Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #239
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Title meaning

Well a few years ago @ a younger age in the mid 1980's, Cheryl (dw) and I had a passion for showing horse's. She showed an American Saddlebred in the Pleasure Division, and myself, I showed a Hackney Pony in the Road Pony Division to a two wheel Sulky Cart . He had to have a lot of stamina and poise while showing @ different speed, in both directions of the ring. These little creatures were descendents of the Hackney Horse, most notably used by the Queen of England and her staff. Best description I could come up with, A little Bomb waiting to explode. My that was a good time in our life, memories to last forever. His registered show name was "Justimagination " now you know the rest of the story.
david g. & cheryl

USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #240
Jan is my first name. When I started playing online poker I used Janshark (you know, card shark). But I'm also a Jimmy Buffett / Margaritaville parrothead and the shark is a little bit tropical.

(When ex and I got our first e-mail account, back in the days of 8 letter / number combo's we used sharkb8 (sharkbait)... he still uses it to this day)

Loved reading all 18 pages of this thread by the way... wish I had the imagination of some people. Horknee made me laugh out loud!

Janshark in a 1991 Beaver Marquis and a Jeep Wrangler (the Beavertail) towed with a Blue Ox Aventa II towbar and M&G aux brake system.
Janshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #241
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
In 1990, my former husband- an active duty Marine- was transfered from Santa Maria, CA to Beaufort, SC. As he had family in upper Washington State, we decided to take the 'scenic route' across country by going from CA to WA, then over to Chicago (visit family) then down to Beaufort.

I had never visited the Pacific Northwest and fell head-over-heals in love with it. As Beaufort was my former husbands last duty station, before retiring, we decided to retire to Washinton State. We moved here Christmas 1993.

I love it here and can not imagine living anywhere else (well maybe Alaska :). Hence my name PNW Girl.

Sheila :)
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #242
I remember when I was about 12, my father took vacation to the Ca beaches. When he came home, he was anxious to share his photos(he too was a photographer)with me and my grandmother who was raising me. As he showed us picture after picture, she wearied of it and asked him if he took pictures of anything else besides clouds. Of course he hadn't.

I am passionate about photographing two things: the desert and the sky. Since I live in NE Ok, trees are plentiful and the desert doesn't exist unless I go to western OK. The sky, however, is always there, and I'm always looking for the beautiful or the unusual, not just sunrises and sunsets.

Hence the name sky_watcher and my avatar which shows a typical NE Ok evening sky.
sky_watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #243
In the early 60s I had a very fast 1953 Ford and a guy who owned a 1956 Chrysler who was always trying to beat me.

One night we ran into a road block racing and as I sat there contemplating 2 years with no licence, the cop from a local police division near me stuck his face in the window and said"well if it isn't Fast Eddy". It stuck for years.

He knew me well. We got 10 miles over the limit and no points.
I was hiting a 100 and pulling away. The speed limit? Well below that.

fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #244
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When I started playing on the internet back in the mid-1980's (it was very, very crude then...) I was a chaplain in the Air Force. Some folks called a chaplain "Chappie" or "Chap." The first system I was on already had someone with username "Chap" so I became "AFChap." I have used the AFChap handle/username on nearly every email system I have been on since then. I finally retired in 2005, and still use AFChap on several email accounts and discussion forums.

Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote