Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #743

Spent 4 hours in MOPP 4 gear in a structure filled with VX nerve agent at Fort McClellan AL. Thankfully the Army's protective gear design worked properly.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #744

Unfortunately I was the one wearing the first bodycam to record a suspect death in NC.
Fortunately my body armor survived a edged weapon attack much better than Second Chance says it will.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:19 AM   #745

Something I haven't done, Ive never tasted a red bull or any other sort of energy drink.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:11 AM   #746

I am a US Navy Blue Nose, Shelback, Ditch Rider and after I retired I became a Golden Shelback.
KiteSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #747

When I was 22 years old with a wife and two children, we moved a double wide trailer onto a wooded site of the farm we were renting/buying. Had to pound down a point for water and put in a septic tank. Then had to knife in a phone line 3/4 mile down the edge of a dirt road. WHen I got to the first available phone company pole, I turned the tractor down into the ditch bringing the line next to the pole. I unhooked from the blade and attempted to drive out of the steep ditch up to the road. Part way up the ditch, the front of the tractor started coming off the ground. It happened so fast that all I could do was jump off the back and roll to the side just as the front of the tractor landed next to me. I had a wrecker come out and tip the tractor back upright and towed back to my still shaking wife. I let the oil run back down into the pan for a couple days and started the tractor up to go disc a field. That was 54 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. Someone was on my shoulder that day and he's been with me ever since.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:54 AM   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
Something I haven't done, Ive never tasted a red bull or any other sort of energy drink.
Thats Two of us then.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
Thats Two of us then.

Make that 3 of us.
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:24 PM   #750

Skydive Naked - 3 times.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:40 PM   #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzbrandi View Post
Make that 3 of us.
4 now
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #752

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
12 to 20 in Leavenworth? Just kidding.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #753

January 1961 we were sitting in our crash trucks just off the runway waiting for a B52 declared emergency when we were notified by the tower the plane had gone down 12 miles from the base and a possible Broken Arrow (nuclear incident).

It was 2013 before it was made public one of the weapons 3 of 4 triggers had tripped and had the 4th one tripped a nuclear explosion over NC would have occurred. The aircraft had broken apart at 10 thousand feet and dropped two nuclear bombs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_G...eanup_1961.jpg

I am in the picture one of the individuals in silver suits we are the fireman this was not EOD personal as the 2nd weapon had not yet been found. This picture was taken just after 1st light and we had located the 3rd crew member.

This is a very close to the what actually happened many of the stories about this incident are pretty much fictional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_G...eanup_1961.jpg
Old 05-24-2019, 08:01 PM   #754

while working as an electrician disconnecting equipment in an closed steel mill
standing on a ladder with my hot stick gloves on, reached in the panel with an allen wrench and shorted out 2 phases of 550 volt. melted the allen wrench and the lugs I shorted out. tripped the 2500A switch in the substation .

I survived with no injuries and a few burnt holes in the T shirt I was wearing

continued working for another 25 years as an electrician

Someone was looking out for me that day
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:16 PM   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
4 now
now 5
Old 05-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #756
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are many people that do not know how unforgiving a farm tractor can be, many are not with us today learning that lesson the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
When I was 22 years old with a wife and two children, we moved a double wide trailer onto a wooded site of the farm we were renting/buying. Had to pound down a point for water and put in a septic tank. Then had to knife in a phone line 3/4 mile down the edge of a dirt road. WHen I got to the first available phone company pole, I turned the tractor down into the ditch bringing the line next to the pole. I unhooked from the blade and attempted to drive out of the steep ditch up to the road. Part way up the ditch, the front of the tractor started coming off the ground. It happened so fast that all I could do was jump off the back and roll to the side just as the front of the tractor landed next to me. I had a wrecker come out and tip the tractor back upright and towed back to my still shaking wife. I let the oil run back down into the pan for a couple days and started the tractor up to go disc a field. That was 54 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. Someone was on my shoulder that day and he's been with me ever since.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote