Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #43
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well for sure if you step in front of a motor coach that's doing 60MPH you don't have much of a chance.

Why sweat the small stuff?

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #44

Excessive profit. I don't mind paying more for something made in the U.S., but when I have to pay the same price for something made in china, that's Corporate Greed!

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #45

Back on track. It was soda products that gave me my chronic heartburn. Wakes me up sometimes it burns so bad. Water helps. Cold water, very cold, and lots of it.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The "problem" with snopes is that they lean too far to the left for me on some subjects and hide behind how false some statistics are without answering the questions on some answers.
That is why I say decide for yourself. I was not attempting to read politics into it. However the majority of the false reports seem to be from one side. Again you decide which one. End of debate please
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The "problem" with snopes is that they lean too far to the left for me on some subjects and hide behind how false some statistics are without answering the questions on some answers.
How can the truth be left or right ...there are other sites to check your facts...I always check an email before I forward it
Oh wait that would be a too far left concept...check then forward Peace...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #48

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I recall Betty Martini (or is it really Betty Noel) the woman who proves.. Well I won't say what she proves.

She got her pet ex-pilot on TV (Hard copy, the National Enquire of Television per reader's digest) telling how he had just one can of diet soda in his hand when he went into confultions.

Forgot to mention the 149 he had already consumed that day.

(His medical issue, If I had to guess, which in this case I do, would have been Diabetic Ketoacidosis, IN short, Diebetic coma)
Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #49
rf4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Drink when you are thirsty, eat when you are hungry in moderation.

"All things in moderation" as my mother used to say. Pretty good motto to live by---and I'll get to it some day. Of course she did not mean a literal "all".

That would in this age include reliance on the internet as a source of information. The internet is an over active effective source---but a curse as well-----lousy information travels fast.

Case in point----this past winter a spot next to me was filled by a person who immediately upon exit from his rather sumptuous motor home began espousing opinions------ones contrary to my thinking----but to each his own.

I had a soda in my hand and he said he did not drink that soda, nor should I, it was unamerican---he was drinking a Dr Pepper ---because my soda company had put out a can with the the pledge of allegiance on it and left out the words "under God". Those atheistic son of a guns.

Really???---so I looked it up-----well it turns out there was a company that put out a can with the words "One nation-------indivisable" on the top. This was after 9/11 and it was the same "headline" used by a prominent news magazine to speak of a nation that would not be divided in our time of crisis----the offending soda(if you call it that, seemed a reasonable sentiment to me under the circumstances) -----Dr Pepper.

I fact checked this guy through the ----long, long, long week he resided beside me-----and found him to be about 90% completely deluded. Otherwise an interesting fellow---he had dogs---which saved the experience from being totally intolerable.

Ignorace is bliss---internet ignorance is rampant--------finally this guy went blissfully away---and peace returned to my modest kingdom.

I am left blissfully with my delete button which I put to good use.

Trust---but verify.
hahahaha... when did you park next to my in-laws? They believe every email that comes across them and forward on to THEIR ENTIRE LIST OF FRIENDS/RELATIVES. I cannot tell you how many emails a day I delete without ever reading. I finally told them that if they had real NEWS to call because I never read their emails, but I still get them every day
Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #50

I've been getting stuff that was old before Al Gorp invented the interweb.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #51

If you want to have some fun. Blindfold someone and pour a 7-up in a glass and a coke or pepsi in a glass and have them taste them and tell you which one it is. I know I know, but try it. I bet half the people can' tell the difference.. Don't let them sniff it, just a taste. Don't start saying you can tell the difference until you try it. You can really [moderator edit] women off with this trick.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #52

Let me know how the test works out. I haven't done one since the late 70's.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #53

On a women?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Why is this a topic??? I'll just rant for a sec....

anecdotal evidence...most of the obese people that I know are perpetually dieting which sadly means they are eating constantly, most of them east mountains of lettuce. They also drink tons of diet beverages. If Coke has just as many calories as Apple juice then the carbonation is the issue - why are people not up in arms about soda water??

I have been an athlete for a long long time, we all drink crappy sugar water beverages like Gatorade and tons of diet pop. None of us are wildly over weight and most of us eat like pigs. Coke also has a lower ph than most acidic fruit juices especially cranberry - i've not yet dropped a nail in Cranberry Juice. If you eat a truckload of organic Hemp hearts, you will be wearing it on your hips the next day - doesn't matter if it was harvested off a Andean mountain top by starving locals.

My brother the dentist says you should always drink carbonated beverages with a straw to keep the carbonic acid off the teeth as much as possible. I rarely do.

I hate water - it's tasteless!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #55

Bud lite no cavities
Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #56

Hemp? Did somebody mention Hemp?

Just this week the news said that some people gain more weight by drinking more diet drinks than they would regular soft drinks.

You want water with flavor? Drink tap water. I hate the tasteless bottle water.

Tags
water