Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #71
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Former USMC Field Radio Operator, then 30+ years in IT, 20 of those years in Management. Last 5 years as a Director in Hospital Healthcare. I plan to put in 15 more years in Healthcare and then retire.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My turn: part-time jobs in high school doing cable TV installation and construction. Then 2 years in the Army as an Airborne Infantryman. Got out and worked as a car stereo tech for a year, then got into the semiconductor industry. Started out as a product engineering tech and worked my way up to senior CAD Support Engineer over 35 years. My job was to provide support for the software packages that the semiconductor manufacturers use to design and build all those computer chips that run our world today. Retired 3 years ago and never looked back!

Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #73

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, I spent 24 years as a regional maintenance supervisor for a property management company (mid-west and northwest), got tired of everything being a crisis and went back to school. Landed a job as a computer tech with a high school for gifted kids, been there for 10 years. Hope to retire within the next 2-3 years (or sooner).
I'll probably always at least work a few hours a day when I retire, just to keep busy. But it would sure be nice to take a few years off and see this beautiful country of ours!
And no, I won't fix your computer....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
35 years in the trucking industry. I was a driver then a owner operator for 10 years graduated to a small fleet, sold out, and now am a shop foreman, head grunt at a trucking company. Should have gotten away from the dog eat dog business a long time ago, at least now I just have to work on them or tell somebody to do it and don't have to deal with the management part. I guess you stay with what you know, It's a comfort zone thing.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #75

35 years and still going firefighting and parttime truck driver
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Over 40 years working in the transportation industry with 30 years dedicated specifically to air cargo. I got to do everything from fixing trucks to loading airplanes to selling air cargo services to driving trucks to management. I now know just enough about everything to be dangerous.

We were able to retire last year, sell the house, and now live and travel full-time in the luxurious Hotel Monterey.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #77

24+ years Army. Retired 1994, while I still get around, still going strong!!! Knock on wood!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Starting in my youth, I delivered News Paper for the Los Angeles Herald, (Defunct). Washed milk bottles for a dairy, flipped burgers in High School, became an Air Controlman Weather in the Navy and flew coverage for the 7th fleet off of Guam in a Willie Victor or Air Force designation, C-121. Transfered to Barber Point, Oahu, Hawaii and flew the radar barrier from Midway Island to Adak, Alaska and back. Left the military in 1962 and worked as a Laborer on a pipeline with my Uncle. Never work for a relative, best advice I can give anybody. My Uncle worked my rear off. lol Worked for the Gas Co. for four years while trying to get on a Police Department. Police officer for almost two years until I had a run in with a Lt. (Never been to fond of mangement.) Worked at the Salt Mines in Amboy, Calif. the Iron mines at Eagle Mountain, Desert Center, Ca. Drove truck for 22 years for various companies and the went owner operator until I moved to Alaska, sold my Freightliner and flatbed trailer to a local farmer...Went to work in Mental Health counciling Parnoid Schizophrenics and then went to work part time a Zales Jewelers in Wasilla, Ak for a second job...Left to take a job as a salesman for a local car dealership and became a sales manager in two years, almost done, left Alaska in 2002 and retired in Oklahoma. Moved to Ca. in 2006 to a retirment community and finally bought an RV 5 month ago to see this great Nation with my beloved. (DW) Going on our first big trip in May, the good Lord willing. Whee, I am done.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Timeline:
1968 started working as a Plasterer's apprentice. Age: 15yrs. old
Worked at that level through Journeyman (1971) then as housing and buildings in general switched to drywall; I became a finisher.
As work slowed you had to be creative to KEEP working so through the years I became a Carpenter and worked as one about half the time until 1992.
Dang; Blew my back out....Soooo
Worked at anything I could find until 1997 where I took a job as a Maintenance man for a mental health agency in Cleveland OH.
In 2 short years I was a Director of Facilities which lasted until 2007 when I got myself downsized.
I now write specifications for housing remodeling for a Neighborhood Stabilization Program funded by HUD.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #80
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
I am the guy who makes sure your aircraft is safe for the flight along with the captian & first officer...s.
I thank you on behalf of all my friends and loved ones!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #81

Fleetwood Owners Club
First six years right out of high school was spent in U.S. Army as Airborne Infantryman. Two tours in Viet Nam, last one ended my Army career thanks to one of the fellows from North Viet Nam. After recovering I was put out to pasture. I then hired on as a law enforcement officer and retired from that after almost 34 years. Enjoyed working, but enjoy being basicly free to do as I want even more.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #82
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
I am the guy who makes sure your aircraft is safe for the flight along with the captian & first officer...s.
I thank you on behalf of all my friends and loved ones! I now only fly my land yacht.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #83

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I was a central office tech for 32 years and before that installed central office equiptment in the south east for about 4 years for different phone companies and retired from Sprint
Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #84

Licensed Architect in California, Arizona, Texas and Washington. Semi-retired, but still perform some consulting services.