Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
What is the best GPS/dash camera?

Hi all when I need information I come here. So this is what I need : what is the best in GPS systems? and How many of you have dash cameras?? Thank you for your help, it is always appreciated

ryegal, tip your glass
Ryegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
I don't know which is best as I have only used one GPS and that is the Rand McNally 7710. I think there are newer models now.
What ever you finally chose make sure it is for trucks and RVs. These will allow you to enter such things as vehicle height, weight and length along with whether the MH has a tow. Theses are important in keeping you away from low clearance and and roads not suitable for your particular RV.
You will also want an iPad or phone with Google maps. This is a double check on the GPS which can sometimes lead one astray as well as look ahead or take a side trip to Walmart.

Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had many GPS'. I now have the Rand McNally 7710 because of the large color monitor. The best is determined by what you want it to do for you. A GPS is like a cell phone - it can be used for the original purpose and/or a whole lot more with things you have no desire to use.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
go to dashcamtalk.com they review all cameras you can get the with or without Gps I assume you are not talking about travel map GPS .
Paul & Megan 2007 Neptune XL 36 PDQ REK Bilsteins, KarKaddy,mini cooper, W/ Bear and Sedona
Pds47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
American Coach Owners Club
Just saw this thread...Check out the Garmin RV 760 LMT. We use the weighted bag mount so we can use it in any vehicle, and it stays put. Nice big screen, understandable voice directions and I love the lane routing split screen when coming to unfamiliar off ramps/intersections. It can also be switched from the RV mode to car mode for eliminating those height/weight restrictions for RVs. The LMT stands for free Lifetime Maps & Traffic.

I'm seriously considering the dash cam thing as well...can't offer any info there.
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #6
We bought a cobra from best buy for around $140. Works well, nice pictures, captures stupid drivers well!

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2015 JAYCO 31FK

Western New York
Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude, Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #7
Camping world has the Magellan with dash cam on for $199. Dont know how good it is.
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I had originally purchased a simple $70 unit without any screen or GPS back in Sept 2010. I used it on the coach until earlier this year when I purchased the Street Guardian Panorama G Dash Cam and installed a 128 GB SDXC Card.

After seeing the images on the Street Guardian I have decided to sell the old Dash Cam on eBay that I was going to use in my car and purchase a different model of Dash Cam that I had recently seen on a post here at iRV2.com for use in the car.

The new one for the car is called Falcon Zero F170 and it came with a 64 GB SD Card.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #9
I have this $70 dash cam Mobius Actioncam Full HD Sports Camera 1080p 30fps 720P 60FPS Pocket Camcorder | eBay in my towed that I used to capture the following video of what not to do driving a motor home over Donner, particularly with no towed signal lights.

In anticipation of the question, he had Florida plates.
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:29 AM   #10
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by Pds47 View Post
go to dashcamtalk.com they review all cameras you can get the with or without Gps I assume you are not talking about travel map GPS .
Ditto on dashcam.com. I visited there and read a lot of reviews before buying my dash cam. You can learn a lot about the various models/makes available.

Seeing this country from ground level.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote