Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #85

Yes...I'm a veteran, and dang proud of it. No...I didn't get in trouble with the law, and had to go in the service. No...I didn't try and skip the country. No...my number wasn't called. No...I didn't want a change of venue. Yes...My parents were very smart people, they showed me the front door and said sign up. Yes...the best decision and 4 years of my life. (US Navy) BRING BACK THE DRAFT

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #86

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Someone who gets my thanks every time I spot one.

1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotebrooks View Post
I served 37 years and look what Congress and the President wants to do with our health care (Tricare). BAST___!!!!! Starting in 1972.

Wiley
Not to go too far off topic ... what's going on with Tricare?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:15 PM   #88
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtj60 View Post
Not to go too far off topic ... what's going on with Tricare?
Nothing has happened yet that I am aware of (except some fee increases). The recent buzz is about a panel recommendation to privatize TriCare:
Panel urges shift away from Tricare, pension plans for military - News - Stripes

"...The panel also proposed the military eliminate the Tricare health insurance program and replace it with more private options.
The military’s insurance program has decreased in quality and become more expensive in recent years, the panel found. Many survey respondents complained about difficulties getting care and a lack of continuity in their health care.
A health insurance system similar to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program could save money and provide up to 250 alternatives, with a minimum of 11 plans for rural areas and dozens for metropolitan areas, the panel reported..."

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #89

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will not get into a discussion on why our current congress wants to privatize everything save to say they worship at teh church of the almighty dollar.

Perhaps a few years as a Private might change their outlook..

For Kenn Chan ... Remember Kenn,, God is love,, anything that can be used in evidence against you is HATE. Do not worship at that alter.

That said.. Yes,, it is not easy avoiding that option where they are concerned.. I kind of wonder why the church still stands, I mean one tiny accident and...
Old 02-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #90

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryhawkins View Post
USAF 6714 served from 61-68. Basic training San Antonio Texas to Columbus Mississippi to Izmir Turkey to Charleston SC. I think anyone running for President must have served at least two years for the Military builds Character and a Respect for our flag and our Country that I am not seeing today from a lot of our leaders starting at the top. Just my opinion God Bless Our Troops And God Bless America Land Of Brave And Home Of The Free Because Of Our Veterans !!!!!
x2.
TurtleKent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #91

Tiffin Owners Club
Navy WAVE checking in B4756**W hadn't thought of that number is a long time. 1970-1976

USAF checking in 1969-1972
Phu Cat, Danang, Pleiku - Vietnam 1970-71
chiavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I will not get into a discussion on why our current congress wants to privatize everything save to say they worship at teh church of the almighty dollar.

Perhaps a few years as a Private might change their outlook..

For Kenn Chan ... Remember Kenn,, God is love,, anything that can be used in evidence against you is HATE. Do not worship at that alter.

That said.. Yes,, it is not easy avoiding that option where they are concerned.. I kind of wonder why the church still stands, I mean one tiny accident and...

No worries, that was my tongue in cheek poke fun at several directions in once answer. (westborough babtist freaks, a few tin hat wearing friends, and general conspiracy theorists). In 47 years I have only hated one person, and that was myself for the stupidity of my youth. I got over it eventually and currently do not hate anyone though some of the politicians do try me now and again

cheers
Old 02-28-2015, 07:34 AM   #93

Winnebago Owners Club
USMC 3rd marines div 1968 - 1971
Old 03-13-2015, 03:57 AM   #94

What is a veteran

I served proudly from 1968 to 1988, I find I quite often now get words of thank you for my service when wearing my U.S. Army Retired baseball cap. Sure didn't get that from very many people until just recently. Like op have said sure didn't get that when I came home from Nam.
dvkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #95

United States Navy 492-88-57 June 1957-July 1987
Some of the best years of my life. Would go back tomorrow if asked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	97873  
Old 07-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #96

I still remember the SN of the service pistol I carried in Iraq the first time. Wish I could have figured out a way to keep that one!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #97

Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdsgone2dogs View Post
My dad was a WWII, Korea, VietNam vet...served 31 yrs,Army Air Corp/ USAF
Hubby served USAF 27 yrs 1966-1993
I served USAF 4 yrs 1980-1984
I also liked to think that my mom served too, tho she never wore a uniform...she went thru three wars with my dad, had three children and they survived it all...
Trust me, she DID serve. As did my wife through 21+ years.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #98

Eye glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
You probably can. I went to a VA Rep that is provided by our county and got an appointment to have my hearing tested. It took a while to get in but I now have state of the art hearing aids from the VA.

My hearing loss is in the range of turbine engines and gunfire. Yours probably is as well.

The VFW as well as The American Legion also have VA Reps to help you with the VA red tape.

I was in the VA a while ago getting glasses, and they had a sign posted that said your spouse, AND KIDS (no age limit) are qualified for glasses at the rate of $29.00 per pair plus that applicable state tax. You have to chose from the somewhat smaller selection than what you will see at a large store, but they had some nice frames. The only catch is that they won't do the eye exam for your spouse/kids. So what? They eye exam at Costco is really reasonable, and $29.00 glasses?!? Got glasses for my wife, and three kids, one of whom is 25 years old!