Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #85

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
According to my physics professor, there is no such thing as centrifugal force (a force that causes something to fly away from the center of a circle. There is centripetal force that pulls objects into the center of the circle. Inertia wants an object to keep moving in a straight line. Centripetal force causes the object to move in the circle. In the case of us sitting on the earth, gravity acts as the centripetal force.

Here is how to prove this. Attach a hammer to a piece of string and stand in front of your car. Spin it over your head. When the hammer is directly between you and your windshield, let go of the string. If there is a force pulling something away from the center of the circle, the hammer will hit the windshield. If you aimed correctly, it won't hit the windshield. Instead of continuing around the circle, it will keep going straight at a 90 angle to the windshield.

What happened is that the string was applying centripetal force. When you let go, the centripetal force was removed and inertia made the hammer continue in a straight line.

How's that for thought provoking? It gave my brain some exercise!

p.s. Don't treally try this in front of your car. Your aim may be as bad as mine.
Please don't tell that to the astronauts that are subjected to the giant centrifuge placing their bodies at 5 or 6 Gs

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Sure was a long time since college. Apparently there is something called reactive centrifugal force, which is the combination of centripetal force and inertia. My bad.

Centrifugal force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #87

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
In either case, the mass of the Earth warping space time is what keeps us here...
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #88

Give me a break, I had to use enough brain power (thinking) just remembering my irv2 password.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #89

Goal Deluxe Sander Tree Beers

Won sap pun a tine dare washer ladle gull culled Goal Deluxe zoo leave din dissenter offer lodge forced widow mutter sander fodder.

Ones window ladle gull and/or pear rents swear aweigh, dare hop penned topaz buy tree beers -- ham other beer, ha dotty beer, inner ladle bay be beer.

Sea ingot dough row pin, bay be beer win tinfoil ode buys modern fodder. Dot repairs wondered true Goal Deluxe souse: day eight parch; day satin cheers; sand atlas day fellow slip into tree bids.

Wend Goal Deluxe inner mud rend fodder god hum, daze awe sun thin whirrs rung.

"Sum bodice bin neat tender parch," sad Goal Deluxe, "an day aided awl! Handsome bodice bins it ten end dough's cheers!"

Gong Hindu turbid run, Goal Deluxe led otters cream: "Sum bodice bin slipping inner bids anthers till dare!"

Herring hearse cream, dot repair sleep tout ha bet innate Goal Deluxe sander pear rents sup.

Ream embark ids: Led slipping beers lye.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #90

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I don't think I am smart enough to talk about global warming,but I just finished a book by,Michael Crichton about it.It is fiction,but it will make you see both sides and think. Francesca on another post you ask about good reads this one is a real page turner..
Live long and prosper------Bill
Old 09-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #91

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
oops,told you I was dumb,Name of book is State of Fear.
Warm fires--Cold drinks-- Bill
Old 09-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
Goal Deluxe Sander Tree Beers

Won sap pun a tine dare washer ladle gull culled Goal Deluxe zoo leave din dissenter offer lodge forced widow mutter sander fodder.

Ones window ladle gull and/or pear rents swear aweigh, dare hop penned topaz buy tree beers -- ham other beer, ha dotty beer, inner ladle bay be beer.

Sea ingot dough row pin, bay be beer win tinfoil ode buys modern fodder. Dot repairs wondered true Goal Deluxe souse: day eight parch; day satin cheers; sand atlas day fellow slip into tree bids.

Wend Goal Deluxe inner mud rend fodder god hum, daze awe sun thin whirrs rung.

"Sum bodice bin neat tender parch," sad Goal Deluxe, "an day aided awl! Handsome bodice bins it ten end dough's cheers!"

Gong Hindu turbid run, Goal Deluxe led otters cream: "Sum bodice bin slipping inner bids anthers till dare!"

Herring hearse cream, dot repair sleep tout ha bet innate Goal Deluxe sander pear rents sup.

Ream embark ids: Led slipping beers lye.
What ever you're drinking save some for me
Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Give me a break, I had to use enough brain power (thinking) just remembering my irv2 password.
get roboform only one password to remember. las
I don't have enough brain cells left to remember all my passwords. it was tough enough remembering your SS,phone,military serial# and address this IS getting ridiculous
Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #94

If the opposite of pro is con then is the opposite of progress congress????
Old 10-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #95

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird23 View Post
oops,told you I was dumb,Name of book is State of Fear.
Warm fires--Cold drinks-- Bill
Excellent book! The book was more about how a government can promote a concept or policy by creating a state of fear in the public. Global warming was just the subject Crichton chose to demonstrate how a state of fear can be created. The sad thing is governments have done just that in the past.

I liked all of Crichton's work with the exception of Travels. In that one, he got so full of himself I would up tossing it before I got halfway through it. Pity he passed away.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #96

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
The sad thing is governments have done just that in the past.
"..in the past.".... Ya, ok.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here's a link to a thread that many members participated in 2008 hot debate ,thoughtful disagreement and respecting the other members. Take a look at the number of posts and views. this post helped reach the record number of posts on IRV. Maybe I'm just to starry eyed and think we can have discussions like this again. Maybe we're a people divided and can't have a civil disagreement without falling into hate and vitriol

No Joke ... Serious As A Heart Attack ... Major Auto Makers Could Go Bankrupt!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #98

I always thought the train clanking was the wheels going over the joints in the track.
Since the earth has warmed and cooled long before man was around It seems that it is a normal cycle being helped along by man.
That is enough thinking for one day.