Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #155

National RV Owners Club
I just got this from a neice. Perhaps out of this we can all come together and make a difference. RI Teacher Says"I Quit!" - YouTube I believe this is only one place to start.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #156

The mentally ill have rights too u know ?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #157

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The mentally ill have rights too u know ?
Perhaps that is part of the problem
Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #158
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
I just got this from a neice. Perhaps out of this we can all come together and make a difference. RI Teacher Says"I Quit!" - YouTube I believe this is only one place to start.
Wonderful video! I'm sure there are other teachers out there who feel the same.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #159

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvluvin View Post
there's many reasons and causes to all this crazyness. One thing that continually come to mind everytime i hear about somethink like this is that my life now and growing up is so much better than what my parents experianced. Same goes for my children, they had it better and easier than me. Each generation naturally wants it better for the next, but i think is has gotten too good and too easy. It's to the point that they get almost every thing they want. They don't experiance dissapointment or rejection. We hate to see them dissapointed and try to make it better. There not allowed to be teased or bullied. There can't be a looser in anything. There much less disapline, every think is too good. Small disapointments in life are very big issues for young adults, because every think has been too good and come too easy. God forbid, the house isn't cool or warm enough. Fridges & panteries fill with food, and they'll complaine theres nothing to eat.

I not sure where i'm going with this but i'll end it with this thought. My father had to go outside in the morning and chop wood, light a fire in the stove, go to the chicken coop to get a couple of eggs in order to eat something for breakfast. The work involved for my childred would be to select from a varaity of frozen items and pop it in the micro, and took it all for granted.

I'm not blaming anyone, just my observation of the situation, and i fear this will come full circle before this issue resolves itself, and somewhere along the way, one generation is going to have to suffer.
very well said.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
Old 12-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #160

Fleetwood Owners Club
Connecticut has some of the strictest laws in the country,plus all schools are "gun free zones" so more laws are not going to accomplish anything-you can't enforce the laws that are in the books now!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #161
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
I wish he called up the shooter first.
I wish he had too. But I can't comprehend his larger plans. I keep my faith despite the evil that tries to shake it.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #162
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
Wish I was there to help get him there first.
I wish I could have had the opportunity to help him along too. But who knew what he was planning. Knowing what he was planning I would have no hesitation.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #163

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I wish he had too. But I can't comprehend his larger plans. I keep my faith despite the evil that tries to shake it.

Mass shooting of innocent kindergarten children is proof enough for me that we are alone on this planet. If this was his plan I don't want to see his larger plan.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #164
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Mass shooting of innocent kindergarten children is proof enough for me that we are alone on this planet. If this was his plan I don't want to see his larger plan.
I am sorry we have differing oppinions on faith, but I respect your oppinion. I choose to keep my faith. God bless!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I am sorry we have differing oppinions on faith, but I respect your oppinion. I choose to keep my faith. God bless!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #166
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Political correctness has gone too far. Yes everyone has rights, but not to the point that they push into others rights. The people that are mentally challenged (PC for nut case) need help. If they refuse help, they need to be locked away from anyone that they could hurt, if they have that inclination. This is what was done in the past, even when they did not have the treatment options that we have now.

My 2 cents worth.

Ken
Old 12-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #167
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
The Political correctness has gone too far. Yes everyone has rights, but not to the point that they push into others rights. The people that are mentally challenged (PC for nut case) need help. If they refuse help, they need to be locked away from anyone that they could hurt, if they have that inclination. This is what was done in the past, even when they did not have the treatment options that we have now.

My 2 cents worth.

Ken
Ken,

There are many levels and types of mental illness. I wish it was so easy. Not all are nut cases as you would label them. If it was that easy we would not have these problems. Many slip under the radar or families try to cope with issues in the fear of unthinkable options.

I keen no disrespect but we spend too much on lazy members of society who could be productive and the ones that need the help are secondary to those looking for handouts.

Just my .02

Old 12-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #168

A PREDICTION:

There will be a new gun law that will be stacked on top of the gun laws that are already poorly enforced, and the lawless perps will still have or get guns, or a machete, or fertilizer for a bomb, etc....
And the mentally challenged will not get help.
And parenting will continue to diminish.

AND THE KIDS WILL STILL NOT BE PROTECTED!

Sombody....give me some hope.

Just sayin.....

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread