Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #43
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
- 24 years active duty Army, mostly flying R/W and F/W aircraft.
- Five years as a District Manager for a national security company.
- Last eight years, flew a corporate jet and taught flying.

2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #44

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Five years as CPA. Twenty-eight years CFO for employee-owned (ESOP) building materials dealer. Retired at 59 and 1/2.

2014 Entegra Cornerstone 45K, Spartan K3 Chassis,
Cummins ISX 600HP, Allison 4000

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well,lessee now,4 years in USAF, SAC '62-'66,inflight refueling operator on KC-97G's.Retired after 31 years in Teamsters as an industrial laundry driver with Overall Laundry services,now Aramark.Retired from that in '98 and went to work for Bremerton schools as a bus driver and retired from that in '08 and am back there as a sub and work pretty much as I want.I volunteer as a member of our local community council,on the finance comm of the school dist and am involved in several county park stewardship groups as well as being the chrp of the Kitsap county Parks and Rec advisory board.
Kind of busy,but lovin' it.The DW is doing a lot of babysitting with the new GD here in town and so that tends to cut down on the trips time.
'01 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
2011 Jeep Liberty
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #46
Newmar Owners Club
Educated as a Mechanical Engineer. Did that for a couple of years and then went into sales (office and computer equipment). Invented, deployed and managed 3 business for a Fortune 10 company. The last business took 14 years of a 38 year career. It started making a profit in the 7th year. This was as good as Ten Turner. It took him 7 years to turn a profit at CNN. The business was Internet commerce in third world countries. I like to say I was involved in the Internet before Al Gore invented it. The joke was my territory was any country where the inhabitants were still shooting at each other. I've had more close calls than I care to remember.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #47
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Wow, what a diverse group! I taught high school Earth Science for 30 years. Then I became the district science coordinator for the next three years before I retired. I got to help about 57 young science teachers who mostly replaced my colleagues who retired just before I did. I was fortunate to have a job that I enjoyed and was proud of for 33 years.
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #48
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
Originally Posted by Abnmarine View Post
Twenty-two years active military. I'll be retiring next year and moving back to the mainland. Not sure what I'll do or where we will live but will figure it out. I've always looked forward to retiring but wonder how the change will feel since the military has become a huge part of my life.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!! People like you are why we all have the freedom to enjoy good life
Thane & Sharon
shortlance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
25 years Active Army from Cavalry soldier through medic to nurse, retired in 2006 Loved the military lifestyle- multiple opportunities for education, adventure and never had to do the same job more than 3 years. Some scary times during the wars but still miss it. I started my new career right after retirement as Safety & Occupational Health Manager at a US Army Hospital
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #50

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow! A great and interesting amount of diversity here! Fascinating!

In high school I worked at the local elevator from 3-5 and the grocery store from 5-9 my sophomore and junior years during school. Ran good old Massey Ferguson 760 and 750 combines during wheat harvest in the summers.

College in California-Fullerton worked part time for AFSA (Academic Financial Services Association) maintenancing student loans (phone and banking) for SLMA (Student Loan Marketing Association) and my Uncle's concrete company (glorified bookkeeper). Returned to Ks, billing/order inventory (accounting clerk) for IBP (now Swift).

Moved to Colorado Springs (bookkeeper) GC at the Air Force Academy/Peterson AFB. I and the estimator went out and started our own Company doing smaller (300,000 and under) tenant finish type work for the Air Force Academy, all bid contract work for about 10 years.

Moved to DFW area in 1992 went to work and currently at a family owned general contractor working in civil/bridge/Corps type work (controller/CFO). We do work across the southern states. I am close enough from the office to go home for lunch to let my kids out!

Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
2003 Newmar Scottsdale
1997 Harley FLHT
damdannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #52
Fleetwood Owners Club
4 years in the USMC, 35 years as a Farmer and 15 years as a PUC Contractor. Last 5 years doing my part trying to use up SS, and wear out my golf clubs.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #53
32 years Navy civilian engineering. first 10 as a production engineer on weapons systems, then 4 years in product development, 8 years in C4I experimentation, some space stuff, JSF/F-35 as a consultant, then a couple years as a branch head and now a division head.

3 to go and I'm done. Starting to figure out my next career.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #54
i was a union boilermaker kansas city then local 182 salt lake city, utah. retired in 2008. enjoyed the traveling thru the years
misterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #55
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
USAF 21 years - first nine as aircraft mechanic, then flight engineer for 12 years flying on C-54, C-118, then C-141. Retired in 1983; worked three years as Maintenance Trainer for a city bus company, then another 15 years in training department for a fighter aircraft manufacturer. Spent a couple of years developing e-learning for a major accounting/consulting firm, then back into aerospace for five years for a helicopter manufacturer. Retired in 2007, stayed home nine days, then went back to the helicopter manufacturer two days a week, then another two days at my former job with the aircraft manufacturer. Finally "really" retired last October.
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
2000 Itasca Horizon 36LD, 300 Cat
2006 Honda CR-V Toad
gfs1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #56
I was very fortunate to work for only one company during my 38 year career in manufacturing management, marketing, program management, and finally Plant manager. My company had a very attractive retire plan so I was able to retire in 1995 at 55. I also had a 23 year parallel career as an Officer in the Iowa National Guard, Signal Corps and Infantry assignments.
Probably couldn't do this today with only a High School education.

RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote