Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
West and MIddle TN need your prayers

If you have been following the news, you know that Nashville and Jackson, TN have had a nightmarish few days with the worst flooding ever seen and it's not over yet. I have several friends in that area who have lost their homes, jobs and everything.

PLease keep them in your prayers.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I agree and I hope that those folks can recover from this disaster. The pictures coming out now that they can get into some of the flooded locations are amazing. One business lost 100 over the road trucks and tractors PLUS their cargo.

This is going to be a very costly 500 year flood.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsauerkraut View Post
If you have been following the news, you know that Nashville and Jackson, TN have had a nightmarish few days with the worst flooding ever seen and it's not over yet. I have several friends in that area who have lost their homes, jobs and everything.

PLease keep them in your prayers.
Thank you for reminding me. Have you noticed how our prayer lists continue to grow?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Even our wonderful Opryland Hotel sits under several feet of water. This has been heartbreaking.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just saw the $75 million damage to the Opryland Hotel on the news this morning. Its not only the physical damage but also the emotional damage that these natural disasters cause. Believe me, living in the gulf coast of Texas we know all about floods, tornado's, hurricanes, etc.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In case anyone hasn't seen it...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcmbX_JO95g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcmbX_JO95g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Our prayers go out to the folks in that area. Apparently there was little or no warning following the downpours..

A real disaster and I've not heard of any federal assistance going that way and the federal government has not even mentioned the area...I hope they are getting support.....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Our prayers go out to the folks in that area. Apparently there was little or no warning following the downpours..

A real disaster and I've not heard of any federal assistance going that way and the federal government has not even mentioned the area...I hope they are getting support.....
It wasn't even really mentioned in the national news until Anderson Cooper last night interviewed Kenny Chesney and Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. One of our local newscasters said it best...guess it takes a celebrity to make tragedy become news.

They're estimating an initial over $1 billion damage and that's just the beginning. Opryland Hotel will not be able to take guests until after October to give them time to clean the damage. Dozens of lives lost... but it's not news.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsauerkraut View Post
It wasn't even really mentioned in the national news until Anderson Cooper last night interviewed Kenny Chesney and Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. One of our local newscasters said it best...guess it takes a celebrity to make tragedy become news.

They're estimating an initial over $1 billion damage and that's just the beginning. Opryland Hotel will not be able to take guests until after October to give them time to clean the damage. Dozens of lives lost... but it's not news.
You're watching the wrong network is the problem. Fox has had reports every day multiple times a day since the flooding began. Yesterday they had the governor on.
Did Anderson mention that Fox is helping to raise money?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #10

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
You're watching the wrong network is the problem. Fox has had reports every day multiple times a day since the flooding began. Yesterday they had the governor on.
Did Anderson mention that Fox is helping to raise money?
Well, I guess we'll have to start watching Fox in TN!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I was in the flood of 2008, when Lake Delton breached county highway A ( Wisconsin Dells, Wi.)it took along time to clean the area up and the smell, it made me sick my prayers are with you more then you think.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:22 AM   #12

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thank you!