Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #71

I buy most everything online. Save gas and hassles. Another add on is car washes. Make sure when you fuel you read the pump. Texaco just added 19.96 on to my fuel bill for car washes when I filled up the MH. Seems you have to press "no" to the car wash when fueling in order not to get charged. Always a scam...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #72

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman52 View Post
Not having a Human answer the phone.

I called my natural gas supplier and after talking to a computer for 5 minutes. I finally got a human. After settling business I gently told her that it sure would be nice to have a person answer the call and direct my call. Her reply was "WE have thousands of customers it would be impossible" to which I replied " you have had thousands of customers for years, what did the company do b4 computers answered the phone? She didn't know. She was there for 10 years and didn't know what they did b4. And there you have it.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #73

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
That's fine but what do you do when what you bought at Amazon needs service?
I find that very few things I buy these days require service or are worth servicing when they fail. For those I do decide to have serviced, most are far beyond the ability of local stores to repair. When I had a flat screen TV repaired last year I took it to an authorized repair facility which was ~20 miles away. They didn't care where I bought it as long as it was under warranty and I had a receipt. My Amazon receipt was just fine with them.

Had I bought the TV from a local store I still would have taken to the service facility for repair or shipped it if a local one wasn't available. Some of the worst horror stories I have ever heard come from people who have taken electronics items to places like Best Buy for service because they were reluctant to mail them away to a service facility. I recently bought an LG TV for my MH from Walmart; I sure wouldn't expect to take it there for service either.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #74

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
Just might be. It's hard to keep up with new technology and young folks.... BUT, I don't know if they have the same working headset that we older folks have... and maybe they don't need it in today's market... Maybe we are a dying breed that needs and expects good products and service...
Maybe our memories aren't so good anymore. You can probably talk to folks from every generation and they will tell you about the good old days. JMO
Old 06-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought a portable 50A surge guard (TRC 34750) in January of this year from Camping World. It was on sale so I bought it knowing I would not use it until late March or early April. All was well until I was at a campground in April (the 2nd trip of the year for us). The wife noticed the A/C was shut down. After doing some checking (checked with a voltmeter and tried the unit at another power pedistal in a different part of the campground) I was sure the surge protector was bad. When I got home I took it to Camping World and they plugged it into a 30A outlet and also determined it was defective. I was informed that Camping World only had a 30 day warrenty on all electronics. The gentilman at the counter called TRC and talked to a couple people there and the result was that they (Camping World) took a new one out of the box and gave it to me. They kept the box to ship the defective one back to TRC (TRC has a 1 year warrenty). They could have said that it was my problem and I would have had to go thru the process of sending it back. I call that going the extra mile for a customer.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #76

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow our therapists will be happy to know we were able to get rid if all our rage in 77 posts
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Wow our therapists will be happy to know we were able to get rid if all our rage in 77 posts
I don't think it's all out yet buddy. There is so much wrong in today's businesses that it would take 700 posts to cover them. Just stopped at a restaurant today. The special, baby back ribs. Ordered them and found they were nothing but fat and under cooked. The owner came by and asked "how's the food"? I said "the ribs are uneatable, they are nothing but fat and way under cooked." He shrugged and walked away... I guess he doesn't care that we will not be back again...
Old 06-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I don't think it's all out yet buddy. There is so much wrong in today's businesses that it would take 700 posts to cover them. Just stopped at a restaurant today. The special, baby back ribs. Ordered them and found they were nothing but fat and under cooked. The owner came by and asked "how's the food"? I said "the ribs are uneatable, they are nothing but fat and way under cooked." He shrugged and walked away... I guess he doesn't care that we will not be back again...
Please say you didn't pay for them. Peggy cringes when we get bad food, the waiter is the first stop, then the chef, manager finally the owner. I go through the list until some understands that I won't pay for bad food. usually don't get past the manager.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #79

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't like buying imported goods when i know it could be done here. (And Yes i would and most times do pay more for domestic goods when possible)
What I REALLY don't like is a company like Levi Strauss.
They made the last mass produced jeans here in the states. Of course they went over seas because labor here was too much for them to pay.
The part that really gets me mad is that thier prices went up after the move.
I do not buy anything with Levi Strauss on it now.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #80

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
I don't like buying imported goods when i know it could be done here. (And Yes i would and most times do pay more for domestic goods when possible)
They made the last mass produced jeans here in the states. Of course they went over seas because labor here was too much for them to pay.

Mekanic, same here. X2

Dieselclacker
Old 06-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #81

Peeves

I bought two jars of pickles the other day, they were $2.09 each and they had a 20 cent off coupon pasted on each. The teenage cashier had to get a calculator to figure out the price.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #82

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
LL Bean also, always had made in USA sticker didn't mind paying the premium price, imagine my shock the first time my order came with a Malaysia sticker at the same price. Well I guess the share holders demanded more profits.
And they are not alone!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyak View Post
I bought two jars of pickles the other day, they were $2.09 each and they had a 20 cent off coupon pasted on each. The teenage cashier had to get a calculator to figure out the price.
This was in the paper the other day;
This was a question given high school seniors in a Florida town:

Where is Miami?

%90 of the seniors didn't know.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
This was in the paper the other day;
This was a question given high school seniors in a Florida town:

Where is Miami?

%90 of the seniors didn't know.
I hope it wasn't Homestead. But that wouldn't surprise me. Everyone should know it's just north of Havana.....