Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What a Week !!

Had to move the MH out of it's space beside the house Tuesday so they could fix our 25 year old cedar fence. The fence guy tried to help me and naturally all he did was get in the way. Almost ran him over once.

Got the fence done and had to leave the MH part way out in the driveway overnight.

The fence repair was free as they needed a broken fence to do an advertising spot so that was nice.

As I headed for work I wanted to check the heaters and light in the wet bay. Wet bay was fine so I went inside, noticed my shoes were muddy so I kicked them off. As I turned I kicked the Millers Magic Table (heavy hardwood) and broke my little toe on my left foot. Went to work, it wasn't too bad and not much pain.

Next day it was black and swollen but I could still walk on it so I took the MH up and filled the tank $3.549 at one place, $4.159 most other places. Foot really swollen and a blood blister on the inside of the toe.

Thursday a tendon got hung up on a bone spur in the back of my left hand and something snapped so it's all black and blue and swollen

Friday had an appointment at 8:00 in Chehalis WA (80+ miles away). The 9 year old starting batteries were dead. I tried for 1 hours to charge them, no go. Called NAPA, only one in stock. Called Pacific Diesel, they had 21 in stock and they are 1000 CCA rather than 950. Cost me just over $300 for the pair since I didn't have to cores with me. Finally left at 10:30. got the right at lunch.

While charging the batteries I looked at the 9 year old U02200's, the cases are bulging, so now it's off to Costco for new batteries.

They're forecasting up to 3" of snow starting tomorrow afternoon to boot!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Okay, okay....wait for it.....this is all good in the big picture.

ALL YOUR BAD LUCK FOR THE YEAR is now behind you The rest of the year is all roses

Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #3

I hope you're right Tyler. Mr. D. I sympathise. The Monday a couple of weeks before Christmas, I was taking our Labrador for his morning walk. Chest pains that had been pretty low key for a couple of weeks got much more significant and I had to sit down on a park bench 15 minutes out to get my breath back.

When I got home, I told DW what was going on and made an appointment with our GP for the next morning. After running an EKG and doing some listening with a stethoscope, she said "Hang on for a few minutes, I need to consult". She came back after about 10 minutes and said "Go home, pack a bag for two nights in hospital and head out to St. Joseph's." That's in Bellingham, about 50 miles away. She told us to check in at the ER ratherthan the regular admissions desk.

We go to the hospital about 11:45 and I was in the OR before 15:00. An angoiplasty op resulted in four stents being installed. I was released from the hospital Thursday afternoon.

A month later, I'm just fine - no more chest pains - basically back to normal except for increased fatigue, maybe caused by an additional BP medication.

I should begin Cardiac Rehab next week. While I was in the hospital, I was on a respiration monitor. Every few minutes, when I was asleep, an "APNEA" warning went off. DW has reckoned for about 5 years that I had sleep apnea, but I disagreed. I should be going into the Sleep Study Center at our local hospital in a couple of weeks. I suspect a CPAP is in my future!

Still and all, despite the emergency, the result sure beats being told to get a rocking chair and sit on the porch waiting to die.

I'm hoping for many more seasons using our RV before it's time for a wooden overcoat.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Geeez, I feel for you man! I stubbed my big toe yesterday and it throbbed all night. Nothing compared to what you did. OUCH !!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You'll love your CPAP, Frank! I've had one for about 20 years now and it's the best thing going
Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It takes a bit of getting used to but well worth the effort
Bruce
Old 01-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
I hope you're right Tyler. Mr. D. I sympathise. The Monday a couple of weeks before Christmas, I was taking our Labrador for his morning walk. Chest pains that had been pretty low key for a couple of weeks got much more significant and I had to sit down on a park bench 15 minutes out to get my breath back.

When I got home, I told DW what was going on and made an appointment with our GP for the next morning. After running an EKG and doing some listening with a stethoscope, she said "Hang on for a few minutes, I need to consult". She came back after about 10 minutes and said "Go home, pack a bag for two nights in hospital and head out to St. Joseph's." That's in Bellingham, about 50 miles away. She told us to check in at the ER ratherthan the regular admissions desk.

We go to the hospital about 11:45 and I was in the OR before 15:00. An angoiplasty op resulted in four stents being installed. I was released from the hospital Thursday afternoon.

A month later, I'm just fine - no more chest pains - basically back to normal except for increased fatigue, maybe caused by an additional BP medication.

I should begin Cardiac Rehab next week. While I was in the hospital, I was on a respiration monitor. Every few minutes, when I was asleep, an "APNEA" warning went off. DW has reckoned for about 5 years that I had sleep apnea, but I disagreed. I should be going into the Sleep Study Center at our local hospital in a couple of weeks. I suspect a CPAP is in my future!

Still and all, despite the emergency, the result sure beats being told to get a rocking chair and sit on the porch waiting to die.

I'm hoping for many more seasons using our RV before it's time for a wooden overcoat.
My boss was feeling bad, went to his Dr. The Dr tried to get him to the hospital that day, he refused because there was a yearly convention coming up. He died around noon next Monday of a massive heart attack.

Good luck with the CPAP. I'm on my third CPAP now, first one went about 5 years, next one went 15 years and the third is about 3 years old now. The Dr' couldn't believe how many hours were on the second one before it quit.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote