Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What is going on in this country?

Now a shooting at an Elementary School in Conn. Kindergartners killed, I just don't get what is going on here anymore. How I feel for the families involved here. God be with them. This violence has to stop.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #2

It is the sign of the times, and the unraveling of our society and the world that so many in this forum, and the nation, are slowly beginning to recognize and realize - there is more and worse that will most certainly surface as the decline continues, whether some refuse to believe it or not...

This is NOT the nation, and world we enjoyed so few decades past - and denial won't make it any better...

Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Please do not allow this tragic situation to deteriorate into a weapons issue as such responses will be deleted otherwise please feel free to express your grief or opinions.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 12-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Such a sad day where ever you are. I can't imagine the heartache and pain those parents will endure.

What is driving these animals to do such things?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #5

The true sadness of this horrific event should create a real national dialogue about violence and the overall situation in our world. People who lived on the edge of society and may have fantasized about such heinous acts now seem more willing to go through with it. The root causes of this societal shift are many. Fixing them will be very hard given the overall lack of decency and morals in our country and the world.

Resources and the basic needs of life are being sequestered into the hands of the "elite" of the world. Even for most of us "normal" people in the USA life is tougher than it used to be. Fewer jobs, lower wages, longer hours (if you're lucky enough to be employed), and a general sense of doom are real issues too. I know too many people who feel the same way - what happened to the easier, less stressful life for this country?

Support mechanisms to help people in trouble are vanishing as funding for them dries up. The population and carrying capacity of the planet are unchecked and can not be sustained. This kind of madness was bound to occur and will only get worse until all of humanity has a serious reassessment of how we conduct ourselves...

Incredibly sad day... Many people were needlessly killed today and no one in a position of power will address the root causes of our country's decline. How many more tragedies will it take???
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #6

My stomach is in a knot. My condolences to those affected. It's almost like a one-upmanship on the part of the perpetrators. Time will tell if this was planned before or after Colorado.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We just had our first deletion. Please heed the previous post asking to keep weapons and I 'll add politics out of this discussion.
Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #8

Why, why, why not just use one round.......on themselves.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can't understand these actions at all but why sweet, sweet babies?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #10

My prayers go out to the families...I cannot understand...
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
I read about this earlier but it did not address the number of children and adults murdered. When I saw the numbers and the fact that many were children I actually started crying.
Bear with me as I offer my root cause opinion of these senseless murders. First off everyone is on the band wagon on overweight children and are laying the blame on the food at the schools. This is not the problem. A lot of children today rush home and break out the play stations and other machines that let them interact in mass killings. They spend hours on these videos. They no longer play outside and interact with the neighbor kids running and playing games as most of us did.
It is my sincere belief that because of these senseless violent videos not only have we raised overweight children but we have also desensitized them towards others by allowing them to spend hours on these games.

I would like to know if this person and the others had violent videos.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
I read about this earlier but it did not address the number of children and adults murdered. When I saw the numbers and the fact that many were children I actually started crying.
Bear with me as I offer my root cause opinion of these senseless murders. First off everyone is on the band wagon on overweight children and are laying the blame on the food at the schools. This is not the problem. A lot of children today rush home and break out the play stations and other machines that let them interact in mass killings. They spend hours on these videos. They no longer play outside and interact with the neighbor kids running and playing games as most of us did.
It is my sincere belief that because of these senseless violent videos not only have we raised overweight children but we have also desensitized them towards others by allowing them to spend hours on these games.

I think there's a lot of truth in this. I'd be amazed if there are many 20 year old males in this country who haven't been raised on violent video games. Seems to me that a strong case could be made that constant exposure to these might subconsciously somehow "cheapen" life.

If there's a strong parental and church presence and kids are instilled with the proper values, it probably isn't an issue but when taken in combination....

So sad.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A Clockwork Orange.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post

My thoughts exactly!! I might add all the violent movies and musical lyrics that are available to kids. We used to have censorship.