Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2015, 08:00 AM   #1

Weird

Isn't it funny in America that our flag and culture offends so many people.......but our benefits don't???

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum. 2014 Entegra DLQ
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, can't understand that!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #3

If you do not like it here then you have the freedom to go back to where you came from.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyB View Post
Isn't it funny in America that our flag and culture offends so many people.......but our benefits don't???

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum. 2014 Entegra DLQ
Not sure where you are living, but the American Flag and culture do not offend anyone here in AZ. You in this country?
Old 07-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The last years that I worked I had the opportunity to travel to Peru, Bolivia, and Spain.

Peru has significant poverty, driving out of Lima it was a never ending scene of slums. The last year I spend +175 days in Spain, the place is a disaster from an economy standpoint. My last trip to Bolivia I was threatened with being kidnapped by the workers union and had to make a fast and discreet exit.

Each of these countries have problems. Poverty, Inflation, Security Issues, Financial Crisis, and corruption to the highest levels. That is why people there and other countries want to immigrate to the good old US of A

The travel and dealing with the above expedited my decision to retire and I have no desire to go back to any of these countries.

I am perfectly happy in Tennessee & God Bless America
Old 07-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
And they will keep coming here if we keep supporting them. We need to take care of our own here for a while before all the others. Just this old mans thoughts on it... yours may vary....
Old 07-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
I'm with you Sonny
Old 07-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sonny,

As usual you make a valid point and 99 so do you. I have had patient's who are getting monthly benefits because they do not speak the language. For twenty years they have been getting money because they do not speak the language.

I have two spinal fusions and work so they can get a monthly check because they do not speak English. I think they should get 2 years to learn the language and then no check if they don't. I think they will learn the language pretty quick.

Lynne
Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The flag represents the United state which in terms of personal wealth is the richest country in the world... Others feel that we should share that wealth and that we are using that wealth (in many cases) to Lord over them.

Sadly we also lead the world in homeless children starving children and other evidence of poverty.. WHY because only a very few people control that immense wealth and only one of those is a good guy.

(An no, he is NOT running for office or in office, save a few CEO type offices).
Old 07-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with TQ60.
You can accept it or go back to the country you came from.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I am a 62 year old naturalized US Citizen and I am beyond (WAY beyond) offended that people who come to this country illegally are getting a free pass. I have already worked 4 jobs at a time to pay my way, this is a real hot button for me.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
Old 07-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The more we give the less people work. Why would you get a job if you could sit at home, take drugs, have more fatherless kids, get more money from the government that does not in anyway earn a single penny.

Ok we can solve that problem by hiring more government workers that sit on their behind and do nothing but dream up new regulations to limit growth and send more jobs to China.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnD View Post
I am a 62 year old naturalized US Citizen and I am beyond (WAY beyond) offended that people who come to this country illegally are getting a free pass. I have already worked 4 jobs at a time to pay my way, this is a real hot button for me.

I salute you LynnD. What you really are is a patriot. You are the kind of American I would enjoy breaking bread with.

I share that "hot button" with you.

Safe travels.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Old 07-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #14

By the way, I got my hand slapped for speaking my mind too frankly. If any posters here saw my heart felt post and were offended, I apologize. Those were my true feelings but out of place here.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Closed Thread