Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2016, 11:53 PM   #43
Alaskan Member

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired in 2014, wife has a bookkeeping businesses and we own a ceramic studio. Being in Alaska the winter weather keep's me and the dogs inside a lot. Got a quad copter for Christmas so learning to fly it indoors. It's summer time when I get to play outside, camping, fishing and photography.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2016, 12:01 AM   #44

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
During this time I was caring for my Brother who was dying of liver cancer
That's what I'm doing now with my DW. Not fun at all. But at least there's a glimmer of hope for a transplant.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Had to retire @ 56 Health issues, Bought a 64 Deville convert and a month later I bought the guys MH and the rest is history. I have plenty of time to wax them. Our toad is a caddie also. First winter as a sno-bird and really am enjoying it. Just wish the pain would go away.
I really think I could do this fultiming thing just not sure what caddie to take!!! maybe sell the S&B and get a DP and a stacker trailer and GO GO GO with all 3.
JS,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:26 PM   #46

Retired at 62 when we moved from Prescott, Az to Oakridge,Or. when we bought a house while on a motorcycle trip. Liked the house but the location was too far from shopping an we moved to Rogue River, Or and rented for a year then full timed for a year.Got tired of that and bought another home in Grants Pass,Or. I do woodworking from my shop now that I have sold the motorcycle and need to keep busy. I'm 73 and in good health and my wife is also healthy so I'm just enjoying no going to work. I have a 16' vintage Jayco trailer I'm refurbishing for rving soon. I had to start from the frame up and it's slow going with winter here.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #47
Lit

National RV Owners Club
Question; So what are you doing in retirement?
Answer: "Anything I want" has always been my reply.
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:30 AM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker art View Post
Retired at 62 when we moved from Prescott, Az to Oakridge,Or. when we bought a house while on a motorcycle trip. Liked the house but the location was too far from shopping an we moved to Rogue River, Or and rented for a year then full timed for a year.Got tired of that and bought another home in Grants Pass,Or. I do woodworking from my shop now that I have sold the motorcycle and need to keep busy. I'm 73 and in good health and my wife is also healthy so I'm just enjoying no going to work. I have a 16' vintage Jayco trailer I'm refurbishing for rving soon. I had to start from the frame up and it's slow going with winter here.
How about as few Pic's of the redo?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:16 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired at 67 from a pressure cooker job with the health problems that went with it. I've always enjoyed working on cars so I bought an odd one and got it running great and sold it, made enough to buy another then another. It's been fun and I've found the stretching and crawling and lifting have helped keep me more supple. Going to have to find a larger garage as wife has taken up refinishing furniture and insists on her half of the garage.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Besides getting engaged, I am gearing up to writing the second edition of my travel guide to Japan, The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

And, of course, camping whenever I can.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:33 AM   #51

I retired 20 years ago (at 40) from the military (22 years of service, and living all over the world, and all over Stateside). After two years of resting, I went to work for the private contractor. Did few contracts, and came back to the States. Bought into a car dealership, and operated that for five years, sold out, and bought two gas stations with full service car washes. Got sick of that (EDD, Workman's Comp, EPA.......etc.) after 8 years.

Now I live on 140 acre horse ranch, with five horses, four dogs, two cats, wife and a daughter. I restore stuff (when I have time after working with animals). From Range Rovers, and Jaguars, to guns and Rolex watches, and everything in between (even an old Fleetwood Bounder). I do a lot of shooting too (on the property). Friends come over for horse back riding, shooting, and BBQ. We also ride motorcycles (have three of them).

Now I'm planning to move out of CA, and build my own house in Idaho. Got the land in ID (on the river), and currently drawing plans for the "house". Actually, not a house at all. Call me weird, but I always liked the way late Patrick Swayze lived in "Road House". I will build a BIG barn, to "house" my Prima Vista, all the cars/motorcycles, and all the animals. All under one roof. Living quarters on the top, and all the toys/horses downstairs.

All this keeps me VERY busy. Often, there is not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to do that day. Wife is still working full time (she is much younger), loves her career, and doesn't want to quit. I also cook every day (very seldom eating out). She cooks on weekends. She is from Irish/Greek descent (looks Irish, cooks Greek!), and was stationed in Turkey........cooks Mediterranean (MY favorite!). I lived in Germany, Italy, Yugoslavia, and Japan for many years,......and I cook that way.

Today,......(after I feed horses), I plan on buffing/waxing my Prima Vista, prepare dinner, and take the dogs for a hike up the mountain. When wife comes home, I finalize the dinner, we have a glass of wine, feed the horses, and put them up for the night, feed dogs, put a movie on, and go to bed at 10. Getting up at 4AM every morning, and start over.

"Normal" people will have romantic dining out on this coming Sunday, and we will saddle up our horses, pack saddlebags with prosciutto, cheese, olives, wine......and ride up the mountain for the picnic, to enjoy the sunset. We are surrounded by millions of acres of BLM land, and a State Park. One can ride in there for weeks, without seeing another human (and that's just the way we like it!).

We will sleep in Prima Vista while I'm building the barn in ID (cooking, and "living" will be done on the adjacent ranch that belongs to my "BFFL"). Wife will work only 3 days a week at that point. After we settle in, we will be taking Vista on a two-three day short trips around Pacific Northwest (the only part of this country I never lived in before) every month. The rest of the wife's days off will be spent riding (horses or motorcycles) and exploring our new "neighborhood" - Continental Divide.

And that's being "retired"
Old 02-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
I start each day with 'Lots of nothing to do'. I work very hard and 'doing nothing' all day. However at the end of the day I have 'done nothing'. So I still have lots of 'nothing to do' tomorrow.

Repeat as necessary.

Note: I cannot fathom how I was able to work and get as much done as I did when I was working. My days are busy and I cannot seem to get everything done that I want to do.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #53

Ford Super Duty Owner
Did everything right. Saved money and retired with a livable income. Made it four months before the phone started ringing. The new service manager was O.K. but needed some help. Came in a few times and then was asked to work one day a week. Before long it became two days a week. They wanted three days but I said no. Granddaughter had a baby and we started babysitting five days a week. Changed our plans but what a blessing. He loves his Nanny and Poppa. We get to travel a few weeks a year but wont be able to really go until he gets in school. (He is 3 and a 1/2 now.)
Old 02-13-2016, 01:32 AM   #54

Gordon: I like your schedule.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:04 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Waiting for the DW to retire in 2017. We will be selling most everything, then off we go in the MH to travel the USA.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Danielsland
Sounds wonderful to me. Love nature and it's beauty far more than cities.

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote