Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure which kissimee you were in Gary, but we were there last week as well. Fort wilderness was maybe half full, no problem getting a site at the last minute. Nicest campground I ever stayed in. At $124 a night, cable tv and internet access extra cost options, it better be. Wish I'd had more time to enjoy it.

we did do epcot. Only line we stood in was for soaring. Whole place was practically a ghost town.

this was a week ago thursday, the 17th.

As for hard times... Many I know are unemployed. There are absolutely zero jobs for teens, particularly males. The people shlepping burgers in mcdonalds are 40, married, and have 4 kids. They say real estate is moving again, ya right, moving yes, for half what it was worth 4 years ago. I have 3 properties I'd like to sell, but my 30 plus % equity is gone gone gone. One in partcular is going on the market this spring. Hoping to get away with only paying forty grand to buy off the mortgage.

Friends in the building trades have it the worst. Most are running out of umemployment after 2 years on the dole. They have used their future pension to keep up the payments on their union health insurance, and now both are gone. These people will be losing their homes very soon. There is no construction happening around here, none.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #16

I need to fix up my stick house but I think I'm just throwing good money after bad. If I fix it up, the selling price is still too low and then they come back and re-assess it for more taxes. A working guy doesn't have a chance, let alone one out of work. This next year or two are going to be fun. How about the price of fuel?
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post

Take a look at this receipt. Let me know what you think.
Well I see it's from Menominee, Mi., come a hundred twenty miles farther north and then it really starts to get expensive.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Well I see it's from Menominee, Mi., come a hundred twenty miles farther north and then it really starts to get expensive.
I think the point of the receipt was those lobsters were paid for with Food Stamps. Methinks maybe that person bought those stamps from a precipitant for pennies on the dollar...hope they enjoyed 'em. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
I think the point of the receipt was those lobsters were paid for with Food Stamps. Methinks maybe that person bought those stamps from a precipitant for pennies on the dollar...hope they enjoyed 'em. Bob
Lobster & porterhouse steaks!!!! Dang, they eat better on food stamps than we do! Were do I get my food stamps to by that sort of grub??

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Lobster & porterhouse steaks!!!! Dang, they eat better on food stamps than we do! Were do I get my food stamps to by that sort of grub??

Lori-
Yeah, but that hog dog I just had was mighty tasty...along with the beer! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchardhill
Back last week from 6 flags S>A> ahead of us was a spanish family, husband,wife, 5 kids. Charged it on Texas welfare care. Wen you don't have to pay, the sky is the limit
Wow, citizens of Spain qualify for a Texas "welfare," card? Oh, I guess you meant MEXICAN. Thank God for the Mexican immigrants my friend, they will be funding Social Security & Medicare when all of the baby boomers retire.

Guido
11595gulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
They are spending all the money they are going to save from free health care maybe?

l
Looks like you throw a pretty good party
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
They are spending all the money they are going to save from free health care maybe?

So tell us the story of how you got the receipt

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #24

I would like to personally thank all those folks down here in Florida for spring break. We don't have an income tax and all you nice people are helping to keep us afloat when you pay our sales taxes. If Orlando is to crowded then get off the beaten path. Tampa, Cape Canaveral, South Beach and the Keys are all much different from where ever it is cold. I mention this because even though many of you are coming to the city that a mouse built, our tax revenues are still $3.2 billion short and we will be laying off all manner of public employees. Contrary to popular belief, they have already taken a paycut and are in for a few more.

The original poster mentioned a long wait to get his RV remodeled. I have also found this happening with all types of businesses. No one keeps anything in stock anymore and we all must wait for more things that used to be readily available. While this does help me to save money by not spending it in the first place, I fail to see how this is a good business practice. I don't know if we are becoming a have and have not society, but it sure feels like it. This is just my opinion, I hope I'm wrong.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11595gulf View Post
Wow, citizens of Spain qualify for a Texas "welfare," card? Oh, I guess you meant MEXICAN. Thank God for the Mexican immigrants my friend, they will be funding Social Security & Medicare when all of the baby boomers retire.

Guido
And probably buying a lot of those vacant houses which in turn will begin to bring the values up...at least a little
Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylv View Post
And probably buying a lot of those vacant houses which in turn will begin to bring the values up...at least a little
Depends on the family, but usually not. Main reason is because its usually not just one family living in the house, in most cases its 2-3 families in one home.

I only know this from experience with my in-laws.

The rather small home next door to them sold to a hispanic family. They've since graveled the front yard, side yard and part of the back yard in and on average there are at least 6-7 cars parked there (Using the front yard, side yard and back yard). The house has maybe 2 small bedrooms (its the same floor plan as my in-laws home) and there's at least 10 people there that I've counted as residents.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
I got the drift but did not want to ask any obvious questions
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #28

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:

What do I think? I think the purchases were legal. None of the items listed were prepared food for immediate consumption. Were they wise choices? Not when you have to make that money last for the entire month. The purchases reflect more of a lack of planning by the purchaser than a scam. What do you propose, limiting the card to hamburger, cheese, and store brand cereal?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote