Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #169

My late DH and I were river rats. When I acquired this email name, I paddled an individual catamaran (tubes 10' long x 12 inches) through class III+ whitewater, and trusted DH would pull my soaking little @$$ out of the river if I swam (he never had to!).

I strapped two lovely Martha Stewart low-boy chairs to the little cat front & back & loaded my gear on there, so my little barge was quite the sight going down the river! Cat-like I wasn't. LOL I tried the screen name of rivers2roads, but it never stuck.
rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #170

Fleetwood Owners Club
jonelsr

jon= john me
el = eldora her
sr = son who is a jr

Old 08-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #171

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My wife picked DRIFTER, she says it's for her free sprit and my driving style. Very funny!

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #172

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Greetings from NE Tennessee:
My handle (so to speak)comes from my days as a boater. my 2yr. old grandson Wil fell off my fishing boat. i rescued him and named the vessel the "LUCKY WIL". i was the skipper of the "wil" boat-thus SKIPWIL.
i have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts and learned several useful things.
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #173

Tiffin Owners Club
I found this thread to be interesting although it has been over a year since any posts. Perhaps this will serve to revive it.

When my first granddaughter was about two she was around me more than her Air Force father who was off in the ‘wild blue yonder’ a lot. She started calling me daddy and we were trying to discourage the misuse of the term. One day she started to say daddy and corrected herself midway and it came out something like da-do. We immediately reinforced the correction and encouraged her to continue using the moniker da-do. I now have seven grandchildren and all call me Dadeaux and the oldest still takes great pleasure for having named me. (Cajun/French spelling)
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #174
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When living in Texas... a friends name was JB, so - I asked him after a few month what that stood for: His answer..... nothing - just JB, my parents just gave me the name JB, and that is my real name.
So - I made a combination of my names and it ended up with TW. So - I'm called TW since my Texas time. Of course the DW calls me a bit different!!!!!

Soon we will go a second time around to see "things" again and the changes since the 60's
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #175

Mine's not complicated - I used to race a Porsche 914 in SCCA road racing.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #176

Excel Owners Club
Mine is an union thing. I am a member of the IBEW and my craft is power lineman. To gain employment I have to sign the out of work books at the union hall. Book1 is having 2000 working hours in 3.5 years. I don’t like to have any grass growing under my feet so I sign Book2. The road trash is just to be an agitator. But in all honesty this name is in honor of a dear brother of mine. His e-mail address was Book2roadtrash@aol.com and I waited five years after his passing before I stared using his name. He was a 58 year active member in the IBEW and even at 76 years of age he was in very excellent physical shape and I loved his wisdom and knowledge of my trade when he would come out and work with us youngins . Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 AM   #177
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Brand of trailer.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #178
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our first names, that way as we get older we could still remember it (LOL)
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 AM   #179

Was discussing avoiding the sun in your face while traveling (can't handle it) and the solution I came up with was to drive west and north in the morning and east and south in the afternoon....hence zigzag.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:37 AM   #180

My dog, she is a greyhound ex-racer who now has a home with us, she is the real chatterdog her teeth chatter when she is excited or nervous and seeing as i like to chat - it was the perfect name
chatterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #181

I was a manager for a chain of stores called Iceland - after a while of working there, I got the name and think its quiet cool
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #182

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Hondo has been hung on me since childhood, a contraction of my last name (Hondros) 122 is the carpenters local I've been a member of for 44 years. Simple and effective. I've been trying to get Peg interested in the computer for years, when I do she'll have her own monicker.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote