Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #29
ljr

America is exactly what the American people voted for it to become.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
The answer is, do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make the USA *THE* place in the world for corporations to do business.

Businesses are the most predictable entities in the universe. If Acme Widgets can make a widget for $1 less by moving its factory to Mexico, guess what they'll do? Predictible, every time, without fail. If I were a stockholder, I'd expect no less.

This is a GLOBAL market, and a relitively young one. We aren't just competing against the store across town anymore. We need to get businesses to bring the jobs back, AND get foreign companies to come and set up shop here. We currently have the most business-hostile environment in the world. That has to change if we are to recover.
Lower corporate taxes and they will return. America is its own worst enemy........

Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Lower corporate taxes and they will return. America is its own worst enemy........
Yup. Corporate tax rate should be 0%, IMO. At least for a few years. That would make a BIG difference. But tax rates are only part of the equation. Our competitor countries have the luxury of paying less wages than we can possibly pay. We can't pay $10/day for a factory worker. How do we overcome this?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I would rather read the actual documents and writings from the founding fathers than listen to someone else telling me what to think. And here are just some of the sites that have the actual documents and words from our founding fathers. Make up your own mind.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #33
ljr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
YWe can't pay $10/day for a factory worker. How do we overcome this?
By being worth what we are paid.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
I'm not rich but I am comfortable and I EARNED MY WAY MYSELF - no quotas, no special treatment. I have ZERO Tolerance for anyone who injects the Class Warfare, Hate, Envy and Divide card. A veteran of the Cold War and Vietnam who studied our enemy, I recognize those things which eminate from the teachings of Hegel, Marx, Engels, Gramsi, Mao and Alinsky even if those making the insinuation do not! Our country began as a Constitutional Republic and sadly, too many people have no idea what is involved in retaining it and the rights and freedoms it affords!

I too lost much of my savings and investments as a result of the unnesessary rise in fuel prices, the housing market collapse and the market failure. I urge all of you who are so quick to cite bumper sticker slogans to HONESTLY investigate the cause of the 2007 - 2008 fuel price manipulations and the Senate hearing which dropped out of sight as soon as the report was made, the Community Reinvestment Act, [moderator edit] actions of ACORN against the banks who were froced to make bad loans, who benefited from the market collapse - George Soros is on record claiming over $! Billion from shorting the money markets, who else made billions from that market collapse and who is the recipient of the great majority of political funding from those wall streeters who were bailed out at taxpayer expense.

(If I ever wrote a thread killer, this is probably it. However, some things must be said - Political Correctness be damned - PC is nothing but censorship.)

Very well put ! It should not be a thread killer to tell it like it really is.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #35

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljr View Post
By being worth what we are paid.
A simple answer to a complex question. And so, Acme Widgets pays a factory worker in Hypothetistan $10/day to monitor and oil a widget stamper. Here they have to pay a worker $7.25/hour (federal mimimum wage) to do the same job. This is a job that any high-school kid could safely do, but requires undivided attention to perform.

What is the solution? I don't know. Ending the federal minimum wage requirement and allowing the free market to determine wages based on supply/demand and individual performance might be a start.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
I would suggest everyone read Atlas Shrugged... It describes exactly what is happening
in our country today but was written fifty years ago.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #37

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
America is its own worst enemy........
You hit the nail on the head. I've worked in manufacturing for 21 years as an electronic technician and the lack of understanding on how thing work is really amazing. Americans, as a whole, are very self centered and uncaring about anyone else but themselves. We all want to make more money (myself included) but want to pay less and less for what we purchase. I hate to tell ya but it don't work that way. And Wal Mart has done more to kill manufacturing in this country than most realize. I am also an electrician with my own side business. While doing a job at a local winery I was talking with the gentleman in charge of everything. This was just before the economy really tanked so we were talking about the state of the country and economy. He once was in upper management with a textile company here in NC. They sold mostly to mom and pop shops and finally got in with Wal Mart and were really excited for the extra business. Well the mom and pop shops started calling and complaining that WM was selling the same product cheaper that they could buy it. WM doesn't negotiate a price, they dictate it and it must continue to decrease. When this company told WM that they couldn't manufacture at the price WM dictated, WM proceed to tell them what country to move to so that they could and, well, they did and put a lot of local people out of work. I absolutely HATE going to WM but don't have any other choice because since WM has moved in everything else has closed down. If we as American's don't wake up and do something, it's going to be too late. I'll be the first to say I don't know what the answer is if there even is one at this point. Sorry this got long winded but had to be said. Somewhere along the line the government officials (Dem. AND Rep.) whored themselves out to the highest bidder and it seems there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Folks,
We have closed this thread because it's content is not in keeping with our Community Rules.

Thank you for understanding.

Closed Thread