Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
What are the good products you have found?

How about a thread on products that have performed above and beyond your expectations. Let me start this off by telling about some products that have been outstanding over the years for me.
1. Remington electric shaver- bought 8 years ago and have never changed the battery, never had to buy new blades, never had a problem and it charges just great when needed. I paid a whopping $34.00 for it! Now that is a great product in my book
2. Kohler 950 watt portable generator- now is 24 years old, has at least 500 hrs. on it, never has failed to start on the 3-4 pull and just keeps on running. I not put one dime in it other than replacing a full line hose and changing oil
3. Toro Lawn mower- now 27 years old. Still starts on the first pull, works great and works like the day I purchased it.
4. 06 Winnebago Meridian MH- bought new and have only had to replace the water pump (12volt) twice. Nothing else besides some caulking.
Well, those are just a few for right now. How about you? What products have met or exceeded your expectations?

fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 1st tractor picked up april 1986 a craftsman,still in use for cutting my grass and pushing snow only had to replace front bearings.

ccook129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
I've sat here for 10 minutes now and tried to think of anything that has lasted. I can't. The stuff made today is junk. The only thing I can come up with is:

If it moves and it shouldn't "Duct tape it"
If it doesn't move and it should "WD-40 it"

Love Duct tape and WD-40...
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I still have my original Craftsman socket set I bought myself 54 years ago---and if I break one they will replace i, the substantial additions over the years are of the same quality-----------------my Case pocket knife just does not want to give up----after 55 years I bought a new set of Chippewa boots and they are every bit as good---better than the ones I wore when 55 years ago when I summited Mt San Jacinto 10831 ft----they really really are water proof-----and our family has Coleman stoves and lanterns that preform today like they were new 1950's vintage----and my Honda CR-V is proving to be bullet proof---my Shimano reels just keep reeling, hooked to my undefeatable Lamiglass rods--------93 Ford Ranger ditto---------there's more
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
If my stuff isn't broke, break it, should run better.
If it needs fixing, throw it out, you cannot buy parts cheaper than product is priced.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
One wife named Willa.
Met her in 04 at WalMart. I smiled, she smiled back......
Married her in 06 in Niagara Falls. She said ''I Do'' and we did.......
We have traveled probably 60,000 miles in the coach sometimes gone for 5 months and we are still in love. I think I love her more now than ever.
She is the best thing that ever happened to me..

Nuff said

God bless our troops
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Other than some of my old Stanley planes and chisels not much, as said before most things are cheaper to repair than replace
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Third wife. # 4 and#5 wasn't worth it.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

You are a sweet man and Willa is a lucky girl...

BTW...DO you have a brother...LOL!!!

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote