Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #183
Well I'll add my .02 30 years in the Marine Corps, 6 years as a Cop, Chief of police, here in Chaffee. Nine years OTR Owner Operator truck driver, USA Truck, CFI Trucking, and Landstar which I loved. Heart attack and bypass surgery in 2005 ended all that and now fully recovered I write gospel music, play the Bass Guitar, Acoustic and my Strat, and will play and sing anywhere I get the chance, you are invited to join in

Love people, love to talk to others in the RV community, love to learn and Love the Lord.
Course, LOVE MY WIFE of 47.5 years

Happy Trails

MGySgt USMC(R) 1961-1991
2001 Fleetwood Expedition
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sierra Toad
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #184
well; for nearly thirty years i've been a Parts Counterman. at least until last October, when i was laid off. since then i've become a statistic. one more of the chronically unemployed, unable to secure a job at all in this economy. the savings are gone; the 401k is gone; the chance that i might be able to save my home of 16 years is fading fast...
yet, the President says we're enjoying record low unemployment.....
yeah.... i suppose when a half million people no longer qualify for UI they're magically "employed" again. tell me another one, Barry. that last one was a knee-slapper.

raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #185
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Worked at 3 major computer manufacturers (company 1 was swallowed up by company 2 who was then eaten by company 3) doing software support for over 22 years. Laid off when the work our group was doing was sent to Central America. Got my CDL-B from a local school bus company. Worked part time for them then got a job in a 3-man road department for a small rural town with 60 miles of roads. Did that job for almost 4 years before I decided it was time to leave. Joined my wife in the local school system and work as a paraprofessional so we have the same vacations and summers off. We also owned and operated our own limousine business for 3 years in there somewhere.

The last two years we have been 'practicing' our retirement jobs by working a variety of jobs at a local 1-mile oval track doing infield security and corner working when time allows. We use the Winnie for lodging at the race track when we work there.
1975 Winnebago Chieftain - 25'
1977 Tonka Mighty Winnebago - 23"
dburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #186
Where to start!? I've been earning money since I was 9. Started trapping during season at age 9 and did so for about 12 years, mowing at 10, paper route at age 11 for 4 years, hayfields every summer at age 12. My dad did carpentry as a sideline so starting helping him for pay at age 12. Construction after my JR. year of high school (boy did that build me up for football), then Kroger's while in college.
After college I went into police work for 4+ years, then contracting. Next was advertising sales in Alaska and then home in VA for several years, then back to construction (carpentry, equip. operator, asst. foreman.) I also did saddle repair for a number of years as a sidleine and raised quarter horses.
In 1990 I went to work for Corning and just retired from there after 22 years.
Randy1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #187
Joined the Army after my first year of college. Spent four years in the intelligence field. Got out and finished my college degree and went to work in management. Didn't take me long to figure out I didn't like being in an office behind a desk. Went into sales and never looked back. Started in commercial real estate about ten years ago and somewhere along the way decided to start my own company. Figure I've got about fifteen more years and the my beautiful bride and I can really,star to use our Motorhome.
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
2005 Chevy Z71 Suburban
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #188
Mine will be the shortest . High school worked at a paintball field then outta high school I worked as a fabricator for 6 months and then for the last 4 years I did my RV service technican apprenticeship and now journeyman rc service tech and well at the age of 22 here I am
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #189
Originally Posted by srzak View Post
Was a equipment operator with a mass transit in Calif for over 20 years. Now retired. Kids grown.its me wife 2 dogs and 2 cats. Feels like a zoo at times
My wife and I also live in Vacaville
Dave and Laura & two cats
02 Discovery with Accord toad
retired auto rv tech and teacher, wife rt nurse
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #190
Originally Posted by Greger View Post
Mine will be the shortest . High school worked at a paintball field then outta high school I worked as a fabricator for 6 months and then for the last 4 years I did my RV service technican apprenticeship and now journeyman rc service tech and well at the age of 22 here I am
Congradulations, you have a good start. Learn all you can from the old guys. Do good work be fair to people and in a few years you will probably own your own shop. Take it easy. It is a long road to the end and retirement. Enjoy that long road, it is a journey.
oldbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #191
Letter Press Operater For 35 Years, School Bus Driver 7 Years, ALL positions in Cub Scouts,, Last one Distric Vic Chairman.. 30 Years
Retired in 2007
kekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #192
I spent 32 years in the restaurant business and the last couple of years as a classroom teacher. Enjoy not having to work 65 to 70 hours per week now and can enjoy the summers.

2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote