Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #1

In rebuttal to the reporter who asked a presidential candidate at a recent debate, "What do you dislike most about America?"

First off, I cannot imagine a question like that being asked a person who is running for the highest office in the land, leading our country.

Can you imagine John Kennedy being asked such a question? Or Reagan or Roosevelt?

However a Daniel Duchovnik from Walnut Creek, California, wanted to know: What do you dislike most about America?

This thread is an open invitation to post what we LOVE MOST America!

Listen up Daniel!

I love the beauty of America, "purple mountains majesty, above the fruited plains"

I love that I can get in my car and have the freedom to drive across my country without special papers or permission

I love the opportunities to have in America; you can be all you can be if you are willing to work hard for success

I love the variety of choice we have in America

I love that we have the freedom to worship where and what we want

I love that we have the freedom to criticize, protest, join and help reform our government

I love the wit, moxie, and generosity of Americans

I love and appreciate the abundant lifestyle in America

I love....
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #2

In rebuttal to the reporter who asked a presidential candidate at a recent debate, "What do you dislike most about America?"

First off, I cannot imagine a question like that being asked a person who is running for the highest office in the land, leading our country.

Can you imagine John Kennedy being asked such a question? Or Reagan or Roosevelt?

However a Daniel Duchovnik from Walnut Creek, California, wanted to know: What do you dislike most about America?

This thread is an open invitation to post what we LOVE MOST America!

Listen up Daniel!

I love the beauty of America, "purple mountains majesty, above the fruited plains"

I love that I can get in my car and have the freedom to drive across my country without special papers or permission

I love the opportunities to have in America; you can be all you can be if you are willing to work hard for success

I love the variety of choice we have in America

I love that we have the freedom to worship where and what we want

I love that we have the freedom to criticize, protest, join and help reform our government

I love the wit, moxie, and generosity of Americans

I love and appreciate the abundant lifestyle in America

I love....
Old 05-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #3

I guess above all else, I love the fact that we can even entertain a question like this without fear of reprisal. God bless the USA !!
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not quite what you asked, and to old to be remember by some, but just listen to one of the greatest and cleanest comedians in history with a stirring true story.

www.poofcat.com/july.html

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Thank you Bob and Kristi for sharing this strong and moving message. I haven't heard that for years and had forgotten about it. Thank you for bring this back to us.

I am going to send the link to all I know and to my elected officials. Sharing these wonderful words, explained so eloquently by Mr. Red Skelton is a gift for all.

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
You know, human nature has not changed in 4,000 or so years since Moses led the Children of Israel through the wilderness.

It always seems the more we're blessed, instead of being thankful, we find fault with anything that seems to "inconvenient" us, just like the Children of Israel did.

Have you ever noticed how many complainers actually lie about how bad things are, when in reality most of the time things are nowhere nearly as bad as they say? And have you ever noticed that the ones that are really having a hard time complain very little?

We should all take stock of what we have, and be thankful for all of our blessings. We should also make sure that before we complain, the complaint is justified, whether it is with our job, country, or any other part of our life.

I think a lot of people in America have become spoilled brats and ungrateful for what they have when they should be focusing on is really important.

my $.02
ricere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:11 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Outstanding! Haven't heard it for years . . . it means more now than ever!

Thanks for posting it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ruppr:
Not quite what you asked, and to old to be remember by some, but just listen to one of the greatest and cleanest comedians in history with a stirring true story.

Best, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:21 AM   #8

Awesome, thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ruppr:

Best, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-10-2007, 05:22 AM   #9

Amen, ricere

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ricere:
You know, human nature has not changed in 4,000 or so years since Moses led the Children of Israel through the wilderness.

It always seems the more we're blessed, instead of being thankful, we find fault with anything that seems to "inconvenient" us, just like the Children of Israel did.

Have you ever noticed how many complainers actually lie about how bad things are, when in reality most of the time things are nowhere nearly as bad as they say? And have you ever noticed that the ones that are really having a hard time complain very little?

We should all take stock of what we have, and be thankful for all of our blessings. We should also make sure that before we complain, the complaint is justified, whether it is with our job, country, or any other part of our life.

I think a lot of people in America have become spoilled brats and ungrateful for what they have when they should be focusing on is really important.

my $.02 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #10

I love America for it's embrace of diversity!

2002 Newmarr Kountry Star 3566
wynedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
I love America for it's tax's, and the way they are dispursed around the world to all of our friends and commrads in arms.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #12

I love America because we even have the freedom to be stupid, like this comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
I love America for it's tax's, and the way they are dispursed around the world to all of our friends and commrads in arms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Yea, and I even fought for the right to be "stupid" what's your excuse
Oh and by the way, if ya didn't get it, that was said tongue in cheek for whatever it's worth,

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote