Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #15

Supplemental

During the open inrollment period, pre-existing can not be used to deny you medicare or supplemental. But, you need to do this in the time period, we have traditional medicare that is auto deducted from our ss monthly check, for supplemental we have mutual of omaha which pays all hospital, lab, other idagnostic co-pays that medicare does not pay for its approved care. We have plan f which is most often recommended. We also have a part d pharmacy plan with first health, you can go to ww.medicare.gove to compare supplemental and part d pharmacy plans. Medicare if you call them will also go over the pharmacy plans available and supplementals and they do not try to led you into one particular plan, if you do not want tradtional medicare, a supplemental and a part d pharmacy plan , then you can go with an advantage plan with this there are certain doctors, hospitals, that you can use and you usually have to pay deductibles for dr. Visits, lab, diagnostices, hospital admissions. You can go to most council of aging and they will help educate you. First though use the internet at www.medicare. Gov to read as much as you can, you are starting early enough you can internet search, agency search and medicare phone call so that you are able to make a wise decision. Just think about long term, and what you will be paying out if you need hospital stays one or more times a year if you go with an advantage plan. After all, make you own informed decision.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
We have plan f which is most often recommended.
I am about 2 years away but I started doing some research at the end of last year and attended a seminar. Plan F was discussed. The premium quoted for So. FL. was about $240 plus $40 for drug plan and of course the monthly Medicare. That's almost $400 a month ( close to $5000 a year ).

I was shocked.

How much is your plan F where you live , if you don't mind sharing?

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I am about 2 years away but I started doing some research at the end of last year and attended a seminar. Plan F was discussed. The premium quoted for So. FL. was about $240 plus $40 for drug plan and of course the monthly Medicare. That's almost $400 a month ( close to $5000 a year ).

I was shocked.

How much is your plan F where you live , if you don't mind sharing?

Cliff
$112.71 with Omaha. The plan benefits are set by the federal government so the only difference is the premium.

Start with medicare.gov. Remember that ALL the plans are the same regardless of the insurance company. Decide on a plan and the site will show you all the companies issuing policies in your state. I live in North Carolina and the premiums for me ran from around $112.00 to $253.00 a month for the same plan. I start March 1st.
Knotdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotdodger
$112.71 with Omaha. The plan benefits are set by the federal government so the only difference is the premium.

Start with medicare.gov. Remember that ALL the plans are the same regardless of the insurance company. Decide on a plan and the site will show you all the companies issuing policies in your state. I live in North Carolina and the premiums for me ran from around $112.00 to $253.00 a month for the same plan. I start March 1st.
Is yours " plan F " ?

Old 02-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Yes.
Knotdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotdodger
Yes.
Wow. That's less than half I was told it would be where I am. I will shop it when my time comes. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Wow. That's less than half I was told it would be where I am. I will shop it when my time comes. Thanks.
Prices will depend on what state you live in, and then can even be by which county you live in within that state. It does pay to shop, and as someone has already posted, Plan F is the best value for the money.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #22

In our home area there are insurance brokers that specialize in Medicare gap coverage. They have a wealth of information on all of the plans available our state. Some are no additional cost, some are a couple hundred a month extra. They allow you to pick and choose depending on what you can afford. Personally DW went with Kaiser Permanente. At $39.00 a month it is a bargain for us. I choose to go with VA medical and it has proven to be great for me so far.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 for Medicare.gov
See what is available to you in your area and what the costs, co-pays, etc are and make a decision based on what will work for you. Just be a little careful with some of the "local" HMOs. Make sure they cover you when you travel. I have Fallon Community Health Plan, which is a local HMO here in MA. They cover urgent and emergency care where ever I might be, and will fill prescriptions via local pharmacies. They will not cover most non-urgent stuff such as annual physicals outside their coverage area. So, I have to be sure to plan to be around MA when I need my annual oil change and tire rotation.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #24

Since you live in Seattle I strongly suggest you check out Group Health Cooperative. My wife and I are paying less than half of what we paid with Blue Cross. Once you go on Medicare they have a product called "Clear Care" which is a Medicare Advantage plan. We have been on the plan for a coupla years now and are very satisfied with the docs, attitude of staff, etc. jw
Snoopkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I refuse to use AARP due to their political views.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance