Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #1

Well.......One Down!!!

While trying to get everything in order and purchase a gorgeous 2007 Itasca Meridian, a local shows up at the owners door with cash in hand. Not the owners fault, business is business. Ahhhhhh, the depression sets in. I picked a bad time to quit drinking!!! So the search goes on. I have a feeling this is gonna take a long time.

Dubya
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

BTW, I have a saying for situations like that. Just FIDO it, (forget it and drive on)
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #3

Have patience, the right one will come along. With our current MH, we were looking for about two years, used and new. We ended up getting a new one, equipped better, for about $6000 LESS, than the used ones we were looking at. We got frustrated and missed out on a couple that we thought were great deals, but in the end we got a MH we love and will keep for a very long time, if not forever. Good luck, and remember looking for one is half the fun.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
We just returned from the Perry, Ga show still coach-less. We have looked at quiet a few and fell in love with one or two but problems or sound reasons has us still looking.
Not sure if looking is half the fun, but after looking at the show and talking to many super campers we have added the option of maybe a new rig like Mike & Charlotte said. depending on a deal it has possibility's.
Stevewildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #5

Yeah,,,this isn't my definition of fun, but I understand the intent of the message. We just have a small parameter of what would work for us. I'd love to be more flexible in my options, but because of the height and length restrictions on our property, the options are limited. That's why the 34H fit the bill to a tee. Me thinks I'll be driving the gasser into the ground B4 I find what we want. As a dummy once said (wait....was that me?).....it is what it is.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:20 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The next one will be better- been there, done that, and thought it was hopeless when the deal before I bought this one fell through. I'm glad I didn't get the second to the last one I looked at now.

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #7

Ya'll are just trying to make me feel better. Whatdoyawannabet, the guy that bought MY DP introduces himself on this forum? Hold me back!!!!
Old 03-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
That one was not in the cards...that means there is a better one in your future...think positively.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #9

As much as we are trying you make you feel better, the real truth is you will find something even better. After we had looked for a long time and missed out on a few deals we thought were good, we finally settled on a MH at Mike Thompson's RV. We actually went down to buy, we had been working with an Internet Sales guy for a few months, test driving several models, new and used, and had a deal all worked out. We had already contacted our insurance company and told them what we were going to buy and had provided them a copy of the MSRP to set up the insurance that would start on whatever pick up date they gave us. When we got there everything was going great until the GM found out we didn't want to finance it unless we got a super good interest rate, otherwise we would pay cash. It went downhill from there with a story so long that they had the head GM for all locations calling us apologizing and offering us a better deal along with a great interest rate.

We were so upset with them that we didn't buy and quit looking for a month or so thinking that all this BS just wasn't worth it. I've bought several Boats, RV's ect and never had this problem. Seems like when we came out of the recession greed and unethical treatment of customers was the norm for a lot of dealers. But that is what led us to a dealer we trusted and we ended up with a MH way better than what we were originally going to buy. We love ours and occasionally look at what we were going to buy at RV shows ect. We shake our heads wondering what we were thinking as when we were looking we got frustrated and were actually willing to just settle for something that was just OK, so we would have a MH and be done with it. I'm glad we had a few false starts as it did help us to be more selective in what we were really looking for. So I really do know how you feel.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote