Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #15

I answer Sheriff's Department, Fraud Department. They can't hang up quick enough!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #16

I've had some fun with the Microsoft scammers too. The other day I got a voice mail from a robot call that said "no human detected. Good bye". I have no idea what there pitch was going to be.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #17

I answer "County Morgue" and all I get is quiet air!
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 PM   #18

I answer in spanish.. really slowed down the calls..
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #19

Phone call to Heaven

Had one call asking to speak to my Father, Led him on I wanted to know in regards to What!! He would not tell me.He kept say he had to talk to him personally I kept him going for about 15 min.Finally asked if he was close to a church.He asked why I said he was deceased for 2 years. And he would have a good chance getting in touch with him at church.
retiredusps6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:59 PM   #20

Between this, Rachel at Card Holder services, my vehicle (that I dont have) extended warranty, IRS, Medicare it's a wonder that anyone can get through.

What I hate the most is that there is a way the phone companies could stop this abuse, they just dont want to.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:31 AM   #21

The “windows” calls can get fun if you only have Macs. They get pretty frustrated when I keep telling them I can’t find the key they want me to hit. One stayed on for about five minutes and I could tell he was getting pretty annoyed. Can you believe he hung up on me when I called him a liar, to get a respectable job, etc since I only have Macs in the house.

Remember back in the day my mom got a call from a guy selling aluminum siding (yes I know I’m getting old). She must have been bored so she started messing with him.

After each of his spiels she would say I don’t really think it would really improve the look of the house. He would go into another round.

This went on for over a half hour and she finally said “do you really think it would improve the look of a stone home?” Can you believe he hung up in her 🤣🤣

I’ve often wondered if he told that story as long as our family has...
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #22

I wonder if they would extend the warrenty on my 1962 Falcon?
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I wonder if they would extend the warrenty on my 1962 Falcon?
I bet they'd be happy to TELL you that they will, and for a very reasonable price.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:18 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How are you today ? My reply is Not Very Good ! Does my Bankruptcy impact this loan opportunity? next I hear a Click !!!
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Got the same call. I'm Canadian.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:40 AM   #26

Gotta watch the phone number for the +1 in front of the area code. This indicates an overseas phone call. The scammer are trying to get money from you when you call back and are billed for the overseas call.

Been getting a lot of these that started right after the Capitol One hacking, even though CO claims the data that was stolen was never sold.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadman View Post
Gotta watch the phone number for the +1 in front of the area code. This indicates an overseas phone call. The scammer are trying to get money from you when you call back and are billed for the overseas call.

Been getting a lot of these that started right after the Capitol One hacking, even though CO claims the data that was stolen was never sold.
My data has been stolen many times and from some of the big data holders. The worst was the 2014/2015 Office of Personnel Management data breach where the records of 21.5 million federal employees was taken. This data contained so much information like neighbors near us and their phone numbers and addresses , church affiliation and ministers contact information, all jobs held in our lifetime, banks records, criminal history, phone numbers addresses even the notes from when we were interviewed by the FBI for our security clearances, even our finger prints!... you name it, it laid us bare. No wonder we get so many calls!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:27 AM   #28

I leave Do Not Disturb turned on with calls from Contacts being selected under exceptions. All calls NOT in my phone book go directly to voice mail. My voice mail greeting says "If you are a real person and not a salesman call me back within 15 minutes and I will answer, if you are a salesman do not bother me". Since most robo calls are made by a machine they never call back within the 15 minutes. I sometimes go all day without my phone ringing.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote