Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If I arrive and park next to you, after I'm finished setting up come over and offer me a glass of single malt Scotch, neat.

If you arrive and park next to me, after you're finished setting allow me to offer you a glass of single malt Scotch, neat or with a splash of water.

We'll get along fine!

Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #16

iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have some short term neighbors, like one day or less, check your mirror.

faster horses, softer women, more money, jose c, more money, Warren

WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
Read the rules on the map you received at check in and them try to follow them. Many rules are there because of rude campers in the past.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #18

Others may disagree with this one, but my favorite fellow camper will not park in the campsite next to mine when there are other campsites that are just as nice available.

We pulled into an empty Colorado state campground early last spring and were the only ones there. A day later, still the only ones there, a guy pulled in with a large 5er, took an hour of wandering around the campground to finally decide on the campsite next to ours.

Now I could understand if there were some special feature that made this campsite attractive, but that's not the case. There were over 100 other spots, no trees in the immediate vicinity, and we were about as far from an available bathroom as you could be and still be within the confines of this campground. NOTHING made this campsite more attractive or unique from many other choices that would have allowed us more privacy. To add insult to injury, his truck's radio station, playing a type of music we don't normally listen to, was blaring from the speakers of the truck's open doors as he took his sweet time setting up.....

Oh, and he was not assigned this campsite either. I checked, and the ranger couldn't believe it.

To top it all off, our eyes did meet on one occasion, so I gave him a polite wave. I am absolutely sure he saw me do that - and the wave was not returned! Don't be THAT guy!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Be cautious about knocking on the door of other campers. I had never even given it a thought but there was a thread that a lot of folks don't like people knocking on their door. Emergencies excluded!

To avoid this problem I bang on the side of their camper till they investigate the noise then introduce myself.(not really, just thought that was funny)

I agree Pretty much what everyone else said.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
To avoid this problem I bang on the side of their camper till they investigate the noise then introduce myself.(not really, just thought that was funny)
Tim,

From the very little I know about you from this forum, I believe that not only will you bang on the camper, but if there is no response you will start pushing against it till you hear things falling off the counters!!
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Here's my advice FWIW: watch those commercials from the Las Vegas CVA, then do the opposite!
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
Tim,

From the very little I know about you from this forum, I believe that not only will you bang on the camper, but if there is no response you will start pushing against it till you hear things falling off the counters!!
As Sheldon (Big Bang Theary) says, I'm not crazy, my mom had me tested!

Keep em guessing!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
You have already shown concern to be a good neighbor by asking the question...me thinks you'll be just fine. Happy travels.
Absolutely:: I have found more folks who are helpful and very very few that are annoying enough to notice. Enjoy!

ahicks: Works both ways--
One Christmas we were at a State park in SC. We pulled in it was snowing, 200 sites- but only 3 other RV's- they were set up together next to the lake. We set up next to them and put up lights and decorations to match. Very enjoyable week. None of the others were traveling together. Also a little more secure in a empty park, several miles from town. (Ranger stopped by on 3rd day to collect)
But I agree, if someone is off by themselves it may be for a reason...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #24

No fire unless it's way away,don't stay up late talking loud that campers down the road could here you, control your kids other than that no problem.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:22 AM   #25
doc

Appalachian Campers
Interesting conversation. We can and will be friends and there are no special requirements - obviously we both love the same things. I prefer no barking dogs or loud music. Smoky fires are annoying - could you use dry wood? We were in a state cg once and the people down from us threw dirty baby diapers in the fire.
Screaming kids and loud music will likely cause me to leave early - we love to travel and can travel to another location.
If you see me outside we can talk but I really don't need you to come inside or want to come inside your rig. If we are sitting outside in the morning, come over and we can have coffee. In the evening we can have a cold beer. We both enjoy hearing travel stories and places you have visited. Please don't be offended if I retire early, but I get up early and go to bed early also - it's a geezer thing I guess.
Other than these minor peccadilloes we will just play it by ear and hope we both have a great time.
We might share info and emails and keep in touch if we like each other. We have made lasting camping friends over the years. We spent a summer with other employees at CG and became good friends. The came from Iowa and visited a couple of weeks with us and we drove to Wyoming to visit them in Yellowstone. Others we still share triumphs and tragedies as one of the partnership passed from a cancer. We still keep in touch even though the remaining partner no longer RV's.
So some of the people you see in campgrounds are just friends you have not yet met.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #26

We were at Gulf Shores, Alabama State park, there was a knock on our door, I open it and there is a man from the site next to us with a cookie sheet covered with Red Snapper fillets, he says "We caught the limit today, want em ?" Nice neighbor.

Another time at a beach campground in California I see a guy in one of those rented class C's at the dump station, he was holding the sewer hose and looking confused so I went over and the family was from Germany and were going coast to coast for their vacation, the rental place had given them the tour, and a VCR tape, but they barely spoke English, so I gave them a tour of their rig with lots of hand signals like washing my hands, or pointing to my butt to distinguish the tank valves, we had fun talking as best we could make out what the other was saying, our kids and theirs were having a great time as I did the tour and it's a nice memory.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #27

Read it already, free cold beer, or other drink, or food.

But, on the other hand, if your neighbor is a jerk, ignore them.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Others may disagree with this one, but my favorite fellow camper will not park in the campsite next to mine when there are other campsites that are just as nice available.
We like our space, some would rather be in a group. We keep in our own allotted campsite, but if there is no one parked next to us, we thrive on the distance between other occupied campsites. However we get along just fine even if we are packed in like sardines. Some times you just have to in a particular area & don't have much choice on where to park. But if you see one rv off by themselves there is usually a good reason.

My first thought for a response to your question was to drive out to the middle of nowhere, where you are at least 1 mile from any other civilization and set up camp here. But the more I thought about it, this is my suggestion to myself, not to others.

Glad you are considerate enough to ask this question, I am sure you will get along with all your campground neighbors just fine.

dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote