Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #15

Been involved with Southern Baptist Disaster Relief since 2005 and now have more time to volunteer. Recently became sw regional coordinator. We're dealing with Mississippi river flooding now.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2016, 09:40 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired in '99 at 53 1/2. We have done some workcamper stuff which was fun. Then I got on the board of a condo HOA in our RV park. That takes some time because of some people thinking just because they live in a HOA, it is an adult care center.

Am also pretty heavily involved in FMCA which takes some time
Old 01-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
What am I doing in retirement? Hmmmm.... well let's see. I sleep till the bed ejects me, I get a quick shower while my coffee is making, I drink my coffee while checking out IRV2, by that time it's time for my morning nap, that takes me to lunch time, I check the exercise machine to be sure someone hasn't stolen it, and of course everyone has to have a nap after lunch, then another cup of coffee while checking IRV2, then it's time for my afternoon nap, then it's suppertime, then I settle in to watch TV (AKA nap time), after all that activity I'm plumb tuckered out so it's time for bed!

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #18

DH retired at 54 and spent the next 5 years taking care of everything including me while I continued to work. I retired at 58 and we haven't stopped since. I have an elderly mother that I care for, and play golf, but mostly we do things we didn't have time for while working. We participate in more local events, we hike, bike and travel all summer. We have grandkids we enjoy being with often. Life is good.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #19

Retired at 62 after 37 years- I mostly do nothing, but sometimes I do more nothing. I don't see why retirement needs a life plan.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Retired 11 years ago @ 57. Bought myself a computer as a retirement present and a buddy said I should join 'Classmates.com'. Reconnected with a classmate I had a huge crush on. Flew to Nashville, we hit it off, married and spent the next 4-5 years for her to get used to me. Got tired of listening to "I've never been anywhere", so we bought 'Squeaky' and spent the next 4 1/2 years visiting 38 National Parks, 3 Provinces and 49 States. Now we are looking for our next 'magic carpet' to fill in all the gaps.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
What am I doing in retirement? Hmmmm.... well let's see. I sleep till the bed ejects me, I get a quick shower..........
You still get showers every morning?
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #22

Retired at 65 in 2008. Bought 2 motorcycles and rode a few hours a day for an average of 5 days a week. Spent some time planning the "Dream RV Trip" AKA "On Lap Of America". Bought a nice used MH and spent most of 2011 and 2012 touring the country with the DW. It was everything we expected in the best possible sense. As planned, we sold the MH because of the cost of depreciation, insurance, and loan interest.

I now have a Hardside Popup that I travel around in to attend various motorcycle events.

The motorcycle community is very much like the RV community - a diverse group of friendly and interesting people.

In three words............

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Working on maintaining this house, Posting on forums, Voulenteering at a local Thrift store, Accepting applications for traveling companion (Alas not many of those) Taking a charming young lady out to eat on occasion. And so on.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:37 AM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's been a great first year and half of being fulltime. went to Miami and painted my sisters house, in Pa. at my other sisters installed new service panel and built her a craft room, at my sister-in-laws home , I built her a wall to wall bookcase, many many projects to help people. More adventures to come. Even got in a few hikes in Arizona, some fishing in Biscayne Bay, a some golf. What fun!
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:14 AM   #25

I retired early at 52 in 2010. Mostly because my wife was able to transfer to a civil service job in Germany for 4 years and I wasn't allowed to work on the German economy. The wife is due to retire in two years so it was decided that I would be a house husband till then. In the mean time I'm the president of our church's council, VP of a local photo club, Member of the local Audubon society & play with my Caterham super 7 sports car.

We just bought a new to us Foretravel (our very first RV) to see the country when the wife retires. The coach will keep me busy & broke it seems, As I've discovered that they are made of paper mache & are quite fragile beasts.
1998 Foretravel U320LE 36' #5314
2014 Mercedes GLK250 diesel
2003 Subaru legacy L touring car
super7pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:04 AM   #26

I retired at 61 1/2 in 2006. I owned and still do a house in Florida and a house in Alabama, both on lakes. That has kept me quiet busy keeping them up. I have enjoyed it because when we travel from one to the other, it is like a vacation. I hope to sell the Bama home in the near future. So, I will need something in its place. We have decided a MH will do that. It will allow us to take mini vacations often. That is the plan. Who knows, I may do some full time for several months.

I have an old corvette that keeps me busy with lots of friends at cruise ins. I make wine and that takes up a lot of time.
olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:24 AM   #27

I have been self employed since I was nineteen maybe 3-5 jobs in my life have done a lot of 15 hours days. I am 69 now I cut way beck when I was 55 going to three day week and taking off for weeks at a time had my son to take care of things self my commercial property and shop.so I am looking at nothing to do other than cleaning out personal stiff from shop.I feel guilt because I'm not doing anything but it is getting where its not as bad as it was. Think it will be any better when I get everything moved. And can get in Rv and just go and not have to come back due to collecting rent or anything.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #28

I will retire in 5 years at the age of 52 after 33 years in the same field. My plan is to volunteer a lot and RV with my wife.
milobramble is offline   Reply With Quote