Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman52 View Post
not having a human answer the phone.

i second that one!!!!!!!!!!!
also push 1 for english

mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavric65 View Post
i second that one!!!!!!!!!!!
also push 1 for english
AMEN!!!!

Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #45
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
.So don't blame the store owners 100% it's just hard to find good help.
Almost 25 years ago when I managed a 7-11 store in Arlington, TX our big boss pounded into us that we were selling convienence, not merchandise...and that good customer service was how we kept our jobs.

Now, you can't get the clerks in most stores to stop texting long enough to answer a question.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
I belong to this group and support their mission...I train my 12 employees to always...Under Promise and Over Deliever....We provide great customer service and most local ( not large corporate stores do not)....Join the project and help save America....

The 3/50 Project ::: Home
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
In a BMW dealer waiting for them to finish our paperwork. While people watching, notice what appeared to be a construction worker come in. Naturally because he was dressed in red clay covered jeans, a plaid shirt, work boots, keys and wallet on a chain, he was totally ignored by the sales staff. A manager finally came over and asked if he needed help. The guy pulled out his chained wallet and paid cash on the spot for a BMW 650. No commissions that day for the "judging-a-book-by-it's-cover" sales staff.
Saw almost the same thing happen in Alabama. I was sitting and talking to a salesman in a Chevvy dealership. In came an old farmer dressed in bib overhauls rubber boots streaks of tarbacky running down his lips. No one paid any attention to him. The salesmanager came out saw no one waiting on him walked over and said "may I help you ?" This ole boy said "yes I'll have that chevvy there and that one over there for my daughter who is attending college at Auburn. The sales magr came back and told them" you cant tell a book by its cover boys and I'm keeping the commission."
Every once in a while we the ignored win !!
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
We all want the best service but how many are really willing to pay for it? This is why the big box stores survive. They have cheap basically untrained help who for the most part won't even wait on you. But we continue to shop there to save a few cents and purchase Chinese junk.

The shining star in our town is a local BEST hardware that not only sells you what you need they help you find it, and tell you how to install it. They even have a retired plumber working there who has probably saved me more money than I will ever spend there.

You get what you are willing to pay for people.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #49

Computer phone systems and no customer service.
Went out sunday to buy a few things at the biggest retailer. Received great help from a stock boy. They did not stock my items so I went next door to the number two retailer and received no help at all.
Family friend (widow) wanted a new car a couple of years ago so she went to a local GM dealer and in the process of talking with the "salesman", was told to bring her husband in. One of the things she told him as she shook the checkbook in his face was you blew this one boy.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
We all want the best service but how many are really willing to pay for it? This is why the big box stores survive. They have cheap basically untrained help who for the most part won't even wait on you. But we continue to shop there to save a few cents and purchase Chinese junk.

The shining star in our town is a local BEST hardware that not only sells you what you need they help you find it, and tell you how to install it. They even have a retired plumber working there who has probably saved me more money than I will ever spend there.

You get what you are willing to pay for people.
The Ace hardware stores are the same. Most are individually owned and they bend over backwards to serve you. I have never walked out of one without what I needed and good advice. Is that because they get good training or just pride in their store and reputation?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by southland View Post
Computer phone systems and no customer service.
Went out sunday to buy a few things at the biggest retailer. Received great help from a stock boy. They did not stock my items so I went next door to the number two retailer and received no help at all.
Family friend (widow) wanted a new car a couple of years ago so she went to a local GM dealer and in the process of talking with the "salesman", was told to bring her husband in. One of the things she told him as she shook the checkbook in his face was you blew this one boy.
Dell computer now has 2 levels of service Standard where you talk to someone with a severe accent who reads through a script no matter what you say. And premium which comes at a premium price where you actually speak to someone with english as their first language and know sometime about computers. Your choice! Also car dealers are notorious about the way they treat women, my sister is divorced every time she goes car shopping it's the same thing, try to sell at sticker and add extra services.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #52

Funny, three months ago , I sent a check to Verizon to pay my brothers phone bill. He plays golf and was out on the tour.

They credited the check to his next door neighbor. I called them 15 times explaining what they had done. 5 times they had the "investigative dept" call me and 5 times they asked the same questions. Finally they said if you send us proof u paid the money we will credit it to your brothers account.

Now Verizon is like WalMart who cashed you check upon receipt and destroys the check, so there is no paper check.

So I had to go to the bank, get a copy of my bank statement, blank out what I didnt want them to see, and mail that to them//\\\

3 months later, I am still waiting to hear back from them.

His neighbor loves me neeedless to say.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #53

I just had a good one. Stopped in a service station and filled up with $168.00 worth of gas. Had to use the credit card twice. A few days later looking at my credit card statement on line (which I do almost everyday) I see 2 extra charges for $9.98 each from the service station. I disputed the 2 charges and explained I only got gas for $168. The credit card company sent me an email explaining that the 2 extra charges were for car washes! I explained I filled up my 40' long 12' high RV and there was no way I bought 1 car wash never mind 2! Well, it seems they automatically add in a car wash with each purchase and you must "select" no car wash in order not to be charged. I then told them that was unheard of and since I didn't use the car wash I wasn't paying for it.... Still waiting.... and waiting....
Old 06-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #54

All these stories have a common theme, no one cares, and loss of pride....
Old 06-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #55

Alpine Owners Club
I vote for service with my $$$. If I don't get what I expect I go to the next store, eventually I fnd one that gives service and that is where I continue to spend my $$ even if it costs me a few $$ more the service is worth it. I would rather support the little guy/independent than the big box store. I NEVER go to a Lowe's/Home Depot on the weekend, beside too many people all the knowledgeable people work during the week, they are smart enough to avoid the weekend crush.

I recently purchased 6 new tires for our RV. The first place gave me a price that seemed too good to be true, after digging I found out they were not pricing Goodyears that I asked for but rather Kelly's . When I caught them in that they promised they would get me the price for the GY's, 3 weeks later no response even though I had left several messages, so I purchased my new tires at another store and a week later stopped in and saw the manager with my receipt and explained to him why he lost a $3,500 sale !

What gripes me is the lastest news of the waitress that is publishing the names of people that did not tip her. The last time I checked a tip was for GOOD service. If I do not get good service I will leave 2 cents, a tip appropriate to the level of service I received, there is no doubt I did not forget to leave a tip, it is obvious that I left one appropriate to the service received.

A week ago I was walking into a local supermarket and one of the employees was out corralling the carriages. I watched as he removed that week's flyer from one and threw it on the ground. It of course blew away so I chased it down and returned it to him, he told me he had been told to bring the carriages in clean for the next customer. His manager and I had a discussion about training (I'll bet that was passed on) NOT .
DrDaveMA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
I think when we do get great service it should be brought to the attention of an owner or manager.

We went to an Olive Garden resturant the other day and we recieved great service and in a very timely manner. She made the dining experience much better than we had seen previously. On the way out I mentioned to the manager what great service we had from the waitress (I mentioned her name to the manager too).

2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote