Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #15

The adventure of travel, meeting new people, seeing places I've not been and relaxing.

I believe one of the best parts of traveling is the going.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #16

We like to walk/hike. Sitting in a chair at the fire, cooking dinner or just enjoying a good drink. Whatever it takes to chill out.
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Getting away from the TV, radio, telephone... relaxing, creative outdoor grilling and BBQ, fly fishing, hunting, hiking, even waxing and cleaning the RV exterior.

It is said... "God does NOT subtract from ones time on earth that which is spent Flyfishing"... just a thought but I try and use this theory to extend my time every chance I get.

Be safe ... and enjoy travelling
Old 04-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Hiking is what I do. 4 miles in one hour every morning. Rest a bit and then determine what will be the real hike for the day. The real hike is taken quite a bit slower to enjoy the surroundings.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
We carry a Porta Bote on top of the truck and a lot of our adventure centers around fishing. We look for camping spot on a lake or the sound or the ocean if possible. Last winter we spent four months in Florida on the Indian River and we ''went fishin'' a lot. Sometimes we would not go because I was falling out of the boat some of the time due to circumstances which WERE NOT MY FAULT but that is another story (it is a new boat and I think it hates me or something) . In 05 we fished our way to Alaska and back to NC and loved every minute of it.
We also love the ''adventure'' of just going. When possible we run the state roads and see America from the Back Porch so to speak. Our old Pace has hit 111,000 miles and climbing and will continue to do so until gas hits about 6 dollars a gallon. We might put it up on ''cement blocks'' for a while if that happens. We will still go out beside the house and spend the nite in the coach and pretend we are camping.

I am ready to bring our troops home and let the rest of the world mind its own business.
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #20

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
I see all the games at CW, but I have not seen anyone playing them. Well maybe once I saw a group playing Corn Hole. Mexican Train and several of the board games are fun after dinner, but how do you get the others to play? Guess I will just enjoy my lounge chair and the adult beverage.
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We enjoy more than one 'style' of RV travel. First, we've been to and have enjoyed Disney World something like 30 times over the years, but even those trips are usually matched by a week of seeking solitude and scenic beauty at one of Florida's beautiful state or national recreation areas. That leads to our second form of travel, seeking out both familiar and new to us scenic adventures. With Peggy's anticipated retirment next year we hope to spend time out west, the southwest and Texas, as examples. Places we've not had the time, or enough time, to explore. I also enjoy visiting historic sites, although probably a lot more than Peggy does. Lastly, we have recently joined our state FMCA chapter and find we very much enjoy the company and fellowship of like minded RV travel fans. We had been active in a local Shasta owners club 30 years ago, but had not been active with any organized clubs since.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Read, take naps, take walks, bike ride, sit on the beach and listen to the waves. Start all over again.
jprisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The essence of RV'ing (recreational) being a key word would seem to be to recreate, enjoy, relax, refresh, rejuvinate take great pride in doing as much or as little as one might desire at any particular moment.

I tend to allow my aging body, my energy level, my location, and of course DW's desires to motivate me towards the next project or that venerable recliner to dictate the possibilities... I DO NOT EVER TRY AND STUFF AS MUCH INTO THE DAY AS POSSIBLE but rather to extract from each moment that which my desires dictate.

Easy on the throttle, easy on the eyes, easy on the mind, easy on the body. Take only pictures and leave nothing but footprints... noone will remember 2 years from now if you worked 90 hours per week and made a gazillion dollars but died at your desk trying to figure out how to cheat the tax man. I want the grandkidz to remember how we caught and released that beautiful little Native Trout in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, how my own Father and I travelled to childhood destinations to flyfish one last time those streams and rivers he remembers from his youth, how a simple train ride thru the Pacific-Northwest Corridors can send one's soul back to the 1880's when times were much simpler.

Two retirements, two Social Security checks, 6 or 8 big wheels turning... moving onward to the next point of memories and fun...thats how I spend my camping, what I like to do when I am camping, and how I plan to continue... Good Lord willing and DW in the passenger seat with the two small dogs closeby... such is life !!!

I do NOT suffer from mental illness, but rather enjoy it daily !
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #24

Plain old relax, sit outside sometimes and take a nap in my recliner if the weather is half way nice, if not my recliner inside the 5er is always calling my name. We also like to go see the local historic sites wherever we are.
tvman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #25

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post
Getting away from the TV, radio, telephone... relaxing, creative outdoor grilling and BBQ, fly fishing, hunting, hiking, even waxing and cleaning the RV exterior.

It is said... "God does NOT subtract from ones time on earth that which is spent Flyfishing"... just a thought but I try and use this theory to extend my time every chance I get.

Be safe ... and enjoy travelling
you had me until "waxing and cleaning the RV exterior"........

and I do like catch and release fishing......just for the experience of the trip. I would hunt also if there could be that same "catch and release"..........ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'm probably one of the few on this site who really enjoys commercial campgrounds and try to take advantage of all the activities they offer. I also enjoy walking the dogs around and chatting with other dog lovers. Smores on the campfire. I love to shop, especially little Mom and Pop stores though I don't think I've ever taken a trip without a visit to the local WalMart. Just over a year till I go full time with the goal of shopping in a Walmart in every town I stop in. Wonder if there's a way to get on their payroll? Might help finance my trip.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
We visit different types of places. Play all kinds of card, dice and board games. Most you won't find at most stores unless you happen to go to a DnD type gaming store. Most of those stores hold a "Gamesday" at least once a year if not several times a year, doing that allows them to let you learn how to play the games before you buy.
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Please clarify, with or without cloths?
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote