Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Very very sad.

I am under the firm opinion (contrary to popular belief) that humans are animals and of the most vicious kind on earth. All one has to do is look at our history. We have killed millions of others for no more than reason than their looks or beliefs, mostly the later. We somehow think we have become more civilized, but I see no evidence of it anywhere.

Never saw animals or heard of them killing each other because they were different, only to the extent to survive in the most minimal way. To to say I'm human, I'm better and smarter is all part of the problem. Yes some of us have the right idea but certainly all don't.

Then you have genetics. Mother Nature has experimented for 3 billion years and more life has went extinct than there are species are on earth now. Mental illness is certainly a big part of genetics and incidents like this and it will NEVER go away.

So, do we be human and start exterminating those that are not the norm, or be civilized, build more jails, mental institutions and let them in and out to be nice and give them a few more chances?

I'm afraid we are failing miserably as a society that can sustain all life on earth indefinitly. Certainly no easy answers and none of the 6 billion people will ever agree to. We are human and stuck with that.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #58
laj

I can certainly understand where your beliefs, and position comes from by the content of your post

Old 12-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #59

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
My stomach is in a knot. My condolences to those affected. It's almost like a one-upmanship on the part of the perpetrators. Time will tell if this was planned before or after Colorado.
The Columbine incident occurred many years ago. If it was a causal factor, this murderer was very slow.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
Old 12-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
I can certainly understand where your beliefs, and position comes from by the content of your post
Good, then you know I'm ashamed of our murderous history and the reasons for it. Maybe we need the Dark Ages again, more inquisitions and a few witch burnings thrown in.

I'm sorry, but history speaks for itself and I see no end in site. A good look in the Middle East should give anyone a clue. I don't have any suggestions as this is too complicated when you look at the big picture. I just call it as I see it and look at the record of our history. It actually turns my stomach.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #61

You have 24/7 talking heads on Fox, Chicken Noodle News and any other news channels feeding the warped minds of the nut jobs who think this is a way to get publicity. There are more people than ever and naturally more nut jobs than ever. Don't cave in to fear. Be strong for your kids. Don't let the terrorists and nut jobs rule your life. It is not congress, they need to separate church from state sensibly. I don't want my kids praying to a cow if we had a Hindu president or congress. I believe if we had 24/7 news during WW2 we would be speaking German and Japanese now. The overwhelming majority of people are sane, don't let a nut mess up your mind. Be strong for the children, they learn from you. Pray and have empathy for the families.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
The Columbine incident occurred many years ago. If it was a causal factor, this murderer was very slow.

I was talking about James Holmes.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #63
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, we understand the need to discuss this issue, but posts that are not in compliance with our rules will be removed; political, religion and firearms.

Thanks.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #64

It is really sad but we have gone from families where the dad works 1 job and mom takes care of the kids to one where there is no dad or he is working 2 jobs to make ends meet or both parents are working 2 jobs so the kids get no attention or direction.

[moderator edit] They have no morals or any direction on how to live their lives.

The kids are now left alone to fend for themselves so what do we expect? They are crying out for attention and direction but no one is listening because they are all too busy trying to survive.

This I believe is the root of the problem and until it is fixed we will see many more shootings.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I keep thinking of those poor mothers and fathers tonight...looking at that empty room where their baby slept...just last night. And probably the wrapped toys under the tree. How can they stand that pain. Such senseless tragedy.
I have great sorrow for this senseless mayhem.
But I now think of the school district in TX where teachers are trained and allowed to be armed. And I wonder what the outcome of this new incident could have been.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #66

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Someone commented on what's being shown on today's media.. I think the Media is in large part to blame, not small, large. I mean how many of you now know the name of the killer? (I have seen it but refuse to "know" it). These people know that they pull a murder like this they are going to be headlines for days on end.

I think the media should, as a group, decide that when someone goes on a killing spree (Say more than 2 victims, heck more than ZERO) they should be identified publically only as "The killer" never by name, NEVER by name,, No interviews with the neighbors, NOTHING about their lives, NO fame at all.. Focus on the victims, not the criminal.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Someone commented on what's being shown on today's media.. I think the Media is in large part to blame, not small, large. I mean how many of you now know the name of the killer? (I have seen it but refuse to "know" it). These people know that they pull a murder like this they are going to be headlines for days on end.

I think the media should, as a group, decide that when someone goes on a killing spree (Say more than 2 victims, heck more than ZERO) they should be identified publically only as "The killer" never by name, NEVER by name,, No interviews with the neighbors, NOTHING about their lives, NO fame at all.. Focus on the victims, not the criminal.
Don't know if this would work or not but I'm all for trying it.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I thought this might apply as being close to the truth so I am reposting,
Quote:
Chris Fisher

S
o True... Morgan Freeman's statement about these random shootings....

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care
center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research[moderator edit]."
Thanks mods.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I have great sorrow for this senseless mayhem.
But I now think of the school district in TX where teachers are trained and allowed to be armed. And I wonder what the outcome of this new incident could have been.
This is the only way to stop this type of senseless mayhem. The swat teems look good on the evening news, but time they get there its all over but the crying. The killers still may kill some, but not near as many, or as easily. We need protection on the spot, as these acts go very quickly.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #70
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Don't know, but I was able to 'unbold'.

Quote:
Moderators, why can I not turn off the 'bold' in the above. I tried but to no avail. Can someone help a guy out?

Closed Thread