Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #43
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This was a very very sad day for America today, My thoughts and prayers go out to these families and these children. My thoughts and prayers go out for the first responders to this horrific crime as well. 20 small lives were taken today and I can't fathom the thought of entering that scene! Having been involved in the fire service for 20 years I've seen my share of tragedy but not anything like this.
It really sickens me for what a spineless worthless society we've become for the fact that we cannot face the true cause of these problems which is of course the criminal element and the mentaly unstable of society. [moderator edit]
Until we put these two elements of society back into their proper perspectives and deal with them as we must, nothing will ever change and these types of henious crimes will continue.
The end result here is that "we" the good people of this country will just keep paying the price by having our rights taken and our lives kept in turmoil.

I just can't get the thought of those 20 children out of my mind!

Just my thoughts on a very tragic event.

Going down that long lonesome highway,Bound for the mountains and the plains
Michael Parks / Then Came Bronson - 1969
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
There are no words for the heartache I feel for the families & communities impacted by the senseless violence that took so many innocent lives today & in past similar incidences.

I can only offer up my prayers to send spiritual comfort at this tragic time & in the difficult days ahead.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #45
I am sick about this. Having children this age makes me even more upset.

Whether intentional or not, when media outlets repeatedly publish pictures and information about the murderer, they are creating an "idol" for the next sick @&$% to usurp. The focus needs to be on the victims and families, not the perpetrators and the act.
Spinner & Gang
2000 MADP ISC350 2003 Jeep Liberty toad
"Working towards the next vacation!"
Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I keep thinking of those poor mothers and fathers tonight...looking at that empty room where their baby slept...just last night. And probably the wrapped toys under the tree. How can they stand that pain. Such senseless tragedy.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

Old 12-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
IT's a tragedy. My heart goes out to all the innocents involved.

Random murder of anyone is tragic, but to pick children as your intended victims. This goes so far beyond my ability to comprehend that I can't even offer an opinion on the why.

A coworker's son form our Danbury office was in the the classroom next door and his other child in the same building. I can't begin to imagine what was going through his mind as he raced to the school to get his children.

He (my coworker( sat next to the principle last night at the 4th grade concert. From such a joyous event to the senseless rampage of a coward in such a short span of time.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
Old 12-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #48
Monaco Owners Club
This sickens me and I can only hope that something major is done to help prevent this from ever happening again. At the very least there needs to be an open discussion. ( not here of course because it is not allowed)
2008 HR 340 Cummins, Vacationer XL
Old 12-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #49
I debated on a reply. As my screen name says, I am a FF/Medic. I am about to go home to my babies after a LONG 24 hour shift.
I had a patient that was so distraught over this whole business, he had to go to the ER. We are in SC.
I feel for my brothers and sisters that responded to the call. It will be a part of them. It will hurt and they will cry.
Folks, WE have to find a solution. WE are all to blame. WE have allowed society to go ... and with change.
I am 41 and I fear what the future holds. I am afraid for my girls. Daddy can only fix so much.

Off my soap box.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
I debated on a reply. As my screen name says, I am a FF/Medic. I am about to go home to my babies after a LONG 24 hour shift.
I had a patient that was so distraught over this whole business, he had to go to the ER. We are in SC.
I feel for my brothers and sisters that responded to the call. It will be a part of them. It will hurt and they will cry.
Folks, WE have to find a solution. WE are all to blame. WE have allowed society to go ... and with change.
I am 41 and I fear what the future holds. I am afraid for my girls. Daddy can only fix so much.

Off my soap box.
My heart also goes out to those first responders and families. This is such a horrific thing that happen. Lets all pray for these people they need this right now.
Al & Katie
2005 Excursion 39L Cat C7 350 HP
Retired 33 years NOFD and survived Katrina
Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #51
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
I whole heartedly agree. Our kids, who are both in their late 20's now, were not allowed to watch any type of tv, go to any shows, or hang out with other kids whose parents didn't have similiar standards such as ours. We made sure to take the necessary time to be parents and not expect someone else or group to do it.

I further think that the entertainment industry, consisting of all types of venue, have failed miserably in producing good clean products for the publics consumption.

Additionally, why does the news media have to report for days/weeks on end of such unsavory deeds. There are to many nut cases out there that feed off of this.
Being raised on a ranch things were different for me , we were more interested in being parents then being there best friend and teach them what to do and what not to do in life to many people these days loose track of parenting they come and go not taking the time to sit and pay attention or just to talk to there kids they get to caught up in the every day life and forget what family is theres something to be said about time with the family and kids society is loosing track of this but ,Same here i agree me and the wife tryed to raise our kids with old fashioned values. All we can do as parents is pray that when they go out into the world they take the knowledge and respect for people and life that we tryed to instill in them and use it without society taking over.Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims familys.
Tom & Christi Rae Sutler
Freightliner club member
Goodsam club member
Old 12-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #52
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm shocked, and sickened. This is way beyond my comprehension level. My thoughts are with the families of those sweet innocent children.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #53
Absolutely horrific and unimaginable. Can't even imagine what those parents are feeling.
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #54
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We can all go back and remember the easy lives of our childhood. As stated, we lived very differently. we didn't have to lock the doors when we left the house, nor the car doors when we went somewhere and parked.

In the present: we live in fear.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #55
I work in a school district of 26 schools and 13,000 kids. As I read the stories out of Connecticut yesterday, I am overwhelmed by respect for fellow educators who protected kids & parents by acting quickly. I was in two schools yesterday - an elementary school and a middle school - and encountered dozens of teachers and other school staff who would do what they know is necessary to protect the kids in an instance. Thank a teacher, hug a child, and reach out to someone no one else is.
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ
1999 American Cruiser RE2000
Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #56
[moderator edit] There will be even more laws and stiffer penalties about things like this. And there will be a push for "security" so that now elementary schools will be more like prison camps than ever. Think it's good for little kids to go to schools with armed guards walking around, police dogs, metal detectors, etc?

But if we want a real solution, then we need to start talking about the identification, treatment and tracking of the mentally ill. Yes, there really are crazy people out there. They are not evil, but are sick. All other noise about causes and effects of why this happened are just that, noise. We must do something about the mentally ill, and it will cost big money. And I'm not talking about locking them up. I'm talking about getting and keeping them on their meds. Or in treatment facilities if they need it. How do we do that without stampeding people's rights? I have no idea. Maybe raising awareness, having services available, etc. Maybe this incident will wake people up.

Closed Thread