Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #57
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seven years in the military (USMC and Army captain), 25 years as public schools teacher and high school principal and asst. supt. After retirement, professor at state univ. in NC and dean at the Univ. of Arkansas. Finally retired full-time and "hit the road" for 4 years when wife "forced" me let her go back to work!! She is still in the "harness" as a professor in the dental school here in KY. She is getting "antsy" again to get back on the road full-time. So, a larger MH is in the future - I think!

One of the great aspects of RVing is the diverse backgrounds of the wonderful people you meet while traveling. Also, the help one can receive from talented individuals who are almost all willing and knowledgeable to lend a hand with just about any problem that happens to occur.

bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #58
Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
I spent 9 yrs. in Army aviation, 12 years in automotive sales, and then retired after 18 years as a Boeing aircraft inspector.

Looking for a part-time job to support my money pit. Not much call for a 70 yr. old Boeing inspector in the little town of Wenatchee (E. side of Seattle).

Fred, US Army Aviation, 61-70
2002 Itasca Winnebago Ford V10
frederick w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
20+ years active duty Navy, 7 years defense contractor senior software engineer for Naval Weapons Systems, 7 years Manager Software Configuration for cruise line. Retired because executive management wanted unrealistic results with unrealistic resources (personnel & equipment).
Lynda & Ronny Sarasota, Florida
2005 DutchStar DP 3809
Sammy (Brussels Griffon\Maltese)
TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #60
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Four years in the Navy aboard a Destroyer. Several years in line management positions with small electronics manufacturers. Thirteen years in small mechanical manufacturing company as VP. Twenty-five years in my self created accounting/tax & small business consulting firm. Sold the business six years ago and retired except for part-time on-line tax work.
Have been RVing for over 35 years. Sold our house about a year ago and now officially fulltiming and love it.
2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD (Full-Timer)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Air-Force One toad brake
Ralph A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #61
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stste Trooper, ins sales, school transportation,justice of the peace
dajudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #62

After high school I attended the school of hard knocks (AKA: USMC 4 1/2 years - Semper Fi) went on to work for the federal government - USDA Inspector General Office, US INS and US Border Patrol. Great career - all time working in law enforcement positions in seven different duty locations including overseas. I've been happily retired since 1993!
Safe Travels
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #63
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Paramedic- 9yrs.
Firefighter/ Paramedic/ Technical Rescue Technician- 13 yrs
Currently assigned as an arson detective- 5 yrs
'87 Coachmen Leprachuan 27' on Ford E 350 w/ 460 cid, Hedman Headers, dual flowmaster exhaust
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #64
Spent 41yrs being involved in moving the nations freight for CSX. (Railroad). Retired in 1998 with a buy out and a nice retirement. Thank you CSX. My wife worked as a secretary for the power company with 32yrs and she also got a buy out.
Railroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #65
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by EelKat View Post
My income over all puts me in "poverty levels" so I couldn't afford a house or apartment with this income, but me and my cats can live like kings in a 22ft RV.

Goes to show feeling rich is all in your head, it doesn't always take a lot of money to do so.

Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
1800 century furniture maker and repair of antique furniture.
Wow Bruce, your an 1800's furniture maker?
How old did you say your are again?

I've worked in the automotive service industry for 35 years, retired service manager of a busy Honda dealership 3 years ago.
'98 Gulf Stream Sunsport 325, 7.5L Banks Power Pack, Koni FSD's, Air Bags, ReadyBrute Elite,
2000 Honda Accord

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #66
Small business owner. 10 years, 14 employees. We draw Structural Steel, Miscellaneous Metals and Ornamental iron (red iron) for building from One story to Fifty stories. We are truly blessed. Could not imagine doing anything else.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #67
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
7 years working in a grocery store as a produce clerk (Union store) and now 27 years as a receiver in a food warehouse (Teamsters Union)..hope to retire in 4 years at age 53 / 54....You can say I'm in the food industry....which for the most part is recession proof.
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #68
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
SPent 36 years as a restaurant manager. The last 5 years as a math teacher. Five more years then I will concentrate on my retirement skills!

Dan 2008 Allegro 32 BA FRED, Honda Fit
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
danf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #69
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thank you to all that have served or still serving our country, you are my hero.
I work as a heating / air conditioning and refrigeration service technician.
John & Tonya
'07 F350 DRW CC Lariat 4X4 (Tow Boss Package)
'08 Carriage Cameo 37RE3
booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #70
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ranch/farm hand, auto mechanic, joined the Air Force to beat the draft and retired after 22 years. Sold cars, Deputy Sheriff, factory worker. Got the house paid off, the son out of college and then worked part time which turned into full time at a liquor store until I started a wedding photography business. The DW got tired of all of my weekends being tied up when she was off so I retired.

Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is online now   Reply With Quote