capitulation so we may find a mystical portal into a new thread?

However, Francesca, you are a hoot

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #75

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
It's reference to the local thinking. Examples include the ever continuing expansion of the local light rail system even though it has never once managed to run in the black, closing streets to autos because cyclists don't obey traffic laws and wind up getting themselves hit by vehicles.

The list goes on and on.
I am going to take those issues and as I often do give a bit of the other side,, NOTE: This post does not necessarly reflect my true position on any issue save for "Fairness doctrine" Which I support.

Light rail: Most public transportation systems are not that well planned, They do not run when they are needed or where they are needed, the result is limited ridership because the people who need 'em can not use 'em. In Detroit I got lucky, Just a block or two from my door and then a couple blocks downtown and the bus dropped me at the door of the office. But getting home was a female canine. over half a mile to the bus (Finally they changed the route so I could get one at the corner and take it to the transfer point) And some nights, The bus did nto even run (if a driver called in sick) Expansion of the public transport program might make it usable.

And the Profit is not just in dollars on the balance sheet, There is environmental profit too, for more on that Clemson Area Transit - Home (I think that is the URL) Clemson Area Transit.. They do not turn a profit on the balance sheet either.. There are no fare boxes on the bus, everyone rides free.

On closing roads to cars because bicyclists do not obey laws.. Most Bicyclists, in fact Most PEOPLE do not know the laws. This includes MOST COPS by the way, thus the laws regarding bicycles are not enforced... I, on the other hand, back in my no-car only a bicycle days,, Gave a presentation on said laws to the city council,, Thus I researched them.

A very few cities (Usually college towns) do train their police in Bicycle enforcement and DO enforce said laws. On this issue ENFORCEMENT is the cure.

However... That said.. Many cities are CUTTING the police force when they should be expanding it.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #76

Huh?? What does trains and buses in certain cities have to do with this thread? I thought this was for E-15 fuel . I must be losing my octane.