Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #1

We're hooked..........

Well we have been bitten by the full timer bug. We just made our first extended trip and now we don't want to go home. We will be leaving on the 17th and going on down to Port Richey, FL, we need the warmer weather. Alabama has been just too cold this year, but we did get to visit with Son and family.

Bill said yesterday that he has been sleeping so good and can't understand why. I told him it was the lack of stress from upkeep on the house and not having family members calling with their list of wants and needs.

We have been shopping for a new used rig. We have a 3500 Ram Dodge and 1998 Holiday Rambler Alumascape fifth wheel. We are going to go to Lazy Days and look at their Class A's.

We may have one of the houses sold and that would leave us with one. I hope it will sell faster that the one present.

Well got to try to get rid of this headache. Hope everyone has a happy Valentines day, and be safe in your travels.

Sherry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK, I'm green with envy.

Your situation sounds similar to ours. Sold one house last spring, hope to sell the second this summer. I retired last summer, Peggy will retire summer 2012.

If you've not already talked to anyone at Lazydays, ask for Skip Pittman (813-246-4999 x4376), who does sell class A coaches for them. We were happy with Skip, even though we bought elsewhere (closer to our property in SC). Tell him J Monroe sent you.

Happy hunting.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by semathis View Post
Well we have been bitten by the full timer bug. We just made our first extended trip and now we don't want to go home. We will be leaving on the 17th and going on down to Port Richey, FL, we need the warmer weather. Alabama has been just too cold this year, but we did get to visit with Son and family.

Bill said yesterday that he has been sleeping so good and can't understand why. I told him it was the lack of stress from upkeep on the house and not having family members calling with their list of wants and needs.

We have been shopping for a new used rig. We have a 3500 Ram Dodge and 1998 Holiday Rambler Alumascape fifth wheel. We are going to go to Lazy Days and look at their Class A's.

We may have one of the houses sold and that would leave us with one. I hope it will sell faster that the one present.

Well got to try to get rid of this headache. Hope everyone has a happy Valentines day, and be safe in your travels.

Sherry
Hi Sherry, Sounds like you definitely have the full timin' bug. We are in our 4th year of full timin' after we sold our home. When people ask me how you know if you can full time or not, I usually reply by saying, if you can't stand the thought of going home, you're full timin' material. We haven't had any regrets. We grabbed the brass ring. Good luck finding the rig you want, and have a ball...
Dave
Indian Creek is offline   Reply With Quote